• Wednesday, July 8, 2020

RT launches YouTube channel in Chinese, rocks Asian online platforms

Discussion in 'China & Far East' started by ChineseTiger1986, May 24, 2015.

1. ChineseTiger1986

ChineseTiger1986 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12 / 40,409 / -1
    China
    RT has stretched across continents to reach out to Chinese-speaking audiences launching a dedicated channel on YouTube. The global news channel has also been rocking on China's own platforms Youku and Tudou, where users can upload and share video clips.

By late May, RT hit over 7.6 million views on the popular Beijing-based video hosting resource Youku, which stands for "what's best and what's cool" in Chinese.

The Shanghai-based Tudou publishes over 50,000 new videos daily, including music, movie and TV clips. RT has garnered over 5.3 million views on the popular service as of late May.

In 2012 Youku reached an agreement to acquire its main rival, Tudou. As a result of the merger, Youku Tudou has grown to become the biggest online video site in China, with 500 million active monthly users.

RT's international news agency Ruptly, which provides real-time and archive visual news content to all media, from broadcast networks large and small to online content providers, is also actively present at the platform: Ruptly on Youku, Ruptly on Tudou. The two channels have together amassed over 5.8 million views.

YouTube itself has not escaped RT in Chinese - just this week the dedicated channel has launched on the global service.

RT has been growing its family. Two of the most recent additions are RT en francais and RT Deutsch that offer alternative-to-mainstream online news and comments to French-speaking and German-speaking audiences. Those two have brought RT’s language output to six, along with English, Arabic, Spanish and Russian.

RT is already the leading news provider on YouTube. Last December, RT hit 2 billion views on the popular video-hosting resource. Only a year earlier, RT International was the first news channel to achieve over 1 billion views.

RT launches YouTube channel in Chinese, rocks Asian online platforms — RT News

2. sherin616

sherin616 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 327 / -4
    India
    Good channel gives you another angle on everything

3. mike2000 is back

mike2000 is back SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 7,669 / -2
    United Kingdom
    Lool RT is one of the worse news channel i have ever seen, much like FOX news, it's very biased to the point that it doesn't even hides it anymore. In this regard i will say ironically cctv is more neutral /credible than RT. it's unfortunate that viewers don't really care if a news channel is biased or not as long as it tells them what they want to hear and shows them sensational news stories

4. Lux de Veritas

Lux de Veritas BANNED

Ratings:
    +2 / 2,732 / -54
    Singapore
    RT is very credible other than not criticizing Russia, just like Al Jazeera is credible for anything other than Gulf news.

Nevertheless, RT is far more credible than BBC and Fox news. RT analysis of USA is often piercing and accurate. The so call free press of western Europe are not able to produce work as high standard as RT.

5. AndrewJin

AndrewJin ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32 / 50,507 / -10
    China
    Exactly...
    Its live news about Syria is awesome.
    RT says something true about the west, so, you don't like it? I admit RT is biased in Russian news.

6. sherin616

sherin616 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 327 / -4
    India
    I compared rt BBC which acts like Queens messenger from briton who sho princess pregnancy marriage ya like we like to watch it

7. TaiShang

TaiShang ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +72 / 93,287 / -2
    China
    RT is just great. We have a lot to learn from them. Going global and beating the established Western regime monopolies in news making is no small feat.

Sputnik International already has dedicated Chinese version. RT videos in Chinese is just another step in global alternative and truthful news making.

The more CNN, BBC and other Western regime-trumpeters lose audience, the better.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  8. mike2000 is back

mike2000 is back SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 7,669 / -2
    United Kingdom
    I agree with the first part of your comment. As for the second part, no. RT is as biased as FOX news, in fact its even more biased than FOX news, since at least FOX news often criticizes U.S policies/U.S president actions/policies, RT on the other hand NEVER EVER EVER EVER broadcast ANYTHING AT ALL that is negative/bad news about Russia, not even when Russia invaded crimea. In fact during Russia's invasion of Crimea a few RT journalists quit live(which took RT staff members/leadership off guard) decrying RTs coverage of the events in Crimea and Russia's aggression/imperialism(which they themselves had been the ones condemning the evil U.S/west of doing all along.lool), since RT had been dipicting Russis Invasion as a legitimate/good thing.lol .

RT is as i said, one of the worse news channel i HAVE EVER SEEN in my life. ALL their news revolves around how 'Evil' the U.S/west are and how benevolent/saint/innocent Russia is. So yes you are right, RT is VERY BIASED towards Russia, but i will say Al jazeera is still better than RT, since at least i have seen some negative reports/bad news on Al Jazeera about gulf countries(though to be honest very rarely), but at least once in a while Al Jazeera shows some negative events in gulf countries, but RT NEVER. Obviously BBC is still better(just like Al Jazeera) than RT, you cant even compare them. Watch BBC and you will see several unflattering/negative reports/documentaries about Britain and our foreign policy. You WILL NEVER SEE THAT WITH RT.:agree:

In short, ironically, i am surprised to see that CCTV is still quite fair/less biased than all of the above(except that they dont cover bad news about the CCP obviously.lol) when it comes to international news, they report it with less bias and their reports dont really favour either the West/U.S or Russia(but they do with China to some extent.lol)

9. TaiShang

TaiShang ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +72 / 93,287 / -2
    China