• Monday, June 25, 2018

Thousands of Pakistanis detained, sentenced to death in Saudi denied rights: report

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by Devil Soul, Mar 8, 2018.

1. PAKISTANFOREVER

PAKISTANFOREVER SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,285 / -12
    United Kingdom

But even there it is dying out now. The Ummah delusion is fading away compared to it's hayday in the 1980s-2000s.

Perhaps in your family but not for most Pakistanis.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Metanoia

Metanoia FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 2,254 / -0
    Pakistan
    For what it's worth, here is my take based on my own experiences and observations.

There are two chief reasons as to why the Pakistanis face a relatively bad experience at the hands of the Saudi legal system, Saudi bureaucracy, and some of the Saudi racists.

1) The nation state of Pakistan: The Saudis have realized that the Pakistani nation state is a banana republic with no self-respect. They have and they can, very easily buy and abuse the most highest officials of our country, from Army generals to politicians to businessmen. They are very well aware of the slave-mentality of the Pakistani nation/awaam. Hence, the worth of the green passport is as good as a used toilet paper. No body extends courtesy or respect to such a nation.

2) Pakistani diaspora: There's a large Pakistani diaspora residing in Saudi Arabia. Of course, those of us who actually reside in Pakistan know how Pakistanis are. People escape Pakistan not only due to economic reasons, but for various other reasons as well, such as the prevalent badmashi/thuggery, fraud, cheating, crime, perversion etc. Even the most affluent of families in Pakistan are at the very minimum dual-nationality holders. Unfortunately, not all, but many of these criminal minded, thugs and whatnot have ended in Saudi Arabia, thereby further damaging the image of hard-working Pakistanis residing in KSA.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Positive Rating Positive Rating x 1
  3. Oscar

Oscar ADVISORS

Ratings:
    +297 / 50,230 / -0
    Pakistan
    The initial policy for Pakistan was very open.. but then the Saudis found themselves flush with Hashish which the otherwise purdah keeping FATA and their Afghan “brethren” brought inside food, soap and other ways. Then as the drug and criminal activities worsened after the Afghan war and almost every ethnicity got involved.. the Saudis said enough.

But it wasn’t just drugs, illegal documents for immigration.. child abuse And rape were carried out by the worker class living in squalor.
    Similar antics to what they used in the west such as siblings shown as married for immigration and other fraudulent activities were eventually going to give a bad name.

Finally, there is a pre-existing superiority complex that Arabs hold which adds onto the treatment that Pakistanis get.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Metanoia

Metanoia FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 2,254 / -0
    Pakistan
    That's all quite true as well. The parable of Pakistan is that of a household where the head of the family, i.e. the father, is akin to a pimp and the children are involved in crime and thuggery. How can we command respect from our neighbours?

Head of the family = Politicians, Generals, Bureaucrats, the Elite
    Children = the infamous Awaam

I can say for certain that Pakistan has turned out to be a country where good is an exception.

5. Oscar

Oscar ADVISORS

Ratings:
    +297 / 50,230 / -0
    Pakistan
    I don’t disagree. Being good is taken as a luxury that few can afford.

But such behavior can be ironed out either 50 years by greater education and awareness.. or in five years with a bloodbath; I prefer the latter.

6. DjSnake

DjSnake FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 142 / -0
    Pakistan
    pakistanis aren't exactly most law abiding, civilized folk. saudis are doing y'all a favor by exterminating vermin.

pakistanis in general have a terrible reputation. try to prove me wrong, you'll fail

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Kaniska

Kaniska SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7 / 6,073 / -2
    United States
    Man...today's is women's day....I am really surprise to see that fellow Pakistani are tolerating such kind of non sense words that you using for other Pakistan people..You are insane..

8. I.R.A

I.R.A ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 9,602 / -3
    Pakistan

Don't exaggerate .... I understand bashing Arabs is in these days and you have to be up to date with the society ...... and they (the Arabs) can never be right, but it still doesn't mean that I would start bringing Ummah (which most of cuckoo Pakistanis have forgotten where this concept originates from and who they really are mocking when they start mocking Ummah) ..... anyways not many years ago these same Arabs would literally come to airports to hug their Pakistani brethren ...... do think sometime what changed ...... why they started looking down on us ...... may be you will realise it was us sending them unchecked scums of our society, who not only destroyed our image but also led them to form an opinion "Kulu Bakistani kulu harami" .....

By the way they are not the confused ones who cannot figure out what to do with an incident like "Kasur and its culprits" ... its us, and I believe it was us who had let go Raymond Davis .... not everyone is used to being so shameless.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Ocean

Ocean SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,586 / -4
    Argentina
    Pakistani labor class mainly made up of pushtoons and then punjabis living in gcc come second after indians in harassing women and attempting to rape them or rape them. Its also one fact pakistanis purposely try to overlook. One just needs to read reportings of such incidents online.

My cousin was sharing with us cousins that she was visiting dubai and she was dressed up in shalwar qameez shopping at some deparmtental store ,there came around bunch of shalwar qameez claded pakistani men who looked to hail from labor class , to pick their groceries from shelves she was picking her stuff from, the men upon realizing from her dress shes a pakistani started harassing her. She called in help and left the place. she was like i am so surprised that these men who were pakistani started to harass her on a foreign soil just cause they knew from her dress that she too is a pakistani and understands their language. And she was like they were teasing her as if its their right to tease her ,like shes their property. Matlab pakistani bhai chaara is all in baton shaton may, asal may yeh bhai doosray mulkon may pakistani khawateen kay libas pehchan kay tang karnay may paish paish hotay hain, kay chalo koi pakistani larki nazar ayi, issay cherna tau paidaishi haq hai.

I actually know a pakistani guy from gujrat district whose parents ,albiet , being well off , out of greed to settle their son abroad, sent their 12 yr son with his mamoo with fake documents showing him his mamoos son to uk. And then same guy got married to his mamoos daughter in uk but since civil marriage between siblings is not possible so they didnt register their marriage.

10. TheLahoriGuy

TheLahoriGuy BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,177 / -2
    Pakistan
    Raymond Davis wasn't let go, he was legally free to go after he exploited the same law that Sharukh Jatoi used (the diyat law which I don't even know why still exists). As for your argument of hem hating us for a "reason" , would you say that the hate coming from the Western world is justified too ? Maybe we've been sending them scums too and maybe we should start supporting Trump's ban. And there's no mocking involved whenever the concept of ummah is bought up, theres simply an argument that religion alone cannot bind us to each other to an extent where we put our own interests behind. An Indonesian does not feel any relation Pakistani the same way as a Pakistani doesn't feel any relation to a Nigerian.

The CIA picked up hundreds of muslims after 9/11 and tortured them to madness. The Israeli army regularly arrests civilians and treats them like animals. The Indian Army opens fire on Kashmiri civilians after declaring them as terrorists. Do they all deserve it too ?

Everyone deserves to have a right to defend themselves and recieve basic human rights.

11. I.R.A

I.R.A ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 9,602 / -3
    Pakistan
    Did any Pakistani Islamic "Scholar" or the that ridiculous Islami Nazriati Council of Pakistan (which only wakes up to legalise child bride marriages) ever tell the Islami gornamint of Pakistan and their zombie followers .... that Diyat "the blood money" doesn't apply in case of that gora Kafir Raymond Davis? Or did we Zombies ever ask this?

It doesn't even apply in case of Shah Rukh Jatoi ...... these diyat laws in Pakistan are in contradiction with Quran.

Stop... stop, wait ........ how about first let the Arabi sheikhs bomb the hell out of our Pakistani people, conduct drone strikes, violate our sovereignty (I don't know what this word even means in Pakistan's case) and then compare them with Western societies and their administrators? Otherwise the comparison doesn't hold much ground you know ......

I have written a piece related to this somewhere else ....... I wish I could share the link here with you but I can't. As long as we keep following man made religion and fairy tales documented as holy traditions ....... we will keep suffering. Ummah with words chummah is not mocking then I don't know what mocking would really look like. The source of this concept happens to be Quran by the way .........

12. TheLahoriGuy

TheLahoriGuy BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,177 / -2
    Pakistan
    I didn't use the term ummah chummah anywhere so this has no relation to me. Yes the Quran does say that under one religion the entire Muslim world should live with sovereignty but this is only possible in an ideal world and unfortunately we don't live in one. The West has fully contributed to disrupting peace in the middle east for their personal gain. But wars in Yemen, Iraq,Iran,Syria,Kuwait,Palestine and partially Afghanistan have had one or another Arab hand in them. Like I said it is IMPOSSIBLE that countries will put aside their own interests just because they share the same faith.

And BTW the law did apply in Shahrukh Jatoi's case as his lawyers were able to drag the murder into "accidental murder" after which the law could be applied. It is simple, if a law has a high probability of being abused (both diyat and blasphemy law) , they need to go.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I.R.A

I.R.A ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 9,602 / -3
    Pakistan
    And you are ready to give clean chit to the Persians high on their empire days Pride?

Okay so if its normal for any country to watch for its own interests and people ..... then how come Ummah become relevant if Saudis detain Pakistanis most probably for their wrong doings? Its either you accept this reality or you study and learn the Ummah concept properly ..... why bring it out every time when it has to do with Arabs only?

Why the Ummah critics keep silent on inhumane treatment of Afghan refugees at the hands of Iranians?

I said Pakistan's diyat laws are in contradiction with Quran ........ its very simple in Quran .... unlike Pakistani laws.

14. dsr478

dsr478 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 4,729 / -0
    Pakistan
    Contrary to popular opinion, most of the guys the CIA nab do have some connection to America's enemies. Same with the Israeli army (other than the children they detain). I don't like what the CIA or Israel do, but I won't say they mostly detain innocent civilians, that's false. They (mostly) detain those who work against them.

Opening fire on civilians isn't the same as arresting them. You are comparing apples and oranges.

15. Talwar e Pakistan

Talwar e Pakistan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,209 / -1
    Pakistan
    Good job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1