What's new

RJAF selling 15 Cobras - option for PAA?

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
I came across this on twitter...

It seems the Jordanians are selling 15 Cobras. Could this be an option for PAA? They'd probably be quite cheap and we desperately need them to provide support along the CPEC corridor. If nothing else it'd be useful as spares?

Also @TOPGUN you'll note a Mirage F-1 is also being sold... :p:

#noughtiesPAFoptions
Theyre upgraded with israeli avionics

Signalian

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Aug 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I came across this on twitter...

It seems the Jordanians are selling 15 Cobras. Could this be an option for PAA? They'd probably be quite cheap and we desperately need them to provide support along the CPEC corridor. If nothing else it'd be useful as spares?

Also @TOPGUN you'll note a Mirage F-1 is also being sold... :p:

#noughtiesPAFoptions
Are these the 12 upgraded ones which can fire AGM114 HELLFIRE ATGM ?

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 14, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Are these the 12 upgraded ones which can fire AGM114 HELLFIRE ATGM ?

I'm not sure, but Google seems to suggest Jordan plans to operate those and move on the others.

The screenshot says AH-1F (I think the upgraded ones are called AH-1S?

Also there is reference to NTS which I think is night targeting system?

All very confusing. Obviously there is no evidence Pakistan is interested, merely a suggestion on my part that we ought to be.

Dazzler

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Oct 19, 2008
Country
Pakistan
I'm not sure, but Google seems to suggest Jordan plans to operate those and move on the others.

The screenshot says AH-1F (I think the upgraded ones are called AH-1S?

Also there is reference to NTS which I think is night targeting system?

All very confusing. Obviously there is no evidence Pakistan is interested, merely a suggestion on my part that we ought to be.
Our cobras are also night fight capable thanks to C-Nite upgrade. Nothing new.

khanasifm

Apr 16, 2008
It’s been out for sale for very long time still needing USA 🇺🇸 approval to any country interest so ????

Crimson Blue

Nov 7, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Would these Cobras be able to fire Chineese / Turkish / SA missles or do we have to keep begging for US approval for Hellfires for these Cobras?

spectregunship

New Recruit

Aug 18, 2020
Country
Pakistan
time to put AH1F series in the past...ours have passed through a rigour unseen by many AH1F/S fleets across the globe. Time to work into the next decade and place beautiful Cobras in more museums like the one in Lahore.

That Guy

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Mar 29, 2013
Country
Pakistan
could this be back door sale to Pakistan with USA approval ???
A previous sale of Jordanian F16s to Pakistan was stopped by the US.

All resales of US weapons systems are subject to US approval

If Biden is sincere, then Pakistan won't even have to worry about buying second hand from Jordan, Biden will release the systems that it held back to Pakistan.
Biden is pro-Pakistan.
He is not. He's just logical, and thinks about what will benefit the US most in any given situation, if that means being friendlier to Pakistan, than so be it.

Goritoes

BANNED
Jan 20, 2021
Country
Pakistan
A previous sale of Jordanian F16s to Pakistan was stopped by the US.

All resales of US weapons systems are subject to US approval

If Biden is sincere, then Pakistan won't even have to worry about buying second hand from Jordan, Biden will release the systems that it held back to Pakistan.

He is not. He's just logical, and thinks about what will benefit the US most in any given situation, if that means being friendlier to Pakistan, than so be it.
This sale could be a test run to see how the new US administration will work with Pakistan, they know PA needs these attack helicopters for clearing out the remaining pockets of TTP and JuA, stopping the sale will mean that even the new Administration is not interested in working with Pakistan.

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country
United States
Pakistan is a junkyard? Why do members always suggest Pakistan buy overused equipment that have no military value?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom