• Monday, November 18, 2019

Saudi Prince Mohammad Bin Salman acquiring Manchester United Football Club for worth more than £3Bn

Discussion in 'Sports' started by airbus101, Nov 11, 2019.

1. airbus101

airbus101 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 98 / -1

2. masterchief_mirza

masterchief_mirza FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,227 / -0
    Pakistan
    Bullcrap.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PakFactor

PakFactor FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 282 / -0
    Pakistan
    Waste of money - but with their brain capacity I didn't expect much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. masterchief_mirza

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,227 / -0
    Pakistan
    I mean....I don't think it's true. I very much hope not anyway. What sheikh mansour has done to man city is problematic enough.

But there is no way the glazers would be selling, so I just don't believe this for a second.

5. newb3e

newb3e BANNED

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,527 / -20
    Pakistan
    @Arsalan hope he buys and invest crazy money in transfer window and UTD is back to top in no time :P

6. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,193 / -2
    Pakistan
    :cheers:
    Not a Man United fan but if Saudia Owns it, then might have to switch fro Arsenal to Man United

7. maximuswarrior

maximuswarrior ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 23,198 / -6
    Netherlands
    Pocket money for these people. They say that celebrating the birth of the holy prophet PBUH is shirk and bidah. Wasting 3 billion on a football club is alhamdulillah a very nice gesture.

@waz What do you say bro?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. newb3e

newb3e BANNED

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,527 / -20
    Pakistan
    trust me bro if you have been a fan of utd ull welcome the investment!

9. maximuswarrior

maximuswarrior ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 23,198 / -6
    Netherlands
    I have always been an Arsenal fan. Not that Arsenal is any better at the moment.

As for the investment part, United dug their own hole. They have been investing like crazy and their signings are shit. LOL who did they buy during the previous seasons? There is no quality in there. Make no mistake, United has been spending like crazy. The few good signings that didn't perform left. Lukaku being one of them.

10. hunter_hunted

hunter_hunted SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,312 / -1
    Pakistan
    Means they will have to come to KSA which means they will have to apply for Visa , which means they will have to go to consulate which means ... chop chop chop

meat is back on the menu.gif

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Longhorn

Longhorn FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,057 / -0
    Pakistan
    Why is Sheikh Mansour's ownership of Man City problematic?

12. masterchief_mirza

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,227 / -0
    Pakistan
    How long do you wish me to rant on this topic? This pet project of some billionaire playboy, together with the billionaire agent phenomenon, has distorted football financial transactions beyond all recognition. I understand this is kind of the way things are going. But financial fair play rules are being breached in ever more imaginative ways. Man City is a leading culprit, Chelski too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Longhorn

Longhorn FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,057 / -0
    Pakistan
    Those rules were brought in to stop any new upstarts from challenging the buying power of the traditional cartel clubs. They had nothing to do with fair play. No one cared when the likes of Arsenal, United and Liverpool were paying what they wanted for the bests players, but they didn't like it when Mansour gate crashed their cosy little party. Football clubs have always had investors and benefactors, it's how football has been funded and financed in England since football began.
    City were picked on and they have fought back admirably to the point now where they are self financing and a force in the English game.
    There is more than a whiff of racism in the whole witch-hunt against Mansour and City.
    What we need is a few more billionaires to put their money into smaller clubs and make it a more competitive league, rather than have the same clubs winning it over and again like we had when United were hoovering up everything.
    Sheikh Mansour has been a breath of fresh air.

14. masterchief_mirza

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,227 / -0
    Pakistan
    I don't know about any racism but here's what happened.

The problem with man city is their dodgy accounting and shifting funds around to falsely provide them with the spending power of the clubs you mentioned. Man Utd, arsenal etc make money the traditional way, brand creation, sales, tv deals, sponsorship etc and ensure they have more than they spend by virtue of making real money, not creative accounting. Yes, it's a popularity contest and you're right that it had become monopolized by the traditional big clubs..but it's legal.

FFP is partly designed to stop all clubs spending beyond their means hence going into crisis. It also stops inflated loss documentation as a function of that because if you try to document higher losses than you really are experiencing, you shoot yourself in the foot in terms of funds available for transfers.

At the income end, false accounting can create income that doesn't exist, again to ostensibly keep within FFP rules for being able to afford expensive players.

In 2014 man city supposedly shifted 50 million GBP between one subsidiary that it actually owned and the club account, though it claimed the money was income from a sponsorship deal from a totally different company. This is fraud designed to keep within FFP rules. They were fined for this. Presently a further investigation is under way which may result in a champions league ban or other punishments.

Chelsea and man city have also had problems with regards to their contracting of junior players, the former club being banned this year from New transfers as a consequence.

Dodgy practices are dodgy practices, and rightly brought to account in my opinion.

Now separate to that - and this is nothing to do with legality or illegality but more a football "purist" complaint - why should any rich owner with little knowledge of football or even business just waltz in and inject swathes of cash into a random team to boost their status regardless of whether that club is a Business/marketing success or not, a brand success or not, or God forbid an established footballing success or not? I know it ain't illegal but my complaint is that of the purist. Anyway, man city do mitigate their criticisms by investing heavily in their community, grass roots and women's football, hence I am forced to be less bitter about them than I used to be!

"What we need is a few more billionaires to put their money into smaller clubs and make it a more competitive league, rather than have the same clubs winning it over and again like we had when United were hoovering up everything.
    Sheikh Mansour has been a breath of fresh air."

Agree with your sentiment....but I doubt in practice simply having more random billionaires funding random clubs like pin the tail on the donkey would achieve this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. BATMAN

BATMAN ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15 / 17,338 / -24
    Pakistan
    Why is it a waste of money?