• Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Saudi Arabia announces 20% defence budget increase

Discussion in 'Arab Defence Forum' started by Arabian Legend, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Horus

Horus ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +400 / 93,746 / -0
    Pakistan
    It would be helpful to start a thread with all of the indigenous developments packed into it. Get your guys together and do it.

2. Mosamania

Mosamania ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 14,275 / -0
    Saudi Arabia
    It is alot of work that I am not sure is worth it, considering in this forum new ssaying that Saudi Arabia has been developing its own missiles for a while doesn't get as many views as news saying a Saudi was killed while trying to **** a donkey.
    Basically this forum and its people are not worth it.

3. Neptune

Neptune SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 11,568 / -0
    Turkey
    I second that yara. We really don't know much about defense industrial capabilities of KSA.

4. al-Hasani

al-Hasani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 25,134 / -11
    Saudi Arabia
    1)

I don't understand your first sentence. We are already facing ISIS first of all. I never said anything about KSA being invulnerable to anything I am just countering your dark predictions that I don't believe are based on any factual findings or events.

2)

I know you did not but you implied that ISIS will move toward KSA when they are "done with Syria and Iraq". Something I don't think that they will ever be first of all nor is it something that any regional power or world power (read USA) will allow either.

I am not sure if you are familiar with the geography of the Northern Regions of KSA. Those bordering Al-Anbar to be precise. Those regions are characterized by some highlands, numerous valleys but otherwise desert/steppe/grasslands. It is by no means an ideal place to establish an insurgency or foothold. It's sparsely populated too. Let alone the fact that there are no major cities closer than 40 km from the Iraqi border. KSA is very well prepared to met any threats from the North as I clearly stated. I still stand by that until I see anything proving the opposite.

3)

Yes, so I gather that KSA should be supporting an mass-murderer like Al-Asshead who is mass-killing fellow Arabs and Sunni Muslims and who is put afloat by a mortal enemy in Iran and another unfriendly state in Russia?! Last time I checked it was not KSA that started killing thousands of Syrians just because they were protesting for more rights nor is KSA supporting ISIS or Al-Nusra but rather FSA and the Syrian opposition. Ironically an opposition that not only most fellow Arab countries support (Muslims too) but most of the world. Nor could anyone predict that some shadow organization based in Iraq could suddenly be able to control all of Eastern Syria 3 years into the conflict.

I can only laugh at your comparison between ISIS and KSA. Not even worthy a serious reply.

Also I have never assumed anything about ISIS being a rag-tag organization rather the opposite. I have clearly acknowledged their abilities to cause havoc. Yet they will never succeed in KSA as we see in Syria and Iraq. The reason is that KSA is not a failed state but a regional power. Nothing tells me that they will nor has anything showed me that they can as of now. Rather the opposite.

Anyway we will not agree and time will only tell.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  5. bhangi bava

bhangi bava BANNED

Ratings:
    +1 / 618 / -3
    India
    at least we accept we lost not like some country who every year celebrate false victories :lol:

6. bhangi bava

bhangi bava BANNED

Ratings:
    +1 / 618 / -3
    India
    mainay kuch aisa khay dena hai ki teri bolti band ho jani, but then i will get banned as moderators are to moderate here

7. Dodo Bobo

Dodo Bobo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 75 / -3
    Pakistan
    Laghta hai teri ho gheiy hai bandh.

8. WishLivePak

WishLivePak SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 2,857 / -7
    Pakistan
    Yup.

Many here belive they won 1971 and kicked india and india started all wars

why doesn't saudia buy aircraft carrier? they've modern air force, much ships, much budget, large coastline

9. Water Car Engineer

Water Car Engineer ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +13 / 22,187 / -6
    United States

Right......

10. bhangi bava

bhangi bava BANNED

Ratings:
    +1 / 618 / -3
    India
    stupid people hope u teach them true history starting with @Dodo Bobo :D

11. Dodo Bobo

Dodo Bobo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 75 / -3
    Pakistan
    Laghta hai tujhe is bhangi baba ka jadu char gheya hai.

12. Oldman1

Oldman1 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,164 / -1
    United States
    They fought against Iran during the Tanker War as well as against Iraq during the First Gulf War.

13. WishLivePak

Ratings:
    +3 / 2,857 / -7
    Pakistan
    Nope, they give me negative rating and/or give ban strike.

Or those with no power at all will call be paid Indian and ask mods to check my location.

Not to mention, by having military might, you avoid war at the same time.

If Saudi was a weak military nation, many countries would've eyed an adventure. Beside, the citizens of saudi don't really like monarchy anyway.

14. Viper0011.

Viper0011. SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +45 / 9,771 / -19
    United States
    If you read Indian poster's posts just on here (and I see them on many other forums), they are becoming extremely anti-Islamic. Its very obvious. So if you were Saudia....what would you be thinking???
    Aero is right. Majority of these Naval preparations are to deal with a larger naval future foe and that ain't the US. In the next 15 years, India will start to assert itself in a forceful way and these guys will be waiting eye to eye for you as they prepped in advance. Plus Naval expansion would mean the US won't ask the Indian Navy to Patrol this area so much as Saudi is their strongest ally after Israel. So the Arabs will keep the Indian involvement at bay. Air force wise, they are already WAY ahead of India in both quality and quantity. The Navy was lacking and 80 Billion for just a few years is enough to fill that gap and build an internal MIC. Smart plan.

15. WishLivePak

Ratings:
    +3 / 2,857 / -7
    Pakistan
    I think Musharaf said, if you hit us with nukes dr india, we will nuke you. there will be far less hindus in world then. whereas many muslims all over world.

India has no interest in trolling saudia, seeing how it has some 200m muslims and many muslims in high posts.
    India would rather deal with terrorism, Pakistan and China.

what was loony?

And thanks. Speaking truth isn't very fruity. Get hit by many "anti pakistani, anti state, pro india, go live in india, paid indian."