What's new

Scandinavian Politician Facing 2 Years Imprisonment for Homophobia

Cherub786

BANNED
Jul 28, 2020
Country
Canada

This story is wild. Back in 2004, a Finnish politician, from the Christian Democrat party, who also had the portfolio of Interior Minister, namely, Päivi Räsänen, simply quoted a passage from the New Testament (Romans 1:24-27) which describes homosexuality as “shameful”. Now she is being prosecuted for hate crime and can face up to two years imprisonment if found guilty.
It’s times like these that I feel so grateful for living in North America, though I’d prefer to be an American citizen than a Canadian. Europe, and especially Scandinavia, is a totally different creature.
As some of you may know, one of the main arguments employed by anti-Muslim bigots by the European Far-Right is that Muslims are inherently ‘homophobic’ and therefore shouldn’t be welcome in Europe. Consequently, the LGBTQIA+ activists in Europe are some of the most hardened anti-Muslim bigots.

Cherub786

BANNED
Jul 28, 2020
Country
Canada
What makes America so much more superior to Europe is the Bill of Rights – a late 18th century document that guarantees fundamental civil liberties like the right to free speech, religion, press, and peaceful assembly, all guaranteed in the First Amendment.
Not a single European country has guaranteed these freedoms. Even my own country of Canada has less freedom than the US in this regard because of the Notwithstanding Clause in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which allows Parliament or a provincial legislature to override provisions of that Charter.
This is why Muslims will never have problems with the free exercise of their religion in the US. Unlike in Europe, they can rest assured that hijab and niqab will never be banned, male infant circumcision will never be banned, animal sacrifice will never be banned, Halal food will never be banned, minarets will never be banned, and preaching against homosexualism will never be banned (all of these are banned in various countries of Europe).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom