Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Indian Defence Forum' started by core, Jun 19, 2012.
several data are wrong. i corrected some of them. dunno abut the rest.
Air&Cosmos 2412, june 27:
3 pages on Garuda V; excerpts:
- The French detachment included 94 military, among them 14 Rafale crews and only 27 technicians.
- the Commander of the Lorraine squadron [UAE] and IAF group captain Rajat prepared this exercice since December 2013
- In terms of weaponry, the IAF wanted to protect the confidentiality of its air-air missiles. Both parties therefore agreed to use the same air-air, fire and forget, fictional missile. Its range was roughly comparable to Mica. "so, only pilot experience and team tactic make the difference."
- However, both Armée de l'Air and IAF played their conventional air-ground weaponry : bombs equipped with AASM kit for the French side, smooth mk 82 and laser guided munitions for the IAF.
- According to Air Commodore Saju "missions, red against blue, have opposed mixed teams, the goal was to train French and Indian pilots to work together"
- Difference of culture: in the IAF, the air traffic controller is the key player, he conducts the missions and gives the orders of commitments. Conversely, this task is delegated to the pilot who is head of mission in the Adla. "in NATO we work with L16 . therefore the head of mission receives the same information than the controllers while benefiting in addition from a faster information from the sensors of its own aircraft"
- Air Commodore Saju was satisfied "we have improved our methods to conduct operations in distant theaters , it is the advantage of working with pilots and technicians who served in Afghanistan, Mali or Libya "
- A dozen Indian pilots have flown on Rafale B. But the French pilots who have flown on SU-30 had little freedom because of their unfamiliarity with the aircraft.
- According to French pilots: the SU-30 has a previous generation cockpit ergonomics while the Rafale has a Hotas interface. SU-30 has good maneuverability with a good thrust-to-weight ratio and thrust vectoring; "Nevertheless, Rafale , in a larger range of speed, is more maneuverable than SU-30" says Lieutenant-Colonel Lyautey. "However, it would take more time to estimate the performance of the aircraft, i made only 2 close combat against the SU-30. "
- " the Goal of the IAF was not to evaluate the Rafale, this work has already been done," said a pilot. However, the Indians have watched with interest how the Rafale is used. Many observations that could help to define the future employment of the Rafale in the IAF.
THANK U FOR THE INFO MATE