• Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Shahid Masood arrested by FIA in PTV corruption case

Discussion in 'Political Videos' started by ghazi52, Nov 23, 2018.

1. ghazi52

ghazi52 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32 / 48,320 / -0
    Pakistan
    Shahid Masood arrested by FIA in PTV corruption case

Published: November 23, 2018

[​IMG]

Dr Shahid Masood.PHOTO: Shahid Masood/Twitter

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Friday arrested Dr Shahid Masood from the premises of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) after his pre-arrest bail petition was dismissed.

Masood is accused of being involved in the embezzlement of Rs 37 million during his tenure as managing director of Pakistan Television (PTV).

During the hearing, PTV’s counsel Muhammad Nazeer Jawad apprised the court that Masood had signed a broadcasting rights agreement in exchange for cricket matches with fake a company.

At the time of the agreement, the counsel added, Masood paid the company a sum of over Rs 30 million. The entity was registered in Lahore and provided catering services.

Jawad further informed the court regarding co-accused Kashif Rabbani’s involvement in the case. “No one besides Masood and Rabbani knew about the fake company,” the counsel maintained.

Furthermore, co-accused Rabbani reportedly returned a sum of Rs 10.2 million against the dismissal of bail. Accused Roshan Mustafa Gilani also reportedly returned Rs8 million after his bail was rejected.

Both the accused remarked that Masood should pay the remaining amount.

On the other hand, Masood’s counsel Advocate Shah Khawar said that his client’s name was not included in the first information report.

He added that he had signed the documents prepared by the legal advisor while the inquiry committee declared Masood responsible for an agreement with the fake company when he was not included in the inquiry and had resigned.

2. BATMAN

BATMAN BANNED

Ratings:
    +15 / 16,882 / -23
    Pakistan
    Good job

3. Riz

Riz SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,944 / -0
    Pakistan
    Welcome.. Shahid masood, i want to these all corrupt, blackmalers, one sided, lifafa journalists in jail

4. Samlee

Samlee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 5,656 / -0
    Pakistan
    Meanwhile Zardari Roams Free Classic Travesty Of Justice

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  5. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 57,307 / -9
    Pakistan
    Not just Zardari,
    Rana Sanaullah, Nawaz Shareef, Shahbaz Shareef, Malik Riaz, Ishaq Dar, Maryam Nawaz, Cap. Safdar....all are free.. Thanks to none other than this Kala Angraiz.

I'm seriously concerned about the damn DAM fund.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  6. Umair Nawaz

Umair Nawaz ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 11,044 / -29
    Pakistan
    Hahaha Imran Khan demise has started! I told u that this Asia Bibi case will bite the state in the bud!
    Now the same Saqib Nisar who released her is now called Kala Angrez!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Maxpane

Maxpane SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,487 / -0
    Pakistan
    Logun ko qayamt ki nishaniyan batane wale ki halat to dekh lo

8. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 57,307 / -9
    Pakistan
    He has wasted time of the nation... See the Panama case started before he became the CJP but after more than two years...what's the conclusion? NS, MS, all are free....Zardari, Malik Riaz...everyone is free so this CRAPPY JUDICIARY IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM.

9. Umair Nawaz

Umair Nawaz ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 11,044 / -29
    Pakistan
    Allah boht barra ha beta Allah boht barra ha, jis mulk main ghareeb molvi arrest ho jae or ban ho jaye agar jo proven Ghustakh e Rasool Bhensa, Mochi or Roshni pages k moderators hon, wo khulla dunya main ghoom rahy ho yaha tak k Holland main jaisy choty sy mulk main hon jo Geert Wilders ka badla humse leny k lea Asia Bibi k wakeel ko zabardasti UN k sath kidnap kr k apny mulk bhaga ly jae, or hamara kanoon kuch bhi na kr saky to lanat ha aisy kanoon py or inkay insaaf py.....k jaha ameero py koi kanoon nahi ho sakta or gheebo py sara kanoon hota ha.

Sahe kahta tha Abdul Kalam Azad uss congressy mullay ny, k Pakistan aik din ameero ki jannat bann jae ga!

This Shahid Masood case, Bhensa, Mochi and Roshni pages case, corruption cases as well as the Asia Bibi and her lawyer cases are a testimony for that!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 57,307 / -9
    Pakistan
    In my analysis, judiciary is the biggest problem in Pakistan. It has failed to provide justice to the people. The poor man has no chance once he gets into this court and police cycle. I'm also worried now that this guy current CJP may be another of Ch. Iftikhar and runaway with the dam fund.. we have been looted before multiple times. He has accumulated huge amount of funds in the name of the dam and right now, he is visiting UK to collect more funds.. I have no idea. And worse, I was the biggest proponent of this dam fund and convinced many good friends and family members to support and in fact they have done better than my expectation...me and my wife have already deposited good amounts every month since it started and continued paying until he mishandled the case and put the whole country in jeopardy. I have no trust any more and in fact I want my money back and I would keep on helping the deserving people in the good old fashion

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. rAli

rAli FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 59 / -0
    Shahid Masood himself got dabardoos!!

12. Umair Nawaz

Umair Nawaz ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 11,044 / -29
    Pakistan
    go to courts in sweden...that would expose this man bad!

13. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 57,307 / -9
    Pakistan
    No, that will be bad for the country so I won't do that and also it won't make any sense since I paid out of my free will. Let's pray my fears do not turn out to be true.

14. ghazi52

ghazi52 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32 / 48,320 / -0
    Pakistan
    • FIA granted 5-day physical remand of Dr Shahid Masood in corruption case[/paste:font]

[​IMG]
      The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) was granted five-day physical remand of Dr Shahid Masood. — File

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) was granted five-day physical remand of Dr Shahid Masood in a PTV corruption case by a lower court in Islamabad on Saturday.

Masood, who is accused of being involved in the embezzlement of millions from state-run broadcaster Pakistan Television, was arrested by the FIA on Friday from the court premises after Islamabad High Court (IHC) judge Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani dismissed his pre-arrest bail.

Last month, Masood had dodged the FIA as he escaped well before the special judge dismissed his pre-arrest bail plea.

During today's hearing, Masood's lawyer Shah Khawar opposed a long remand of his client.

"24-hour remand is enough, more than that should not be given," he said.

Civil judge Amir Aziz asked the FIA if the agency had conducted an inquiry, to which an FIA official responded: "The accused did not surrender himself, a lot remains [to be investigated] right now".

The senior civil judge asked if this was the first time remand for Masood had been requested; the FIA official replied in the affirmative.

The judge rejected the FIA's request for 10-day remand; however, he granted the agency five-day remand of Masood and directed them to conduct his medical check-up.

According to the FIA, Dr Masood — during his tenure as managing director and chairman of PTVwas involved in the embezzlement of Rs 37 million in acquiring Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) media rights in 2008. Allegedly, the agreement was carried out with a fake company — M/s International Sports Solution (ISS). The investigators claim that funds were also released, causing the loss of millions of dollars to PTV as the state-run television channel failed to acquire PCB media rights from 2008 to 2013.

15. paindobaba

paindobaba FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 724 / -1
    Pakistan
    He will be back soon,, inshaAllah,