Russian Gazprom investing $40 billion dollars in Iranian oil and gas fields
- Agreement signed today
- Largest foreign investment in Iranian Oil/Gas history
- $10 billion goes to the development of "North Pars" and "Kish" gas fields in the Persian Gulf (I covered that project in this thread)
- $15 billion to the "south Pars" gas field pressure restoration and Completion of Iran's LNG project
- balance of contract goes to revival of 6 older oil fields.
- This agreement is in addition to $4 billion dollars already in progress with Russia