What's new

PM Imran Khan Gears Up For Football Revival In Pakistan

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 14, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Germans are not from Mars but they have a football culture at least a hundred year old with one of the best training institute for football, one of the best sport research facilities and most of their young ones play football ,can have a career even if they not make it to the national team..why you think many Asian countries where football is popular still suck at it? It's nothing to do with race of genetics, it's more to do with other factors which will take 20-30 years to resolve even of you start today. It's hard for a person from a non sporting background to understand what it all means but you should not expect anything in 5-6 or even 10 years.

What means by " bashing" as he said is that South Korea can repeat the same result 9/10 times..can they? It's one thing to be optimistic ,but one must also realize what is not possible. Optimistic people like these are the first ones who say " why only 4 bronze medal for pakistan in 2018 Asian games, our people are best " and "why only 1/10 of medals for India as compared to China with the same population, we have best people ".
Sports is more than " we have these best people".
I suspect against the current German side they probably could. German football right now, is not what it was. No doubt they'll turn it around again, but right now they are there for the taking.

Same is with people from Gwadar, Gilgit and Karachi. They got history too.30-40 years if not 100. Same should be with India, Japan, China. Proper facilities and financing can get you anything. I am saying it again, donot undermine our people. They can do anything.
Heritage is one thing, but it is no substitute for coaching, tactical understanding and and physical condition. I've no doubt that individuals from Pakistan could become great players, but there is no Messi hiding in Lyari. There might be an equivalent to 6 year old messi somewhere, but that 6 year old needs world class training to become even half of what 26 year old Messi was.

In all the major footballing nations, talented kids are signed up by youth teams at age 5-6. Some football academies are like private boarding schools where kids stay, are educated and also trained daily in football. As adults these people have the top sports technology available to them, personalised fitness and training regimes, their own chefs and doctors.

We need a proper roadmap and hope in 30-40 years time to have top level talent who is capable of doing it on the world stage.

RangeMaster

Dec 25, 2016
Country
Pakistan
I am saying not in 5-7 or even 10 years..I only said even if you start today, it will take 20-30 years.i am not undermining anyone but just saying you have unrealistic expectations for such a short period of time.
The people I am talking about have spent their childhood, adulthood playing football. I am not talking about grabbing a random kid from street and making him Messi.

GHALIB

BANNED
Jul 16, 2018
Country
India

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 14, 2017
Country
Pakistan
We should try and borrow some of the best strategies from around the world.

The NFL in America (different sport I know), often scouts for recuits in College/school football, which is a big deal in America. Schools have teams that compete in local, state and national championships. The NFL can cherry pick talent from this "second tier" league.

Each professional club should mandatory have full time youth teams where local youths are recruited in the hope they develop into players for the first team. These youth should be educated and trained at the clubs facilities.

Each school should have international standard qualified football coaches. These qualifications are not hard to get and will help get professional quality coaching skills into our grassroot game. Each professional club should only be allowed to hire international standard qualified football coaches. We could borrow this standard from the English FA who are doing this.

We should develop national footballing academies where the best of age group are signed to a national academy and given the best youth training available in the game. We should focus on replicating Clairefontaine or La Masia. These kids should be the elite of our footballing youth, professional clubs should be scouting here to try and find the best talent.

Zaki

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 20, 2008
Country
Pakistan
We need International standard Football stadiums and not just multi-purpose grounds to promote football. I am sure we have enough talent in the country to become one of the better Football sides in the world. People in Lyari and Balochistan loves playing football and we should begin from there

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 14, 2017
Country
Pakistan
We need International standard Football stadiums and not just multi-purpose grounds to promote football. I am sure we have enough talent in the country to become one of the better Football sides in the world. People in Lyari and Balochistan loves playing football and we should begin from there
Much before stadiums, we should invest in footballs, cones, goalposts, amatuer pitches - across the country, in every school, in every village.

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Just build 5,000 Artificial Turf ground in Pakistan , children will come to field with soccer ball
Don't need massive stadiums

Just need plain ground , some plumbing for water draining and artificial turf placement

Armature Leagues are played 7 days a week , 8 hours a day

1 Field can serve 10,000 children/adults
5,000 field can serve

50,000,000 Million players out of 50 million player pool , someone will turn into Messi or Ronaldo

KPK
Baluchistan
Liyari (Karachi)
Lahore

Prime areas for Football

Solar lights can help illuminate the staidums

We don't need Big scary brick stadiums where children can't play or you can't play for free need free grounds so people can pick a ball call their friends and play soccer in field in their own neighborhoods after school

Last edited:

The Accountant

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Aug 13, 2016
Country
Pakistan
No Asian country can bash Germany in next 5-7 years..it takes 20-30 years for any nation to build a sports infrastructure from the grass roots, recruit right people at right place and then build a team .
He is talking about a makrani people ... they have football in there gene ... tou should see them playing ... they are the same guy that won street children footbal cup

jupiter2007

Feb 19, 2007
Karachi especially Lyari area, Gwadar and Gilgit Baltistan regions are extremely talented when it comes to football. Give them proper facilities, wait for 5-7 years and see them bashing Germany.
Picture From Balochistan
Japan, South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Ghana, Nigeria have good teams, we should compare ourself with them before going to Europe.

JohnWick

BANNED
Nov 13, 2018
Country
Pakistan
Just build 5,000 Artificial Turf ground in Pakistan , children will come to field with soccer ball
Don't need massive stadiums

Just need plain ground , some plumbing for water draining and artificial turf placement

Armature Leagues are played 7 days a week , 8 hours a day

1 Field can serve 10,000 children/adults
5,000 field can serve

50,000,000 Million players out of 50 million player pool , someone will turn into Messi or Ronaldo

KPK
Baluchistan
Liyari (Karachi)
Lahore

Prime areas for Football

Solar lights can help illuminate the staidums

We don't need Big scary brick stadiums where children can't play or you can't play for free need free grounds so people can pick a ball call their friends and play soccer in field in their own neighborhoods after school
Magnificent stadiums !

Samlee

Aug 8, 2010
Country
Pakistan

Jaanbaz

ELITE MEMBER
May 7, 2013
Country
Pakistan
As usual Lahore and Islamabad will hog any government investment. Karachi, Quetta and Mardan are thought to have exceptional talent in Football yet these areas continue to be ignored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom