• Thursday, April 26, 2018

Terror crackdown has raised Pakistan’s credibility: Russia

Discussion in 'Central & South Asia' started by ashok321, Apr 17, 2018.

1. ashok321

ashok321 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 9,577 / -2
    Canada
    Terror crackdown has raised Pakistan’s credibility: Russia

[​IMG]

New Delhi: In a surprising turn of events, Russia, seen as a close friend of India, on Monday came out strongly in defence of New Delhi’s arch rival Pakistan, saying Islamabad’s credibility had increased after it started cracking down on terrorist financing.

Ironically, the comments came at an event to mark 70 years of diplomatic ties between Russia and India, whom the Russian ambassador to India Nikolay Kudashev described as a “time-tested” as well as “global” partner.

“The credibility of this country (Pakistan) after it joined the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), after it started to take serious measures on the financing of terror, the credibility of Pakistan is growing. There is no reason, no sense to deny its wish to be part of the regional and global effort to fight terror, to search for stability and enhanced economic integration,” Kudashev said.

The comments put partners India and Russia at variance with each other, given that New Delhi is of the view that Pakistan does little to fight terrorism and shelters and finances terrorists and insurgent groups who are anti-India.

The remarks come against the backdrop of a sense that Russia and India are drifting apart—with India getting closer to the US. On the other hand, Russia is getting closer to China and opening channels with Pakistan, selling military hardware and hosting senior members of the Pakistani military and conducting military exercises with Pakistani forces.

In his speech, Kudashev said one of the reasons for befriending Pakistan was for bringing peace to Afghanistan. “We wish it or not, dialogue between Kabul and Taliban, irrespective of how challenging it is, is the only way forward for the sake of a lasting national reconciliation,” he said.

“The problems of Afghanistan are impossible to resolve without taking on board every neighbouring country,” he said, adding that Moscow saw Pakistan as part of the solution rather than the problem—as a country providing support to the rebel Taliban.

“This logic also guides us towards further developing relations with Pakistan, which is, on the other hand, Russia’s historic and important regional partner as well,” he said.

Russia-Pakistan ties got “new impetus since Islamabad has become the SCO member-state,” he added.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. ashok321

ashok321 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 9,577 / -2
    Canada
    A tight Rusky slap on Modi's face. I do not think he would be able to sleep tonight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. rambro

rambro FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 924 / -0
    Malaysia
    Are u thinking wat im thinking wat they are implying?

Subtle warning huh, now summon my war generals.

4. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +106 / 28,891 / -1
    India
    There is a defect in that sentence construction. Shills don't think, they get paid to parrot the pitch.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ashok321

ashok321 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 9,577 / -2
    Canada
    Russian tit for Indian tat:

Excerpt:

On Wednesday, after opening Defexpo 2018, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in a swarm of subordinates and bodyguards, was touring the exhibits in Hall 1, where the big Russian exhibitors and Israeli defence vendors were arrayed opposite each other. Senior Russian officials recount that Sitharaman turned abruptly to the Israeli firms — Israel Aerospace Industries, Rafael and Elbit Systems — and strolled past without bothering to even look at a single Russian exhibit.

Russian attempts to engage her attention were blocked by the guards around her.

“This is what the India-Russia defence relationship has come to. India’s political environment is no longer that friendly to Russia”, says a top Russian executive.

10th pass Modi does not respect a nation who has leased it Nuclear submarines and helping it make few at home with a full consultancy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. my2cents

my2cents SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,872 / -6
    United States
    If the news is true then he will be sleeping well. We want Pakistan to mend its ways.

7. GIANTsasquatch

GIANTsasquatch FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,209 / -4
    Pakistan
    hmmm maybe the SCO really is an indicator of something. A new world order is in the works!

8. rambro

rambro FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 924 / -0
    Malaysia
    I often wonder.

Is modi da serial giver of gay hugs really good at destroying india or is he just doing as told by US regime like a good chihuahua?

Dia macam PM malaysia la. :3

- now wheres ma war generals, we got many countries to mess up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. ashok321

ashok321 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 9,577 / -2
    Canada
    I wonder what would India do when Pakistan raises Kashmir issue under the SCO roof.

Lol

Mungkin ma.

He is the best narcissist and Selfie sufficient PM of India.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. nadeemkhan110

nadeemkhan110 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,062 / -1
    Pakistan
    Russia was expecting support from India in recent Syria issue but India say sorry my ex now I am in a love with Trump:usflag:, Putin to India I don't know why I start loving with this one:pakistan:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  11. ashok321

ashok321 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 9,577 / -2
    Canada
    From bed partners to bad partners..

I don’t miss him, I miss who I thought he was. – Putin on Modi

Lol

12. somebozo

somebozo ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 18,118 / -11
    Pakistan
    Syria not working out well for Russia, It needs rental allies..what better state is available than Pakistan for rental alliance?

13. ashok321

ashok321 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 9,577 / -2
    Canada
  14. MagicMarker

MagicMarker FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 642 / -16
    India
    Interesting development in Indo Russian ties. They are busy shooting themselves in the foot.