I remember hearing a subedar of Punjab regt ordering his jawan after some historical Punjabi abuses that"Sophie saaght nal akh pakki la ke rakhni ayy." Followed by some more gallianJust to give an example, our normal infantry units were issued these.... Along with other pieces of sophisticated equipment... 9 years ago....
View attachment 724665
FLIR – RECON® B2-FO
Fully integrated multi-sensor dual channel day/night thermal bi-ocular with geo-location.
- High resolution, large format 640×480 mid-wave InSb sensor (320 x 240 option) delivers unmatched range performance and image quality with built-in STACE™ technology that digitally sharpens, tunes and enhances contrast for exceptional image detail
- Forward Observer (FO) version includes Color CCD video day channel.
- Split screen display
- Fast 2 field-of-view system with 10 and 2.5 degree fields of view and digital zoom
- Internal Global Positioning System (GPS), Digital Magnetic Compass (DMC) and Laser Rangefinder (LRF)
- User Selectable E-STAB improves operational effectiveness
- Flexible remote control, power, and video options
- Lightweight and rugged,MIL-STD-810-F qualified
When thinking about equipment, I remember the Salala incident. Considering the Indians operate the Apaches as well, and that this kind of targeting is getting more common, I hope the PA has helmet mounted detection systems to know they are being lased. Especially one that knows the frequencies used by the common threats the PA could face, like the Indian Apaches. It’s an ITAR product (but ironically sold to the public in the US as long as they promise to not export it), but no reason something similar can’t be developed in Pakistan. It and systems like it seems to be ever present on western SF helmets, along with the IR patches which SF guys says doesn’t work that well, but that should be confirmed with local testing.I'm not talking about THOSE things... I'm talking about something more sophisticated... Like ballistic computing....
Perhaps the army should look at the scopes being developed by L3 and see if it can source or co-develop a similar system. As part of the future US 6.8mm rifle with suppressor.I'm not talking about THOSE things... I'm talking about something more sophisticated... Like ballistic computing....