• Monday, January 20, 2020

Six oil refineries with around 1.1 mln bpd capacity, being worked out

Discussion in 'Pakistan Economy' started by AZ1, Sep 24, 2019.

1. AZ1

AZ1 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 4,082 / -0
    Pakistan
    ISLAMABAD, Sep 24 (APP):Cognizant of the ever-growing energy requirements of the country, the government
    is working on a multi-faceted strategy to accelerate oil and gas exploration activities in potential areas, besides achieving self-sufficiency in crude oil refining sector.

“Currently, as many as six projects, investment initiatives and proposals in oil refining sector are in pipeline and at different stages to purify around 1.110 million Barrel per Day (BPD),” a senior official privy to the petroleum sector development told APP on Tuesday.

https://www.app.com.pk/six-oil-refineries-with-around-1-1-mln-bpd-capacity-being-worked-out/

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 22,730 / -7
    Pakistan
    Time has finally come to start home production as it seems.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  3. denel

denel PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +7 / 6,488 / -11
    South Africa
    I dont understand, you have coal? right. Then why dont use SASOL's process for Coal to Liquid. We have been doing this for now 5 decades. South Africa - fuel is primarily completely synthetic from the 70's.

https://www.sasol.com/innovation/innovation-sasol

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. AZ1

AZ1 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 4,082 / -0
    Pakistan
    Coal we have i think dont have that.much quality this is the only reason i can think of

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ARMalik

ARMalik SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 3,338 / -0
    Australia
    Sorry mate, the ruling class and the system they have created is so corrupt and incompetent that nothing happens. There are plenty of other natural resources specially energy resources in Pakistan, but there is massive loot and plunder everywhere - Military, top Civilians, Bureaucracy - everyone is involved.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Samlee

Samlee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7 / 6,042 / -0
    Pakistan

I Have Been Advocating This For A Long Time Now.I Remember That Back in 2010 Scientists At Texas Had Developed A Process To Convert Lignite Coal(The Same Kind As Ours In Thar Desert) Into Crude Oil The Same Kind That Comes From The Middle East.1 Ton Would Be Equal To 2 Barrel of Crude Oil

Now Just Imagine 175 Billion Tons of Thar Coal Means 350 Billion Barrels of Crude Oil.However The Biggest Snage Is That Pakistan Has Severe Water Issues and These Technologies Require Massive Amounts of Water

I'll Try To Find The Link

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. denel

denel PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +7 / 6,488 / -11
    South Africa
    It was with help from Sasol; in fact they even used synthetic fuel to mil cargo about 10 years ago in US to prove it out. Funny part; all commercial flights including foreign were using avaition fuel that was synthetic for decades :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2