• Monday, April 6, 2020

Turkish soldiers in the Korean War

Discussion in 'Military History & Tactics' started by Aepsilons, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Aepsilons

Aepsilons ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +118 / 35,753 / -0
    Japan
    I admire that about the Turkish soldiers in Korea. Unafraid to death, and charging with bayonets against all odds.
    Reminds me of our own Imperial soldiers in WWII.

2. usernameless

usernameless SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 4,872 / -0
    Turkey
    reading about the battles and looking at our losses, i believe that our ancestors fought bravely and hard in some bizarre circumstances. no doubt about that. On the other hand, though, i have this uncomfortable feeling that many of those sayings by western officials were kinda half-hearted; just to win the heart of the Turkish public and the ruling party of that time about Nato. For nato it was important to win Turkey than to lose it to Soviets. i mean, those Europeans and Americans were praising Turks into the heavens while they historically were (and still are) skeptical and kinda hostile towards us, doesnt make much sense.

3. Hakan

Hakan RETIRED INTL MOD

Ratings:
    +40 / 13,335 / -2
    Turkey
    Yeah but the average american korean war veteran admires the turks aswell and were amazed so I don't think these statements were made to trick us.

4. ELTurco

ELTurco FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,094 / -2
    Turkey
    Japanese and Turks are probably the most disciplined and fanatic soldiers in the world.

5. -SINAN-

-SINAN- ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 275 / -0
    Turkey
    As far as i know Chinese were brave also.

From Grandfather said to my father that, "When they checked Chinese deads, they only find a rifle and small amount of rice.... they were fighting with minimal equipment, also during Chinese offensives, casuelties never disheartened Chinese troops.... they continued attacking wave after wave forcing Turks to withdrew....

On a short notice in that battle single Turkish brigade fought against 8 Chinese divisions... being outnumbered 1 to 32.....

6. Aepsilons

Aepsilons ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +118 / 35,753 / -0
    Japan
    One brigade against an entire Army? My respect goes to the Turkish Force, period.

Honor and Glory is theirs, period.

7. -SINAN-

-SINAN- ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 275 / -0
    Turkey
    Yeap... Grand Father described the whole battle to my father and him to me... later on father bought a book from TSK(army) describing all the events in chronological order. We saw the military map and Turkish brigade was against 8 divisions...

But it's not like Turkish Brigigade stood there and repelled all the attack of Chinese.

When first Chinese wave hits, Chinese immediatly move to flanks, other one hits and that to move to flanks... wave after wave... our brigade threatened with encirclement so , they withdrew some distance and establish on other front.. then Chinese repeat the same tactic over and over again.... but they couldn't encircle and eventually Turkish brigade withdrew all way back to UN line... it must have been insane.