• Thursday, December 14, 2017

Featured 'The System'-by WAJsal

Discussion in 'Pakistani Siasat' started by WAJsal, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Shah01

Shah01 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 160 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yeah true. I could try but as I said it probably be more expensive for the first case but second case most definitely it is going to media.

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 903 / -0
    Pakistan
    How much more expensive would it be for the first case? U could try a public funding campaign online like on GoFundMe. It's about time we the people take matters into our own hands. So anarchy? Also I've got tons of student loan so for ur funding campaign I would only be able to afford about $20 worth of anarchy :p:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Shah01

Shah01 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 160 / -0
    Pakistan
    Haha yes could try. Good idea thanks :)

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 903 / -0
    Pakistan
    It's true that these reforms are badly needed but as the old saying goes "who will bell the cat". These reforms can only be made by the people who genuinely care for the country, the system and the people. We lack those kind of people in our top leadership, parliament and other institutions who hold the power to introduce such reforms.

Personally I'm of the view that a new system(or a heavily modified version of the current, essentially making it new) is needed where human nature is taken into account. Exactly like when u put a lion in the zoo, u take the necessary precautions keeping in mind it's nature.

Over centuries as people realized the dangers of immense power in the hands of one man for his entire life(monarch), they moved to a new system. In this system(democracy) ideas such as limited terms, separation of powers, checks and balances were introduced. This takes into account the human nature of where power can go to our heads and essentially puts a stop to it(for the most part).

However there is a second element that has always existed in every form of government and might always exist unless a new system is introduced that puts a check on that. This second element in every form of government is money. Money and power have always been coupled throughout history.
    Examples:
    Emperor(Power)/Aristocrats(Money) - Europe/Elsewhere
    Emperor(Power)/Shoguns(Aristocrat with an army) - Japan
    Consuls/Emperor(Power)/Senators(Money) - Rome

this coupling of money and power was hardly addressed in the system called democracy and this is why it still plagues us. The idea behind it was noble(a government for the people by the people) but overtime that government became more and more like an elite club with a few select members that collectively rule(if not one then another). This is definitely true in case of Pakistan(parliamentary democracy) and just as true in the US(a representative democracy).

A system built on the following maybe a step in the right direction.
    New - Separation of money and power
    Old - Separation of Powers
    Old - Checks and Balances

Add to this some stern accountability and there might be a system that has the least amount of sold out/corrupt ppl working for self interest. Coming up with such a system would probably be very hard.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Azlan Haider

Azlan Haider SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +57 / 5,466 / -11
    Pakistan
    .......... The distinction between a Muslim State and an Islamic State was overlooked. Sri Prakasa, India’s first High Commissioner to Pakistan, knew Jinnah well. Both were members of the Central Legislative Assembly. He received preferential treatment from the Governor-General. One day Jinnah lost patience with him. “I asked him if he would permit me to say one thing; and would not take it at all amiss. I should, I added, like to apologise to him beforehand, and would say what I desired to do only if he permitted me to do so. ‘Out with it’, he said; ‘I have plenty of flatterers. I want a friend who would speak to me quite frankly. Do say what you want to say.’ I was encouraged by what he said, but was still nervous, particularly because of my position as a diplomat accredited to his State. I therefore added that I regarded myself as a friend, and that I might be assured that he would not mind. On his repeated assurance, I said – and I remember my words clearly even at this distance of time : ‘I know that the partition had been effected on the basis of differing religions. Now that this has taken place, I see no reason why stress should be laid on Pakistan being an Islamic State.’ I ventured to go on to tell him that if there should be no talk of Pakistan being an Islamic State, non-Muslims would be assured and not be flying away as they were doing. I told him of how I had seen deserted places in the interior, and had been dealing with thousands of persons anxious to leave their homes and all they held dear.

At this he said that he had never used the word ‘Islamic’. He added: ‘You are a responsible man, and you should tell me where I have done so.’ I ventured to add that only the day before, Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan (the then Prime Minister of Pakistan) had said that Pakistan was an Islamic State. To this he replied : ‘Have it out then with Liaquat : why quarrel with me?’ I would not give in, I said ; ‘In your broadcast from Lahore on August 31, you had yourself spoken of Pakistan as an Islamic State.’ He was quite sure that he had not done so, and asked me to let him have the original version, if I could. At this he suddenly got up. I could see he was visibly livid with rage. I was summarily dismissed.

“Unfortunately for me, I was very sure that he had used the word ‘Islamic’ in his broadcast. Next morning I walked up to the office of the Hindu Editor of a leading daily paper of Karachi, whom I knew well, and asked for the issue of early September that contained the full text of the broadcast. The Editor’s curiosity was naturally aroused, and in confidence, I told him of my interview with Mr. Jinnah on the previous evening. As is unfortunately the way of some journalists, he could not keep the matter to himself, but publicized this talk in his own way in his paper. Thereupon I had a letter from Mr. Jinnah in which he rightly complained about my giving a public report of an after was helpless. I sent my apologies to Mr. Jinnah, and I also enclosed a newspaper cutting giving the broadcast.

“I had studied the same very carefully. As a fact, the word ‘Islamic’ had not occurred anywhere there. The words ‘Muslim State’, however, were found at more than half a dozen places. I told Mr. Jinnah in my letter that I was sorry, I had mistaken the word ‘Muslim’ for ‘Islamic’; and that, generally speaking, the lay public will not see much difference in the two, particularly when the Prime Minister and others were constantly using the word ‘Islamic’ and not confining themselves to the word ‘Muslim’ in their public speeches and writings. Evidently the Qaid-e-Azam did not intervene. I never had a reply from Mr. Jinnah. But naturally I thought within myself as to what could be the difference between a ‘MuslimState’ and an ‘Islamic State’.”
    (Sri Prakasa; Pakistan: Birth and Early Days, MeenakshiPrakashan; Delhi; 1965; pp. 56 -58).

http://www.criterion-quarterly.com/secular-jinnah-the-islamic-undercurrent/

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Musafir117

Musafir117 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,202 / -5
    Pakistan
    And what all this above ^ related with Pak Politics?:sar khujaeing:

7. WAJsal

WAJsal MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +210 / 12,804 / -0
    Pakistan
    @Zaki , have you read this?:chilli:

8. Zaki

Zaki MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +16 / 21,952 / -0
    Pakistan
    I did read Sir and was the first person to give you positive rating and I also wrote a response but it became quite lengthy so I decided not to post it.

I do agree with your post besides one or two points which I will highlight later

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. WAJsal

WAJsal MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +210 / 12,804 / -0
    Pakistan
    Oh, i thought i would squeeze out a positive rating out of you. Waiting for your reply my good friend.

10. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29 / 18,777 / -1
    Pakistan
    Without education democracy does not works