• Friday, March 22, 2019

Featured T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Discussion in 'Pakistan Army' started by kaonalpha, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    Sir I trust who ever my source is. He has provied me with great info and also HIT guy in an interview said in an year interview that around this year end AK 2 would come or enter production. I am waiting for the pictures the guy who gives this info has asked for permission from Army the moment he gets I would start a thread here. @Pakistanisage Sir even Oplot M is around 54 Tonnes so we can have a Tank with two more tonnes.

2. Mani2020

Mani2020 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 9,485 / -0
    Pakistan
    Any jet that is inducted to play a second fidel role ( as going by your positioning of f-16s in paf) even that doesn't necessarily means that its a stop gap measure. They were inducted instead of JAS-39 because of multiple reasons
    Firstly already developed infrastructure that resulted into less time and spending in developing infrastructure from scratch for a new fighter
    Secondly Paf mastered f-16s over decades
    Thirdly JAS-39 already had many parts sourced from various countries including US , so any embargo from US would have similar impact on JAS-39 to what it would have on F-16s
    F-16 C/D block 52s were more capable aircrafts
    Purchasing F-16s from US had given PAF a window to import other latest goodies from US and enhanced the capability of existing fleet.

You are not an airforce with so many options my friend you currently have only two modern and capable fighters F-16s and Jf-17s and being latest variants of f-16s more advanced than jf-17 you cant afford to keep your most advanced fighter as a stop gap measure or to play a second Fidel role, so your theory is flawed my friend

Besides you are thinking too ahead in future . Chinese 5th generation aint coming out that soon as many people here are expecting there is still a long way to go instead of prototypes being on the scene . And by no means PAF is going to induct 5th generations in so much numbers that it can not only fill the gap but also replace f-16s .

And no matter how good friend china is still you cant beef up your inventory from a single source . You always have to look to have multiple options due to various reasons. PAF needs to have a mix of Chinese, Local and European/American fighters. Ratio can vary or tilt in favor of China due to obvious reasons as they are more dependable suppliers and can offer soft loans but still you have to keep your options open. PAF F-16s arent going anywhere till 2030 i believe

3. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    That is what I am telling them, that first 5th Generation won't come that soon even if does still if you look at PAF and How they have operated in past 60 years they are never gonna depend on only two type of 4.5 th Generation Fighter Jets they are looking for third one but right now it seem they are interested more in SU-35 than in J-10 B. So let's hope for the best

4. Oscar

Oscar ADVISORS

Ratings:
    +310 / 56,607 / -0
    Pakistan
    Im not stopping you from trusting and posting information from whosoever. I just dont buy it.. prefer finding out from the right people myself before agreeing or disagreeing OR simply keeping quiet once I know.

5. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    Okay Sir I hope to get the pictures soon than I would post them here you can also get it confirmed weather pics are right or not

6. Icarus

Icarus ADVISORS

Ratings:
    +79 / 14,837 / -0
    Pakistan
    The world where anything and everything is a possibility.

7. Jango

Jango MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 17,683 / -0
    Pakistan
    Bhai jaan aik to aap ko thread start karnay ki bauhaut jaldi hoti hai! :D

8. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    Well I should share the good news if I manage to get those pictures. Hopefully I would get them soon INSHALLAH.

9. kaonalpha

kaonalpha FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 2,111 / -1
    Pakistan
    The oplot M has failed along with the Chinese tanks as both their engines seized during trials. Now the Ukrainians are claiming they will be bringing new engine via sea which will take 6 Months.

10. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15 / 10,301 / -6
    Pakistan
    What's the status of AK2?

11. s.k

s.k FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 240 / -0
    Pakistan
    Can they please test T14 Armata also ? Just on my requste please ? Im in love with that tank

12. HRK

HRK PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +55 / 19,394 / -0
    Pakistan
    why not via 'express mail' ... we can't wait that long ... :mad:

13. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    So now it failed ? What is Army upto and why not try 1500 HP engine being used by China for T-99 A2. Also I have heard that two AK-2 prototypes are under trial since 2013. So what is latest on AK-2 ? @Icarus @balixd

14. Bratva

Bratva PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +46 / 20,008 / -1
    Pakistan

Big Eidi to be launched soon ! (for india)

Cancelled or Bakra eid par?

15. kaonalpha

kaonalpha FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 2,111 / -1
    Pakistan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.