• Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Romania Unveils new Armoured Vehicle

Discussion in 'Land Warfare' started by Reashot Xigwin, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Reashot Xigwin

Reashot Xigwin SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,526 / -1
    That's one Fugly looking car. :bad: On the other hand it is real useful to get through traffic in here.

Other link: http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/bulletproof-dacia-duster-army-vehicle.html

MP link:Army of Romania unveils Dacia Duster Army 4x4 armoured vehicle armed with 7.62 mg

2. Roybot

Roybot BANNED

Ratings:
    +16 / 44,645 / -17
    India
    Renault/Dacia Duster doesn't look too bad, but as an armoured vehicle :woot: not too sure about that.

But if it meets NATO standards then it must be good enough.

3. flamer84

flamer84 BANNED

Ratings:
    +5 / 11,543 / -17
    Romania
  4. forcetrip

forcetrip PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +12 / 3,847 / -0
    Pakistan
    I was about to say, Thats a terios kid with some roll bars.

5. Sinan out

Sinan out ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35 / 30,581 / -3
    Turkey
    Good vehicle, bad music. :enjoy:

6. Doritos11

Doritos11 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,885 / -2
    Iraq
    Iraq recently contacted Romania for arms, according to Iraq’s military analysist DJ eliott Iraq will be looking for SAUR 2 and other weaponry! hope it’s a good APC better than BTR4 which showed bad signs.

7. A.Rafay

A.Rafay ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 18,360 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thats a family car! just painted green and fitted with a gun! :p

8. flamer84

flamer84 BANNED

Ratings:
    +5 / 11,543 / -17
    Romania
    It is my friend,current army evaluations placed it above the Mowag Piranhas the romanian army recently bought which actually triggered a shitstorm in my country because we believe someone took a heavy bribe.In the end Piranha acquisition was capped at 31 and the SAUR was given a chance.
    As far as i know some few years ago the irakis came to us for APC's before the BTR4 but some of our officials requested bribes and the irakis canceled talks because of this.That idiotic goverment and its cronies are gone,many of them are put on trials today for corruption so let's hope for a better outcome this time.

Fan made dude.As i've said,even with the crappy music the SAUR 2 was the product of sheer belief,the 2008-2011 goverment tried its best to destroy what remained of Moreni (the factory that makes the SAUR),they didn't give any money for development,refuse to test the SAUR when they were given a prototype for free!,the workers forfeited their wages for months!! to pay for R&D and were given money by private individuals to work.The site of Moreni was made by volunteers who worked for free.I have the utmost respect for these people ,they've sticked to their guns to save one of the last local romanian arms producers.It was heart breaking to see them beg the politicians "just take the prototype for testing and if it doesn't meet the criteria then we'll forget about it"...and they did this for a long time until finally ,due to public pressure they took it in for testing and surprise :the product deliveres with 60% of the price of a swiss made Piranha.

You see my friend,current day Romania is not Turkey ,our arms industry is sustained by many people who often work for free just to produce something and keep the remaining factories alive.

Currently we are on a "crusade" to save "Avioane Craiova" factory by developing an extensial upgrade(radar,avionics) to the IAR 99 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  9. Neptune

Neptune SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 11,568 / -0
    Turkey
    I wonder how this frog could get STANAG certificates...:hitwall:

10. W.11

W.11 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 9,509 / -53
    Pakistan