What's new

Trade deficit swells to record $43.3bn

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
Yes, PDM is guilty of not being exemplary in resisting Imran's onslaught. They should have rolled back the subsidy sooner than now. But I will also blame the politically motivated actions of PTI subsidy program for the current tough macro economic condition of Pakistan. Fair is fair :cheers:

Sure, you opened this thread in an effort to publish news in a non-partisan way. I was mistaken to assume that you tried to paint PDM in bad light :disagree:
Subsidy program to curb inflation like done by different countries.. Sure blame them but everything was accounted for in budget per PTI it was only for 1 month(april)..PMLN extended it for another month without having the money for it. They also cancelled negotiation of getting cheaper oil from russia on barter trade

Make up things as go

Maula Jatt

Jul 24, 2021
Country
Pakistan
No problem. I at least support PM Showbaz Sharif in that Pakistan needs across the board charter of economy similar to your India after 1990 economic crisis. Parties should not be allowed to do politics on economy / change economic polices for at least 10 - 15 years while the economy is put on sustainable growth path View attachment 850685
No lol you don't
I and multiple other posters said it multiple times, how SS is right - he has been saying it since 2018

But you just gave the usual idiotic laugh reacts, sometimes even quoted and said how we don't need that

Now you are taking the opposite route since IK is not in power 🤣

B- It won't happen because IK cannot function in a parlimentry democracy - there is zero record of working with the opposition unlike say PPP
Imran fanboys will make excuses and start the usual RR of corruption but deep down they know this is his fault too

Wood

Mar 30, 2013
Country
India
Subsidy program to curb inflation like done by different countries.. Sure blame them but everything was accounted for in budget per PTI it was only for 1 month(april)..PMLN extended it for another month without having the money for it. They also cancelled negotiation of getting cheaper oil from russia on barter trade

Make up things as go
I've read posts here (from PTI supporters) that claimed subsidy was supposed to be until June. Not sure who is to believe. But this 'budgeted' subsidy will invariably result in fiscal deficit that is apparently not approved by IMF. There should be no excuse for it.

In a recent interview to CNN, Miftah boldly claimed that Pakistan will purchase Russian oil if there was an offer. But he admitted that there was no offer on the table :unsure:

Norwegian

BANNED
Aug 19, 2014
Country
Israel
No lol you don't
I and multiple other posters said it multiple times, how SS is right - he has been saying it since 2018

But you just gave the usual idiotic laugh reacts, sometimes even quoted and said how we don't need that

Now you are taking the opposite route since IK is not in power 🤣

B- It won't happen because IK cannot function in a parlimentry democracy - there is zero record of working with the opposition unlike say PPP
Imran fanboys will make excuses and start the usual RR of corruption but deep down they know this is his fault too
I didn't / don't support PM Showbaz Sharif's charter on corruption (NRO) but charter on economy was a brilliant idea. It's sad that ex PM Imran Khan didn't understand its importance then and he still doesn't now.
@Wood

In a recent interview to CNN, Miftah boldly claimed that Pakistan will purchase Russian oil if there was an offer. But he admitted that there was no offer on the table :unsure:
Even if Russia offered he said he would first check with his master US due to fears of sanctions 😂

Maula Jatt

Jul 24, 2021
Country
Pakistan
I didn't / don't support PM Showbaz Sharif's charter on corruption (NRO) but charter on economy was a brilliant idea. It's sad that ex PM Imran Khan didn't understand its importance then and he still doesn't now.
@Wood
I am too lazy to go around and bring your posts from months ago but I swear I remember atleast 2-3 times when I or some other poster talked about it you threw laugh reacts or were against the idea with quotes

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Mar 21, 2007
Country
Pakistan
1654273202922.png

SoulSpokesman

Dec 1, 2016
Country
India
@Norwegian

I at least support PM Showbaz Sharif in that Pakistan needs across the board charter of economy similar to your India after 1990 economic crisis. Parties should not be allowed to do politics on economy / change economic polices for at least 10 - 15 years while the economy is put on sustainable growth path

Some very mature posts on this thread by you. Kudos to you, sir! Wish all Pakistani interactors on this forum could take an equally bipartisan views on the key economic issues facing IRP.

Regards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom