• Saturday, November 23, 2019

She was on her deathbed, but then came the Indian Army

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Forum' started by Juggernautjatt, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Juggernautjatt

Juggernautjatt FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,993 / -4
    India
    She was on her deathbed, but then came the Indian Army
    Amir Karim Tantray and Ravi Krishnan Khajuria
    Tribune News Service

Srinagar, September 11
    Rabia’s liver was on the verge of collapse till yesterday. Famished, running high fever, urine infection and jaundice, she has been given a new lease of life by the Indian Army.

Airlifted from flood-ravaged Awantipura to 92 Base Hospital in Badami Bagh Cantonment in Srinagar, the 16-year-old girl from Tral area in Pulwama district is showing signs of improvement now.

“Before being admitted to GB Pant paediatric hospital, Rabia was being treated at Tral’s sub-district hospital. But her condition was deteriorating every passing minute. Then the Army came to my daughter’s rescue. I am falling short of words in the praise of soldiers,” said Rabia’s father Abdul Rashid.

He said: “I had lost all hope. I thought I will not be able to see my daughter alive again. But now she is recuperating and I am confident that she will soon rejoin us at Tral.”

“All I remember is that I had high fever, urine infection and was admitted to a hospital at Tral. I have no clue about what happened thereafter. After regaining consciousness, I found myself in the Army hospital,” Rabia told the Tribune.

Doctors said she was critical when brought to the hospital but was now stable.

Besides Rabia, the Army has rescued at least 40 children from GB Pant paediatric hospital. Soldiers even came across kids, as young as four days old, who had already died and evacuated their mortal remains. Soldiers have successfully shifted all patients and attendants of the hospital to safer places.
    ind2.jpg

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50 / 55,209 / -3
    India
    Tragic tragic stories. Words are not enough to commend those who would put their lives at risk to go save others, soldiers really are men apart.

3. Tshering22

Tshering22 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19 / 21,068 / -15
    India
    Friends, These are the real superheroes.

We see superheroes in the movies and cheer them. But these are the real life superheroes.

Salute to our selfless military. Proud to be from military family!

4. nair

nair ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 17,102 / -0
    India
    Good read, Happy that IA could save the lives of many..... They have gained immense respect among locals.... Hope they carry this goodwill forward......

But as said in this article, not everyone was lucky...... there were babies who died before they could see the world....:(

5. ejaz007

ejaz007 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,483 / -0
    Pakistan
    A good deed should be praised no matter who did it.

6. Roybot

Roybot BANNED

Ratings:
    +16 / 44,645 / -17
    India
    [​IMG]

7. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50 / 55,209 / -3
    India
    Truly truly heartbreaking, I pray their families have strength in these difficult times.