What's new

Saudi Arabia in talks over multi-billion dollar investment in Bangladesh

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
I also have no intention to join any block . But for the sake of argument , if Bangladesh govt will be given a choice ( Let's suppose forcibly) , I am sure they they will choose Saudi Arabia .Simply because Saudi is rich and we have lots of worker there . So if even we forget about shia and sunni , still shall Bangladesh govt choose Iran over Saudi ? I think no , simply for the sake of our remittance! You see Bangladesh was in awkward position when remain neutral to Saudi and Qatar ?

fortunately both are sunni ( now Sunni shia is obvious ) ,and in Bangladesh Saudi and other sunni countries have much more acceptance in commoners level .

We can avoid this situation, when we will have industrialization and we can create more job opportunity , and also can be self dependent , only then we can remain neutral even in hostile situations .

we are too much dependent on remittance alongside garments , and that is our draw back !
There should be many diplomatic maneuvers to not join their block and keep the labour force there. A skilled FM and diplomats should be able to pull this off. I am totally allergic to having to do anything with the Arabs. Absolutely anything and that includes pulling our labourers from there and send somewhere else or employ them at home. They are retards and hypocrites of the highest order.

Last edited:

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
They are retards and hypocrites of the highest order.
yes with this part I have no disagreement specially after boycotting Qatar , my allergy also started for them, and I believe Many peoples of Bangladesh have similar stance on Saudi now .

Last edited:

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Man...if they are ready to invest in your country, why are you dragging them to ideology???It depends on your country of the usage of investment in right sectors..
Their investments are usually for their agendas and influence

only a baby and a mad man can be neutral, so the concept of caretaker got is irrelevant".
Well she being hypocrite ain’t she
And also about ummah? How many Muslim countries are strongly siding kashmir? Pakistan is already upset because of the ummah and they know that Muslim countries have. Business with India and no one want to lose their market. First everyone want their convenience and then think about others
Saudis connection to the rest of the Muslim world is by exploiting the “ummah” in that regard aligning with turkey is much better for us. Both economically and militarily

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Well she being hypocrite ain’t she
Yes exactly she is hypocrite, because she ordered arson terrorism in the name of restoration of democracy. She is so hypocrite that she said such thing about democracy, but later did the opposite.

But when she said that, it was actually the reality of this world, isn't it?

Tell me man who is actually totally neutral? No one. I would say that babies are not neutral too, neither mad Men. Because they have sides too. Babies have their parent side and mad Men have side for them who will do good for them.

In reality only God, and dead people are impartial. Why we need to be impartial? Only to screw ourselves?

Saudis connection to the rest of the Muslim world is by exploiting the “ummah” in that regard aligning with turkey is much better for us. Both economically and militarily
আসলে আমি মনে হয় বুঝাতে পারিনি। আমি বলতে চেয়েছি যে সৌদি আরব যতই ভান করুক, আসলে মুসলিম উম্মাহের উপর তাদের কোন দরদ, ভালবাসা, বা দায়িত্ববোধ কোনটাই নেই।
তাই তাদের চ্যাতালে তারা আমাদের ভাতে মারবে, মুসলিম বলে আমাদের ছেড়ে দেবে না। তাই তাদের চ্যাতানো একেবারেই উচিত না।

Yes indeed turkey is much better ally, but not nearly rich like Saudi Arabia! So we have no other alternative to Saudi Arabia until we find another labour market.

Last edited:

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
The economic fundamentals of BD require it to send millions of workers overseas. Turkey has no demand for workers but SA has. So, it is important that we do not cut the hands that feed (employ) us. The displeasure of SA will not be a boon to our progress.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Yes exactly she is hypocrite, because she ordered arson terrorism in the name of restoration of democracy. She is so hypocrite that she said such thing about democracy, but later did the opposite.

Tell me man who is actually total neutral? No one. I would say that babies are not neutral too, neither mad Men. Because they have sides too. Babies have their parent side and mad Men have site for them who will do good for them.

In reality only God, and dead people are impartial. Why we need to be impartial? Only to screw ourselves?

আসলে আমি মনে হয় বুঝাতে পারিনি। আমি বলতে চেয়েছি যে সৌদি আরব যতই ভান করুক, আসলে মুসলিম উম্মাহের উপর তাদের কোন দরদ, ভালবাসা, বা দায়িত্ববোধ কোনটাই নেই।
তাই তাদের চ্যাতালে তারা আমাদের ভাতে মারবে, মুসলিম বলে আমাদের ছেড়ে দেবে না। তাই তাদের চ্যাতানো একেবারেই উচিত না।

Yes indeed turkey is much better ally, but not nearly rich like Saudi Arabia! So we have no other alternative to Saudi Arabia until we find another labour market.
আমরা যখন কলেজে পড়তাম তখন বলতাম, "চোদায় মুড়ি খাউক"

সৌদিরা চেতলেই কী আর না চেতলেই কী?

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
আমরা যখন কলেজে পড়তাম তখন বলতাম, "চোদায় মুড়ি খাউক"

সৌদিরা চেতলেই কী আর না চেতলেই কী?
আসলে কলেজ জীবন কে খুব মিস করি। অনেক দুরন্ত আর সুন্দর ছিল জীবনের লাগাম ছাড়া সেই দিনগুলো।
বয়স বাড়ার সাথে সাথে আমার নিজস্ব যে উপলব্ধিটা হয়েছে সেটা হল, "কলেজ জীবন টা আসলে বাস্তবতা থেকে বেশ খানিকটা আলাদা"। অবশ্য এটা আমার একান্ত ব্যক্তিগত উপলব্ধি। এর সাথে আপনার বা অন্য কারো উপলব্ধি যে মিলে যেতেই হবে এমনটা আমার মনে হয়নি কখনো। ধন্যবাদ। :-)

Last edited:

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
The economic fundamentals of BD require it to send millions of workers overseas. Turkey has no demand for workers but SA has. So, it is important that we do not cut the hands that feed (employ) us. The displeasure of SA will not be a boon to our progress.
Nowadays more and more people are working within country because they realize selling off everything or getting in debt to go slave away abroad is not worth it anymore. The in humane conditions Bengali labors work in Middle East compared to other nationals show how incompetent our foreign policy is. Where a Bengali may earn 20 dinar, an Indian will earn 90 because there govt negotiate good deals for their citizens whereas Bangladesh sends away its manpower for next to nothing

Tell me man who is actually total neutral? No one. I would say that babies are not neutral too, neither mad Men. Because they have sides too. Babies have their parent side and mad Men have site for them who will do good for them.

The biggest labor market need is in Bangladesh itself. Bangladesh will have to adjust its labor wages and keep manpower in country if they want to develop faster. For this good investment opportunity must be created. You see Chinese labors on average are earning more than Bengali ones in Padma bridge project but instead of dismissing these now skilled workforce, utilization is key. For the next project that probably wouldn’t need as much foreign workforce

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2009
Country
Bangladesh
If the Saudis ever invest in anything it will probably be about energy centered around petroleum. That is what they are doing with Reliance in India.

Doctor Strange

Sep 20, 2017
Country
Bangladesh
LOL @ KSA led Muslim Army.

Saudis cannot fight their way out of a paper bag!
Its just your opinion and a very vague one. Professional armies arent always made to defeat rag tag militias. For example USA vs Taliban, Israel vs Hejbullah, Syria vs opponents etc. So KSA could use some soldiers from BD and use for its benefit. BD could get some real battle experience, international exposure, money and some free toys as well. When the KSA was rag tag militia these guys well defeated the Turkish Khalifah. Though I dont consider both BD and KSA upto the mark. Both suck in real battlefield.

UKBengali

ELITE MEMBER
May 29, 2011
Country
Bangladesh
Its just your opinion and a very vague one. Professional armies arent always made to defeat rag tag militias. For example USA vs Taliban, Israel vs Hejbullah, Syria vs opponents etc. So KSA could use some soldiers from BD and use for its benefit. BD could get some real battle experience, international exposure, money and some free toys as well. When the KSA was rag tag militia these guys well defeated the Turkish Khalifah. Though I dont consider both BD and KSA upto the mark. Both suck in real battlefield.
LOL dude. It was the UK and other Western armies that defeated the Turks.
BD has one of the best trained infantry in the world. They can go head to head with anyone and please do not insult us by comparing us to Saudis!

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
When the KSA was rag tag militia these guys well defeated the Turkish Khalifah. Though I dont consider both BD and KSA upto the mark. Both suck in real battlefield.
Please remember the movie, "Lawrence of Arabia" main role played by Peter O'Toole. Its main story is based on the real political story. It was all British conspiracy to divide the Muslim world on the basis of race and language, 'Divide and Rule' policy of England. Now, though the Muslims themselves are following a similar policy. SA does not care about Ummah. Turkey cares more about its relationship with Europe. After all, it is a European power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom