• Monday, August 20, 2018

PM lauds Wah factory’s role in dealing with security challenges

Discussion in 'Pakistan Defence & Industry' started by Zarvan, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81 / 44,799 / -13
    Pakistan
    [​IMG]

WAH: Caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk being briefed about various products made at the Pakistan Ordnance Factories.

TAXILA: Caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk on Wednesday lauded the role of Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) in fulfilling the country’s security needs and said that the defence industrial complex held a pivotal position in the wake of multifarious defence and security challenges the country was facing.

The prime minister made these remarks during a visit to the Pakistan Ordnance Factories, Wah Cantt.

Mr Mulk hailed the commitment and continued efforts of the workforce of POF whose labour and expertise he said had earned the organisation a reputable place in the region and beyond.

“The POF’s culture of innovation and excellence has left me deeply impressed and profoundly satisfied,” observed the prime minister while recording his comments in visitors’ book.

Earlier, POF Chief Lt General Sadiq Ali informed the prime minister about the range of arms and ammunition products of international standards being produced at the ordnance factories.

Mr Mulk was also apprised of contributions made by POF in meeting defence and non-defence requirements of the armed forces during the time of war and peace. The prime minister was informed that in addition to meeting domestic requirements on a cost-to-cost basis, the POF was also serving the country by exporting its surplus defence products to around 40 countries and earning foreign exchange.

The prime minister was also briefed about commercial operations and corporate social responsibility services of the organisation in the field of education, health and environment protection.

Later, the prime minister visited the Product Display Lounge, POF Brass Mills and the Weapons Factory and observed various processes at the production line.

Published in Dawn, August 9th, 2018

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/s/www.dawn.com/news/amp/1425930

2. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 10,700 / -7
    Pakistan
    hmmn, I have always said Pakistan needs at least 4 ordnance factories. But they stress out just the one they have.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Mentee

Mentee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 9,516 / -1
    Pakistan
    I figured out lately that folks running those pof stores are not business centric. Typical authoritative, Condescending, clueless idiots! Niggas think they are providing some intergalactic firearms to civvies. A friend having a state issued firearm license contacted one of the stores to fetch some st9 and he was told to bring some karnayl jarnal reference to get one. He got so pissed that he straight away purchased a glock - - - instead. see the irony? He could have helped the national treasury - - - - -
    @Sheepistanis

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. I S I

I S I BANNED

Ratings:
    +4 / 8,986 / -25
    Pakistan
    better now.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12 / 33,519 / -11
    Pakistan
    POF Wah has done a marvellous job. I hope we can further improve quality by improving process and investing in R&D.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Game.Invade

Game.Invade FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 1,503 / -0
    Pakistan
    POF Wah isn't a single factory but a group of ordnance factories located in and around Wah Cantt. We don't need 4 factories but a comprehensive upgrade to the current infrastructure. The new rifle procurement would also see an upgrade of these facilities (its a direct offset if I'm not wrong)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 10,700 / -7
    Pakistan
    But it is part of one consortium under one guise? The size of the nation and increasing personnel one factory is not going to be enough! aside from upgrades.

8. Sheepistanis

Sheepistanis FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 380 / -0
    Pakistan
    That's the prevelant parctice for the whole country. Nothing gets done easily, they have got so many checks and regulations that even carrying out a task as paltry as getting your HEC recognised institutes' degree attested, requires your entire life's bio data and the rest of the procedure stretches over weeks. If you can't show up for attestation in person, then someone who appears on your behalf must submit both ID cards photopies and an authority letter signed by a gazeetted officer. Pakistani official procedures are primitive and while the thorough official procedings, falsely create a quality-check notion, the national output remains minuscule. Have you ever read the Pakistani convention, one of the most lenghtiest ones in the world, but the on ground realities are open to all. :tsk:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. khansaheeb

khansaheeb SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,913 / -1
    Pakistan
    More the better, we need one in each province and should sell abroad.

10. Signalian

Signalian SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +41 / 6,107 / -0
    Pakistan
    Pakistan has raised may formations (SSD, FC, Rangers, SOW, SSW etc) in the past decade and spent ammunition on WOT and LOC. 60,000 more troops will be raised now.
    That has been and is being done with just one factory, arming thousands of troops and producing ammo. Its an achievement of POF.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 10,700 / -7
    Pakistan
    indeed it is. But is there not need for another factory?

12. Signalian

Signalian SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +41 / 6,107 / -0
    Pakistan
    i dont think so.

13. Zulfiqar

Zulfiqar FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 277 / -0
    POF has already increased the capacity of brass manufacturing by investing tens of millions of dollars.

Additional bmr has been done in casings e.t.c

Regular bmr is being done every year to modernise the manufacturing capacity.

Having dealt with various departments of POF, I know that the capacity is there but innovation is needed in the operational processes.

14. GriffinsRule

GriffinsRule FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 428 / -0
    Pakistan
    These clustered factory complexes will be the first target of Indian medium and long range missile and we have no defense against it except creating more, even if smaller scale weapon production facilities. Otherwise goodluck trying to rebuild after the war with depleted stocks of everything and no capacity to produce anything

• Thanks Thanks x 1