What's new

Predictions about changes in the near future geopolitical landscape

CatSultan

Oct 23, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Anyone who watches the geopolitical landscape knows that the world will change a lot in near future. More than it has in the past century. With Pax Americana on the decline and the world shifting from democratic nation states to authoritarian civilization states, the cost-benefit analysis of war will go down and their will be many new conflicts in the future. One of the reasons for this is the fact that authoritarian states do not need to seek approval or moral justification from its citizens as much as a democratic state. Another reason is the decentralization force of drones. Drones are much easier to acquire for Insurgent and militia groups and with drones capable of harboring Anti Aircraft missiles and provide close ground support, they can act as a disposable Airforce, which makes it possible for a poorer, smaller and more decentralized force to conduct conventional warfare against a professional army. This would increase the power of armed rebel groups and maybe even let them overthrow governments.

I started this thread because I want to know what PDF thinks are possible conflicts in the future. I'll start first. I think that the lack of livable land and the growing population in Egypt will cause them to interfere more in the war in Libya so that they can have more access to the Mediterranean sea's gas supply and the Libyan oil.

Please keep this discussion on topic and don't derail this thread. thank you.

crankthatskunk

May 20, 2011
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone who watches the geopolitical landscape knows that the world will change a lot in near future. More than it has in the past century. With Pax Americana on the decline and the world shifting from democratic nation states to authoritarian civilization states, the cost-benefit analysis of war will go down and their will be many new conflicts in the future. One of the reasons for this is the fact that authoritarian states do not need to seek approval or moral justification from its citizens as much as a democratic state. Another reason is the decentralization force of drones. Drones are much easier to acquire for Insurgent and militia groups and with drones capable of harboring Anti Aircraft missiles and provide close ground support, they can act as a disposable Airforce, which makes it possible for a poorer, smaller and more decentralized force to conduct conventional warfare against a professional army. This would increase the power of armed rebel groups and maybe even let them overthrow governments.

I started this thread because I want to know what PDF thinks are possible conflicts in the future. I'll start first. I think that the lack of livable land and the growing population in Egypt will cause them to interfere more in the war in Libya so that they can have more access to the Mediterranean sea's gas supply and the Libyan oil.

Please keep this discussion on topic and don't derail this thread. thank you.
My friend do you live in the real world!!

Democratic governments needs approval from their public to go to war!!

All the wars recently started on big lies. Forget about approval, we are talking about massive betrayals and deceptions.

nahtanbob

BANNED
Sep 24, 2018
Country
United States
Another reason is the decentralization force of drones. Drones are much easier to acquire for Insurgent and militia groups and with drones capable of harboring Anti Aircraft missiles and provide close ground support, they can act as a disposable Airforce, which makes it possible for a poorer, smaller and more decentralized force to conduct conventional warfare against a professional army. This would increase the power of armed rebel groups and maybe even let them overthrow governments.
Drones allow the powerful to wage even more nastier wars

CatSultan

Oct 23, 2020
Country
Pakistan
My friend do you live in the real world!!

Democratic governments needs approval from their public to go to war!!

All the wars recently started on big lies. Forget about approval, we are talking about massive betrayals and deceptions.
they need approval from their people. US lost in Vietnam because of the fact that people heard about the massacres. 911 was the justification of all the middle eastern wars.
Drones allow the powerful to wage even more nastier wars
their still not as good as an actual fighter jet in air to air combat

crankthatskunk

May 20, 2011
Country
United Kingdom
they need approval from their people. US lost in Vietnam because of the fact that people heard about the massacres. 911 was the justification of all the middle eastern wars.

their still not as good as an actual fighter jet in air to air combat
Justification for wars!!
Oh I get it.
That's why General Powell went to the UN and lied out of his teeth to justify Iraqi war. Same goes for the sleek Blair and his lies.
We get it, totally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom