• Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Future of Karachi's Coastline

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by dexter, Mar 16, 2019.

1. dexter

dexter SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22 / 19,808 / -0
    Pakistan

The current development projects along Karachi's coast are having an adverse effect on its residents and the environment. Mangroves that are a barrier against storms and cyclones, and nurseries for migratory birds, fish and crustaceans are being cut down by the timber mafia with abandon. Industrial and domestic sewage by the city's 18 million inhabitants is released untreated into the sea, causing great harm to fishing communities and coastal wetlands. And yet, grand mega projects like "Diamond Bar Island City" and "Sugar Land City" are being planned on more than 68,000 acres along the coast, while the needs of the city's original inhabitants are being neglected.
    This documentary explores alternatives to haphazard development along Karachi's coastline in light of the basic principles of urban planning.

Producers: Shehri CBE and Getz Pharma Pakistan

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. Starlord

Starlord ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 14,026 / -1
    Pakistan
    go beyond Zero Point in Karachi , and you will see some extra-Ordinary construction going on , I am very hopeful that in next 10 years Karachi will see a huge Rise in Living Standard .

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Imad.Khan

Imad.Khan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 7,131 / -1
    Pakistan
    Good doco, a real eye-opener, also loved that they spoke proper urdu.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. newb3e

newb3e SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,213 / -19
    Pakistan
    khis standard will never rise! its i shit hole rulled by waderas and their pimps and yes boys in uniform! its i city ruled not by law but by mafias! check recent badmashi of police these illiterate bastards think they are fking rulers of Karachi.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. zulu

zulu FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 1,664 / -0
    Pakistan
    But on what cost ??have to consider environmental impact too if u rem bahria demolished few acres forest plus an lake too.and they planning to do it towards mubarak village.I think we should consider according to Hadith Mubaraka about setting new cities lot of option and space not only on highway side also near dhabeji,gharoo and don't forget near steel town

6. jupiter2007

jupiter2007 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,535 / -1
    Here are the options for PTI government

1) Don’t do anything and let MQM and PPP fight and let MqM continue to cry for lack of power.

2) Expedite and convict PPP leadership on corruption cases. No anti corruption laws can passed while Zardari & Billo Rani influencing Sindh assembly. Sindh province needs a local body system, more power should be granted to cities and towns.

3) Topple Sindh government and bring governor RAj and give power to local body government.

4) Topple Sindh government and bring governor RAj and move the Sindh capital to Hyderabad. Make Karachi federal territory and apply federal government laws.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Starlord

Starlord ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 14,026 / -1
    Pakistan
    There is no forest in Karachi , specially at Zero point .

Ok , so what are you doing to make Karachi a better place? rather than calling it a sh!t hole ? if you have nothing positive to post shut your sh!t hole of a mouth .

8. zulu

zulu FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 1,664 / -0
    Pakistan
    Ji hazrat jaanta hn but as they want flat land better think other places too considering pressure on our outdated infrastructure the places i suggest if u visited there share your point of view
    @newb3e bhai mery gali dainy sy solve nahi honay kaa har shaqs zamedar past ka bhi aur future ka bhi aagy ka batain if u got any positive suggestion.And those who want to do anything check our friend Alamgir Khan MNA tu bahi abhi bany hain hamary area sy par larky ny apny dum py kuch tu kiyaa naa that's y appreciated him a lot

The thing i love most about Karachi yeh mini Pakistan hai so sab ka city hai sab ko responsibility bhi laini chahyee

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. newb3e

newb3e SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,213 / -19
    Pakistan
    lols jazbati boy relax!

its not just me calling it khi shit hole international agencies also call it a shit hole!! and trust me you fant do shit to change that fact plant a tree and some day wood mafia will cut down!

https://www.dawn.com/news/1427079

10. Samlee

Samlee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 4,981 / -0
    Pakistan

Weren't Sugarland City and Diamond Bar Island City Shelved Years Ago:undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. iw.hassan97

iw.hassan97 FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Pakistan
    Karachi a sh!th0le? Or rather a safe haven for thugs and robbers? Maybe both. The insecurity I always have when I'm out can't be undone. Since after being robbed TWICE, once in a broad daylight at or around 9 am with in a year of moving back here on a permanent basis. MOST PEOPLE HERE ARE SURVIVING NOT LIVING.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Nasr

Nasr FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 366 / -0
    Pakistan
    If ever there could be an attempt at social engineering, then it should the exodus from Karachi to Gwadar. The 6th largest populated metropolis in the world, Karachi has a population between 22-24 million. That is a staggering number, unsustainable by any standards. If there is anything Pakistan's Government can do, it would be the organized exodus of half the population of Karachi, to Gwadar. The skilled jobs, technical experts and development planners, doctors, engineers, ship builders, port workers and so should move there along with their families. If 12 million Karachites move to Gwadar, it would create huge relief on the power grid, resources, pollution, opportunities created by new building projects there. Same goes for the rest of Pakistan's 200 million population that needs to disperse to populate millions of acres of uninhabited land in Baluchistan. Projects ought to be initiated to make Baluchistan arable, trees planted, canals dug and cloud seeding projects initiated. Projects for desalination plants should also be initiated in order to cater for populating Baluchistan. Mass migration will give Pakistan greater opportunity to visibly dispel "putting all eggs in Punjab & Karachi." Instead of uncontrolled, unleashed population explosion, we should " manage our population distribution."

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  13. newb3e

newb3e SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,213 / -19
    Pakistan
    yes exactly!

khi is a dangerous city its better now but still dangerous i have work on outskirts of khi and i dont feel safe roaming around the area.i have been robbed 4-5 times and i wish i could fking kill those bastards police harami hai us nay kuch nai karna,drunk wedera ki harami auladian roam around like fking kings of khi and murder anyone they wish!

its a lawless jungle ruled by mafias! its worst then fata or waziristan

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. shahbaz baig

shahbaz baig SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 3,219 / -0
    Pakistan
    Mazmoon or irada tuo naik maloom hota hai is mukhtasir si tehqiq ka Jo baakhobi bamae haal k bataya bhi gaya hai. Per chu k kabhi hm ne haqiqi taraqqi or insani, maholayati baqa ka nhi socha siwae maal-o-zar k. Is bunyad per kaha ja Sakta hai k hm kabhi sudharnay k nhi.

Janab ko agr behangam tamiraat krni hi hai tuo zaror keyjia mgar khodara saqafati wirsay or maholiyati nuqsanaat ko malhoz-e-khatir mai rakh kr, kiyo k duniya ko eisi se pata chalta hai k Aap ek suljhi hoe or munazaam Qoom hain. Wargrna nhi tuo Eijtamai tor per pori Qoom ki hasiyat duniya se jati rehti hai.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. shahbaz baig

shahbaz baig SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 3,219 / -0
    Pakistan