Four Indian nationals - including a BABY and teenager - froze to death in -40 blizzard after walking for 11 hours through waist-high snow to illegally cross border into US from Canada: Florida man is charged with human smuggling
- Officers found three bodies together - a man, a woman and a baby - 33 feet from the border near Manitoba after the arrest of Steve Shand, 47
- The search continued and a teen boy was found a short distance away. It is believed they all died from exposure to the cold
- Shand had been just previously charged with human smuggling after seven Indian nationals were found in the US, leading to the discovery of the bodies
- One of those people spent a significant amount of money to come to Canada with a fraudulent student visa
- According to documents, a US Border Patrol in North Dakota stopped a 15-passenger van just south of the Canadian border on Wednesday
- Shand was driving and court documents allege he was with two undocumented Indian nationals
Steve Shand, 47, was charged with human smuggling after seven Indian nationals were found, and the discovery of four bodies, including a baby, in Canada near the US border.