What's new

Featured Qatar Diplomat: Both Countries working on JVs defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training!

Salza

Dec 20, 2014
Country
Pakistan

KARACHI: Qatar Consul General Mishal M Al-Ansari on Monday said that Doha has plans to increase employment opportunities for Pakistanis to over 300,000 in the coming years from the current 150,000.

Addressing members of the Korangi Association of Trade and Industry (KATI), he said that the number of companies with 100 per cent ownership of Pakistanis have increased significantly.

He said that LNG agreement between Pakistan and Qatar was a great milestone while both the countries are already working on many joint ventures in defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training, food, agriculture and other industries.

Mr Al-Ansari said that despite terrible conditions due to coronavirus “we are fully prepared for FIFA World Cup 2022 and many mega infrastructure projects have been completed.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Qatar interested in block 3 ? any info on it ?

Above words are directly coming from Qatar Consul General Mishal M Al-Ansari

faani83

New Recruit

Aug 11, 2019
Country
Canada

KARACHI: Qatar Consul General Mishal M Al-Ansari on Monday said that Doha has plans to increase employment opportunities for Pakistanis to over 300,000 in the coming years from the current 150,000.

Addressing members of the Korangi Association of Trade and Industry (KATI), he said that the number of companies with 100 per cent ownership of Pakistanis have increased significantly.

He said that LNG agreement between Pakistan and Qatar was a great milestone while both the countries are already working on many joint ventures in defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training, food, agriculture and other industries.

Mr Al-Ansari said that despite terrible conditions due to coronavirus “we are fully prepared for FIFA World Cup 2022 and many mega infrastructure projects have been completed.”

Mohamed Bin Tughlaq

Dec 26, 2020
Country
United States
Qatar should buy JF-17 for bulk purposes but inviting them into Project Azm would be much better. Qatar currently operates Euro-fighters, Rafales and F-15E's but Project Azm should be the project Qatar puts all it's eggs on

Last edited:

faani83

New Recruit

Aug 11, 2019
Country
Canada
What does JV means in JF17 by Qatar? can they get PAC some tech ? Would they buy?

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
It would be both interesting and suprising if Qatar does buy into the JF17 Block III programme. They have all the choices in the world.

If they do get the JF17 Block III, then both PAF and Qatar can spend alot of time flying the JF17 Block III against the Rafale on exercises ....

I do have my doubts.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
It would be both interesting and suprising if Qatar does buy into the JF17 Block III programme. They have all the choices in the world.

If they do get the JF17 Block III, then both PAF and Qatar can spend alot of time flying the JF17 Block III against the Rafale on exercises ....

I do have my doubts.
What about block 3 B as a LIFT programme? I wonder whether there is some utility there for block 3b.
A

Jan 24, 2021
Country
Bahrain
so is Qatar planning on participating to develop future blocks of JF17? maybe they want a fighter jet from a friendly country that they know wont refuse to give them weapons and supplies in the event Qatar have to go to war or under another blockade.

baqai

Sep 28, 2006
Country
Pakistan
interesting, if this materializes it will add more burn to our neighbor

jupiter2007

Feb 19, 2007
JF-17 block 4 development with Qatar?

JF-17 will be a perfect for low-high combination and force multiplier for Qatar air forces.

Last edited:

Kingslayerr

Sep 16, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Qatar should get the jf17 for force multiplier and invest in azm so they can have a cost effective 5th gen platform
I doubt. Why would you do that when you are a small nation with no interest in developing fighter jet and have all the money in the world to buy whatever you want. I think this is nothing more then a statement.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 14, 2015
Country
United States
My prime curiosity regarding Qatar: where will they find tons of pilots to fly these jets?!? My understanding is flying a jet isn’t like driving a car.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom