• Monday, December 16, 2019

The unification of the Arabian Peninsula?

Discussion in 'Arab Defence Forum' started by al-Hasani, Oct 29, 2014.

1. KingMamba

KingMamba ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 19,344 / -3
    Pakistan
    Arabs breed just like us South Asians but there lands cannot support as much people as the plains of the Punjab. :)

@al-Hasani no love for the Yemenis? smh :lol:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. farhan_9909

farhan_9909 PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +14 / 11,816 / -5
    Pakistan
    Should be done,KSA has everything but they lack population.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Water Car Engineer

Water Car Engineer ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +13 / 22,217 / -6
    United States
    Would be a powerful country. Three strong blocks with Arabs, Turks, and Iranians.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Arya Desa

Arya Desa BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,502 / -18
    India
    Speak for yourself. Our Punjab has one of the lowest fertility rates in India at 1.7 TFR.

5. Kabira

Kabira ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12 / 12,058 / -28
    Pakistan
    Poor Yemenis are left out because god was not kind to them when it comes to oil? Pathetic

6. KingMamba

KingMamba ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 19,344 / -3
    Pakistan
    Your punjab also kills your young women, no women no breeding. :rolleyes: What you are left with is imported brides from Bihar and Bihari sardars. :lol:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. al-Hasani

al-Hasani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 25,134 / -11
    Saudi Arabia
    Actually I hoped that this thread could kickstart a discussion about constitutional monarchies in the GCC as well with a similar role to those seen in Western Europe and with parliaments/real elections at the same time. So in other words real democracies.

I also think that federalism is the only way forward in such a nation as the Arabian Peninsula just like the Arab world as a whole is quite diverse.

Yemenis would be included as Yemen is a corner stone of the Arabian Peninsula historically, culturally and geographically. I have included them here and I hope that they will join the GCC at some point. Same with Jordan.

They would be included in my vision and they might not be rich in terms of economy but they are one of the richest countries in terms of history, culture and natural beauty. You can't buy that with any money! Yemen actually has oil but not much compared to its neighbors and the population is also quite big. 25-30 million by now and one of the fastest growing in the world.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. FaujHistorian

FaujHistorian ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +46 / 13,474 / -2
    Pakistan

This may result in Qatari Emirs displacing Sauds.

I doubt Saudi youth will like that.

9. al-Hasani

al-Hasani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 25,134 / -11
    Saudi Arabia
    Please don't troll this thread mate and reread the topic from the beginning to the end. I don't care about any leaders. All I ask for is that they do a good job. Whatever their sect, family, social status, ethnicity, skin color etc. may be.

10. FaujHistorian

Ratings:
    +46 / 13,474 / -2
    Pakistan
    no trolling my dear.

Such threads lack serious introspection.

11. al-Hasani

al-Hasani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 25,134 / -11
    Saudi Arabia
    Don't get what you mean by that and don't understand your first comment here either. Let's stick to the topic here and make a serious thread. Nobody forces anybody here to participate.

Personally I also believe that there should be closer relations with neighboring countries like Iraq.

I also believe that a united Arabian Peninsula could serve as bridge to nearby Egypt and Horn of Africa/Eastern Africa. All potentially big and emerging markets.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. FaujHistorian

Ratings:
    +46 / 13,474 / -2
    Pakistan
    Do the introspection brother, find all the faults and weaknesses that KSA has.

Address them first, only then a union can happen.

EU happened because of an industrial power house like Germany.

your thread assumes that a country like Greece can form a big union.

not happening.

Greece can only follow and not lead.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Jaanbaz

Jaanbaz BANNED

Ratings:
    +20 / 15,432 / -8
    Pakistan
    @al-Hasani You have your work cut out, not many Arabs here to discuss this topic. But anyway I'll give my views.

The current borders of Arabian Peninsula was drawn mostly by colonial powers. As we can currently see that these borders are not working. There could be a union between the GCC. I'm still not sure how they would unite like US style federation though.

Babu Ji wrong thread.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. al-Hasani

al-Hasani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 25,134 / -11
    Saudi Arabia
    Actually the borders of Yemen, Oman, Bahrain are as they always were mostly. The current borders of Yemen for instance correspondent almost fully with 3500 years old Yemeni kingdoms. KSA is basically a confederation of the historical regions of Hijaz, Najd and Eastern Arabian (Al-Ahsa) while the North is partially a part of the Levant and the Southeast is the Rub' al-Khali. Half of the Arabian Peninsula was never colonized for instance by any outsiders outside of Arabs and Semites which are all native to the Arabian Peninsula. The only "new" states are Kuwait, Qatar (a peninsula itself) and UAE. All small states. The British rule was very short-lived and they did not change any historical borders really. Besides the Arabian Peninsula remains the Arabian Peninsula. Same with Arabia.

It's a bit different in other parts of the ME and especially Africa.

GCC itself is already a big step towards unification.

Yes, there are about 40-50 of us Arab users here but only like 10 of us are active and not even always active.:lol: There are none Arab users from any country on the Arabian Peninsula outside of KSA. Well we had a Omani lady @Chai and she has not been active for months (sadly) and I think that we have a Kuwaiti user who is rarely active too. That's it. Rest are from KSA.:lol: There might be 450-500 million of us Arabs but not many of us have discovered PDF yet.;)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  15. Jaanbaz

Jaanbaz BANNED

Ratings:
    +20 / 15,432 / -8
    Pakistan
    one question wouldn't the poor countries like Yemen be a burden? Unless richer ones could help the poorer ones out. I mean EU gets dragged down even in one country performs poorly. And you are talking about a federation of many nations.

• Thanks Thanks x 1