What's new

Scarce rain leaves country parched

SD 10

Sep 27, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Something has become very wrong with the meteorology of BD. Now, no rain. But, I have spent a few months in Summar a few years ago and noticed it was raining incessantly for more than 30 days.

Maybe all due to weather changes that have taken place because of the emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by the big developing countries, such as China and India.

China has 1,082 coal-fired power plants and is responsible for more than 50% of carbon emissions. India has 281 similar power plants. Together, these two countries emit 63% of pollution and our poor country and the entire world suffer.
welli hope God make it rain there! best of luck to you guys!

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Something has become very wrong with the meteorology of BD. Now, no rain. But, I have spent a few months in Summar a few years ago and noticed it was raining incessantly for more than 30 days.

Maybe all due to weather changes that have taken place because of the emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by the big developing countries, such as China and India.

China has 1,082 coal-fired power plants and is responsible for more than 50% of carbon emissions. India has 281 similar power plants. Together, these two countries emit 63% of pollution and our poor country and the entire world suffer.
China however has already mobilized vehicular emissions reduction by going all electric for their passenger transport fleet. They will see a lot less emissions going forward compared to the US.

China is aiming to become “carbon neutral” before 2060.

For India though, same ol', same ol'.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Just to show the pattern of heaviest rains in Monsoon in the subcontinent, take a look. This is a common pattern which shows the clouds being blocked by the Himalayas and releasing their payload over entire North India, especially Nepal, Bhutan, Northern Bangladesh and seven sisters area. For different reasons - Southern Maharashtra, Western Karnataka and Northern Kerala also sees a lot of rain. These areas will never be consistently parched.

Southern Bangladesh may see cyclones, but they hardly see Monsoon pattern rain...

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2015
Country
Bangladesh
And it gets unbearably hot from start of March until about May.
Do not say unbearably hot to an Indian or Pakistani. They would assume temperature in Bangladesh cross 60 degree Celsius! because they themselves experience temperature 50 degree Celsius regularly. Bangladesh's highest ever temperature recorded was 42 degree Celsius. Their sense of 'unbearably hot' is at higher thresh hold than a Bangladeshi. You can say 'unbearably hot' to an European and it would be just fine.

Last edited:

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Do not say unbearably hot to an Indian or Pakistani. They would assume temperature in Bangladesh cross 60 degree Celsius! because they themselves experience temperature 50 degree Celsius regularly. Bangladesh's highest ever temperature recorded was 42 degree Celsius. Their sense of 'unbearably hot' is at higher thresh hold than a Bangladeshi. You can say 'unbearably hot' to an European and it would be just fine.
Your definition of hot may be different in conditions where humidity is high and where it is low. In the case of BD, the country is too humid, with more than 90% of humidity. This makes the hot temperature very unbearable at even 36 degrees.

I lived in Misurata of Libya for more than one year. The dry temperature at 50 degrees is still more bearable there than the humid heat of Bengal.

Last edited:

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Point well taken @Homo Sapiens bhai. :-)

I guess I have gotten too used to my location. Where I live in the US - it is 20-25 degrees centigrade year round, except a few months in the winter, which even then, AlhamduLillah, rarely dips below say 10 degrees C. You don't need air conditioning. Many older houses do not have it.
Your definition of hot may be different in conditions where humidity is high and where it is low. In the case of BD, the country is too humid, with more than 90% of humidity. This makes the hot temperature very unbearable at even 36 degrees.

I lived in Misurata of Libya for more than one year. The temperature at 50 degrees is still more bearable there than the humid heat of Bengal.
Well this is called "dry heat" as seen in Arizona and Nevada in the US.

However you have to wear sunscreen lotion.

Dry heat is very sneaky, it may cause sunburns in dry unprotected skin very quickly. UV damage.

Many white folks have gotten skin cancer from the dry heat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Military Forum Latest Posts

Top Bottom