Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Middle East & Africa' started by Alienoz_TR, Sep 12, 2014.
Your backed jihadi salafi terrorists are responsible for the unrest in Syria.
Turkey used chemical weapons in Northern Syria
Btw it is not the first time Turks use chemical weapons in Syria. Back in 2015 Turks carried chemical weapons to rebels:
İ can assume you if the chemical bombs were really lethal and viable, we would have used them onto your ***.
Today there is nothing lethal more than convantional explosives .
Turkey/Saudi backed jihadis throw gas capsoul in civilian areas:
A general view shows a Syrian air force Su-17 fighter plane flying over the besieged rebel-held town of Hamouria in the eastern Ghouta region on the outskirts of the capital Damascus on March 3, 2018. (AFP)
Fresh air raids by the Syrian regime on the besieged rebel-held enclave of Eastern Ghouta killed at least 14 overnight, a monitor said Monday.
The Syrian Observatory said barrel bombs -- crude, improvised munitions that cause indiscriminate damage -- were used, including on the town of Hammuriyeh, where 10 people were killed.
The latest deaths brought to 709 the number of civilians killed since regime and allied Russian forces intensified their campaign against Eastern Ghouta in February.
Desperate for food and basic medicines, many of the besieged and bombarded Syrian civilians in Damascus’ eastern suburbs of Ghouta waited on Monday as a 46-truck convoy organized by the key aid agencies began entering the rebel-held enclave.
The delivery would be the first to the region in nearly three weeks. officials had said lack of approvals and consensus among the warring parties, as well as the limited duration of a daily, five-hour Russian pause, had made aid delivery impossible.
The only delivery of assistance to eastern Ghouta so far this year was on February 14, when a convoy with assistance for 7,200 people reached Nashabiyah, a town in the suburbs.
Monday’s announcement came a day after troops recaptured Nashabiyah and a number of villages and farms in eastern Ghouta in the largest advances since the government’s wide-scale operation began last month.
Advances by forces in eastern Ghouta, a war monitor said on Sunday to the last major rebel stronghold near the capital.
300 to 400 had fled, adding that bombardment was focused on the town of Mesraba.
the US State Department has called the Russian plan a “joke”, aid has been delivered after forcing five-hour Russian pause however Russian military said militants in eastern Ghouta had imposed a curfew in areas under their control to prevent them from leaving through a humanitarian corridor during the truce, Interfax news agency reported. Rebel officials have consistently denied stopping them from leaving.
Following a deadly wave of air strikes and shelling, fighting on the ground has intensified in recent days, and the regime now “controls 10 percent of the besieged Eastern Ghouta region,”
Military said on Sunday four soldiers and 10 militants were killed in a military operation against Daesh militants.
Deaths raise military casualties to at least 16 dead, along with more than 100 militants, since the start of the operation on Feb. 9, according to previous army tolls.
The Syrian government, meanwhile, said it achieved “significant” progress in its ongoing military operation in rebel-held suburbs east of Damascus, seizing around 36 percent of the total area held by different armed groups.
Syria’s Central Military Media said troops continued their advance from the east and were only 3 kilometers (1.8 miles) from meeting up with troops advancing from the west, which would cut eastern Ghouta into two parts.
Turkish air strikes killed at least 36 pro-regime fighters battling in the enclave of Afrin on Saturday, the Observatory said.
Turkish air strikes killed at least 36 pro-regime fighters battling alongside the Kurds in the enclave of Afrin on Saturday, the Observatory said.
Turkish-led forces control more than 20 percent of the enclave after seizing the area of Rajo in the northwest of Afrin on Saturday.
Yildirim said Turkish soldiers cleared Rajo in Afrin district of “terrorists” and have pushed them back from the border with Turkey.
The premier, speaking at a rally in the central province of Konya, said the Kurdish Afrin district has been “surrounded” by the military, special police and paramilitary forces, as well as allied Syrian opposition fighters.
“Afrin has been surrounded. We have cleared all areas near our borders of terror nests,” he said. He said Turkey would not cease its campaign against “terror.”
Rajo would be the largest center in Afrin to be captured since the Turkish offensive began on Jan.20. Turkish borders run along Afrin’s western and northern borders. To the east lies a Syrian territory controlled by Turkey-backed Syrian opposition fighters. In the south, Syrian government forces control territory.
Turkish troops and allied Syrian fighters have been attacking Afrin from the north, west and east, and have formed a crescent around the district.
Turkey said 41 of its soldiers have been killed since the operation began.
The Turkish deputy prime minister and government spokesman said Monday almost half of the area that Operation Olive Branch aims to secure in Syria’s Afrin was now under the Turkish military's control.
Speaking after a Cabinet meeting in Ankara, Bekir Bozdag said: "In Operation Olive Branch, so far 112 villages, 30 critical positions, and a total of 142 spots have been taken under control."
The government spokesman said 702 of 1,920 square kilometers (271 of 741 square miles) had so far been taken under control in Syria's Afrin region.
He also said 2,795 terrorists have been "neutralized" since the start of the operation.
Turkish authorities often use the word "neutralized" in their statements to imply the terrorists in question either surrendered or were killed or captured.
On Jan. 20, Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch to clear Daesh terrorists from Afrin, northwestern Syria.
In southern Turkey's Kilis province near Syria, told Anadolu Agency 750 in Bent Direk, Celengi and Akbez villages in Afrin's rural area had been provided with water, ayran, food and dessert.
At least 2,777 Daesh terrorists have been "neutralized" since the beginning of Operation Olive Branch in Syria, according to the military on Monday.
At least 38 were killed on Monday by Assad regime forces in Syria’s Eastern Ghouta district, according to local civil-defense sources.
According to the White Helmets, a local civil-defense agency, 11 civilians were killed Monday by regime airstrikes and missile attacks in the district’s Jisreen neighborhood.
At least 27 more civilians were killed the same day by regime air and ground attacks in the Duma and Harasta neighborhoods and in the towns of Hammuriyah, Harasta, Saqba, Semelka, Kafr Batna, Beit Sawa, Misraba and Al-Ashari.
On Saturday, regime forces and allied militias advanced into several opposition-held areas, capturing the town of al-Nashabiya and the villages of Otaya and Hazrama.
First aid convoy reaches Syria’s Ghouta, stripped of medical supplies
BEIRUT / GENEVA - Reuters
An aid convoy began to cross into Syria’s eastern Ghouta March 5, bringing the first relief to the besieged enclave since one of the deadliest government assaults of the seven-year war began two weeks ago, but stripped of vital medical supplies.
A senior U.N. official accompanying the convoy said he was “not happy” to hear loud shelling near the crossing point into eastern Ghouta despite an agreement that the aid would be delivered under peaceful conditions.
“We need to be assured that we will be able to deliver the humanitarian assistance under good conditions,” Ali al-Za’tari told Reuters at the crossing point.
A World Health Organization (WHO) official said government authorities had removed most medical material from U.N. vehicles, preventing surgical kits, insulin, dialysis equipment and other supplies from reaching the enclave of 400,000 people.
Za’tari said the convoy had been scaled back from providing food for 70,000 people to providing for 27,500. The United Nations says Syria has agreed to let it bring the rest of the food for the full 70,000 in a second convoy in three days.
“The convoy is not sufficient,” Za’tari said.
President Bashar al-Assad vowed on March 4 to continue a military push into the biggest remaining opposition stronghold near Damascus, saying the offensive did not contradict five-hour ceasefires arranged each day by his main ally Russia.
Food and medical supplies are just as important as guns and bullets. Food and medical supplies are referred to as the home front. Without the home front, soldiers cannot fight.
Big Break: Syrian Army Advances Further in Ghouta Following String of Successes
© Sputnik/ Mikhail Alayeddin
18:50 05.03.2018(updated 21:53 05.03.2018)Get short URL
Though the situation in Eastern Ghouta has been deteriorating day after day, ever since February 18, the Syrian regular army appears to be seeing at least some light at the end of the tunnel.
The Syrian government says it has achieved "significant" progress in its ongoing military operation in Eastern Ghouta, a vast suburban area around the capital, Damascus. The authorities reported having seized about one third of the total area held by different armed militant groups scattered all around Ghouta.
READ MORE: 'Strategic Security': Why Iraq Needs Russia's S-400 Missile Systems
Syria's Central Military Media says troops are continuing to advance from the east and are only within 3 kilometers, or 1.8 miles, from the military regiments moving in their direction from the west, which means Eastern Ghouta has been in essence divided into two parts. Syria’s SANA news agency reported that the success of the Syrian army has sent terrorists into a state of disarray and collapse.
© REUTERS/ BASSAM KHABIEH
Syria, Iran to Boost Bilateral Media Cooperation - Reports
Monday's announcement comes a day after the troops regained control over the town of Nashabiyah and a number of villages and farms in Eastern Ghouta – Otaya, Hosh al-Salihiye, Hosh Kharabo, Haarma, Beit Nayem and others. The move is considered to be the biggest advance of the army since the government launched the large-scale operation codenamed Damascus Steel in mid-February to liberate the area from terrorists formerly known as the al-Nusra Front movement.
Last week, the United Nations Security Council unanimously approved a resolution stipulating a 30-day ceasefire in Syria to form a "humanitarian corridor" and thus ease aid access to civilians. Yet, the UN resolution excluded Daesh, Al-Nusra and other Al-Qaeda groups from the ceasefire, thus putting Eastern Ghouta under even worse shelling.
READ MORE: UK, US De Facto Confirmed Support of Syria Terrorists — Russian Diplomat
The Damascus suburbs have been bombarded day in and day out for months, with over 600 civilians having been killed in the last two weeks alone. Roughly 2,000 people have sustained injuries, Panos Moumtzis, Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Syria Crisis, said in a statement Sunday.
© AFP 2018/ STRINGER
Russian Military: Terrorists Breach Ceasefire Regime in Syria
According to the UN, a whopping 385,000 people have been displaced since December. Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu earlier noted that a daily curfew had been introduced in Eastern Ghouta, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. local time (7:00 to 12:00 GMT) to make it possible for civilians to safely escape the war-torn zone.
The Russian military has stressed that the militants in the region were purposefully striving to escalate the standoff in Eastern Ghouta and staging a spate of provocations against the Syrian authorities to block civilians from leaving the area.
Looks like Syria civil war is near end, good news for everybody expect Turks
In this file photo dated Sunday, 9 March 2014, a Vietnamese air force aircraft AN-26 is seen at a base in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Russia's Defense Ministry says an AN-26 Russian military cargo plane of the same type has crashed in Syria, killing 32 people onboard. | Photo Credit: AP
A Russian military cargo plane crashed as it was descending to land at an air base in Syria on Tuesday, killing all 32 people onboard, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
The Russian military said an An-26, with 26 passengers and six crew members onboard, crashed just 500 meters (1,600 feet) from the runway. The military blamed the crash on a technical error.
Russia, a key ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad, leases the Hemeimeem military base in Syria, near the Mediterranean coast.
The base is far from the front lines of the conflict, but came under shelling in December. The Russian military insisted the cargo plane did not come under fire, while saying it would conduct a full investigation.
The military did not immediately identify the victims.
President Vladimir Putin offered his condolences to the families of those killed in the crash, his spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, was quoted as saying by Russian news wires. Peskov said Putin had received a briefing by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.
It was the second Russian military plane to crash in Syria this year, after a Su-25 ground attack jet was struck by a portable air defense missile over the northern Idlib province last month.
The Antonov An-26 is a twin-engine transport plane designed in the late 1960s in the Soviet Union. Large numbers have remained in service in Russia and many other countries around the world.
An An-26 belonging to a military flight school crash-landed and caught fire southeast of Moscow in May, killing one crewmember.
The RIA Novosti news agency on Tuesday quoted Col. Gen. Nikolai Antoshkin, former deputy commander of the Russian Air Force, as calling the An-26 a “reliable machine” even though it has been out of production since 1986.
A Russian military transport plane An-26 is seen of the unpaved runway of the Shagol airfield in Chelyabinsk region, Russia August 22, 2016. The plane of the same type crashed at Russia's Hmeymim air base in Latakia Province in Syria on March 6, 2018. Picture taken August 22, 2016. Interpress/Vladislav Belogrud via REUTERS
The latest accident comes after a Sukhoi military jet crashed while trying to take off from Hmeimim in October last year, killing two crew.
Russia's most recent officially acknowledged military loss in battle in Syria was last month when a pilot was killed after his plane was downed over Idlib province.
Russia's official military losses in the war before the crash were 45.
Moscow last month also said that five , officially affiliated with the Russian military, were likely killed in the strikes in eastern Syria - the first admission of non-military combat casualties.