• Monday, December 16, 2019

Security of Pakistani Nuclear Assets - Interview of Director, SPD Pakistani NCA

Discussion in 'Pakistan Strategic Forces' started by EagleEyes, May 24, 2007.

1. Argus Panoptes

Argus Panoptes BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,462 / -0
  2. zilahumafazal

zilahumafazal FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0
    During times of relative political and social normalcy, the security of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is probably adequate and could be expected to improve consistent with other nuclear programs worldwide. However, fallout from Pakistan's decision to cooperate with the United States following the September 11th terrorist attacks may severely test Pakistan's security system throughout its nuclear weapons complex. Instability in Pakistan could make its nuclear weapons and stocks of nuclear explosive material dangerously vulnerable to theft. If domestic instability leads to the downfall of the current Pakistani government, nuclear weapons and the means to make them could fall into the hands of a government hostile to the United States and its allies.

3. Jf Thunder

Jf Thunder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 8,020 / -10
    Pakistan
    Alhamdulillah, our Nuclear assets are protected up till now and i believe Allah will continue to protect our "Islamic Bomb" the America just doesn't want anyone besides itself to have bombs, specially Muslims, they have tried everything to get their hands on it, sanctions, threats, bribes etc, no matter how much our government is useless but we are very possessive of our Nuclear arsenal and InShahAllah , Allah will continue to protect it, so no worries

4. MastanKhan

MastanKhan PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +161 / 45,765 / -4
    Pakistan

Kids kids kids,

It is with the blessings of the U S that the paks have the nucs. Don't believe in the lies that your parents have been telling you.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Jf Thunder

Jf Thunder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 8,020 / -10
    Pakistan
    LOL, most funniest joke i have heard for the whole century not that i am that old lol, seeing how baseless your claim is i am going to pretend i didn't see it because i have no argument against people who give such baseless arguments.
    IT IS NOT WITH THE BLESSINGS OF THE AMERICANS
    IT IS BY THE BLESSINGS OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH THAT WE HAVE NUKES AND THAT THEY ARE STILL PROTECTED ALHADULILLAH

6. chauvunist

chauvunist SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,141 / -5
    Pakistan

You are a confused old man who is uncertain about actual nationality,By birth Pakistani but heart beating for U.S....So please spare us from your usual pessimistic pro-U.S blah blah...

7. Alphacharlie

Alphacharlie BANNED

Ratings:
    +3 / 2,456 / -9
    India
    I always admire your Views Sir. You Speak Reality without any Pinch of Nationalistic Jingoism.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Alpha1

Alpha1 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29 / 16,584 / -2
    Pakistan
    I am curious how strategic nuclear froces defend their nuclear command and control and communications (NC3) from Cyber Terrorism
    Read this In an old article.. little Out dated
    ...................................................................................................................................................................................
    Pakistan has approximately 30 to 50 nuclear weapons, with its prime intent at
    deterring aggression from India. These can be delivered by F-16s and short and long
    range ballistic missiles. Pakistan has rejected the doctrine of no-first-use. This would
    suggest Pakistan may at times store nuclear weapons mated with missiles and ready
    for launch. The US has provided assistance and aid to improve safeguarding of
    Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal. This included helicopters, night vision goggles, and
    nuclear detection equipment, as well as electronic sensors, closed circuit TV cameras,
    fencing, and electronic sensors at nuclear facilities. Since 2004, Pakistan has
    employed the US PAL system for securing its nuclear arsenal. (Berry 2008)
    Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal is overseen by the National Command Authority (NCA)
    headed by the President and with the Prime Minister as its vice chairman. Key cabinet
    ministers and the heads of the army, navy and air force are also members of the NCA,
    which controls all aspects of the country's nuclear program, including deployment
    and, if ever necessary, the use of the weapons. However, the military manages and
    controls the nuclear weapons on behalf of the NCA. While all decision-making on
    nuclear issues rests with the NCA, an affiliated body, the Strategic Plans Division,
    manages and controls the nuclear weapons on behalf of the NCA. Transfers of power,
    multiple acts of terrorism, coups, increased Islamic fundamentalist unrest,
    assassination attempts on Prime Ministers and the assassination of Benazir Bhutto
    raise concerns over the security of nuclear weapons in such a volatile environment.
    Pakistan’s nuclear command and control may also be lacking in advanced early
    warning/threat assessment, secure communications channels, and rigorous screening
    of nuclear personnel (Jones 2000). Despite the uneasy relationship between Pakistan
    and India, there are a number of communication channels that have been established,
    including hotlines between army commanders and prime ministers, and agreements to
    provide prior notification of troop movements and ballistic missile tests

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

9. MastanKhan

MastanKhan PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +161 / 45,765 / -4
    Pakistan
    Hi,

If you take a moment a look out of the shell that you have been living in---you will find out that there is no ALLAH in pakistan---. God almighty has left this nation many a years ago.

ALLAH does not BLESS with WEAPONS OF MASS DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY---.

KID---THEY ARE THE BLESSINGS OF THE 'SATAN' if you get my drift----hehn----.:devil:

I know of first few of the pakistani nuc scientists involved in the nuc program. My uncle was a one time Principal at reactor school Nylore in the late 70,s--. All pak scientists were educated in europe or U S.

In the 80's even when u S put sanctions on the iranian students that they won't be taught in nuc physics---schools were open to paks.

Your reaction is okay---when brain washed beliefs are shattered----that is how people respond.

Hi,

I am a pakistani at heart and in soul---. Just because you cannot comprehend and understand---that is not my problem.

I can only share---I am not here to convince anyone ( atypical pakistani mentality of a lots of pak brethren----"convince us" ).

In my older age---I have many a screw ups---such is life---but not in this case.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. Jf Thunder

Jf Thunder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 8,020 / -10
    Pakistan
    ok, i see that it is useless arguing, as i h ave seen how you react to the name of Allah, bye bye

11. fatman17

fatman17 PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +52 / 29,934 / -0
    Pakistan
    Pakistan

The National Command Authority (NCA) supervises the functions and administration of all of
    Pakistan’s organizations involved in nuclear weapons research, development, and employment, as
    well as the military services that operate the strategic forces.27

The Prime Minister is Chairperson of the NCA.28 Other members of the NCA include senior military and civilian officials.29

The NCA, as Pakistan’s main decision-making body for nuclear weapons issues, is made up of two
    committees. One, the Development Control Committee (DCC), includes several military officials;
    its Deputy Chairperson is also the Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The DCC “exercises
    technical, financial and administrative control over all strategic organisations, including national
    laboratories and research and development organisations associated with the development and
    modernisation of nuclear weapons.”30

The second is the Employment Control Committee.

AStrategic Plans Division (SPD) acts as the secretariat for the NCA.31

The SPD is tasked with the daily management of Pakistan’s strategic assets and has oversight over the “Strategic Organizations,” which include Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission and Dr. A.Q. Khan Research Laboratories; it oversees “the systematic progress of weapon systems.”32

(Written by Paul Kerr,Analyst in Nonproliferation.)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  12. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +84 / 49,597 / -13
    Pakistan
    I have only one question why the hell he was even allowed to give interview ???????????

13. Umair Nawaz

Umair Nawaz ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 11,052 / -29
    Pakistan
    something yr kind lacks.

14. Alphacharlie

Alphacharlie BANNED

Ratings:
    +3 / 2,456 / -9
    India
    Remember - To Agree or Disagree is My Fundamental Right.
    Which your Kind Doesnt have.

15. Umair Nawaz

Umair Nawaz ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 11,052 / -29
    Pakistan
    accepting facts like Mastan Khan is something yr kind lacks.