What's new

Payra downgraded to seaport from deep seaport

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Nah they just hate you because you think developed countries started by making needles
Do not ever think the developed countries developed with nuclear power stations. Most of them started with fabrics, cotton or silk. USA, Japan, Korea, China and name any country, it is certainly fabrics and NEEDLES. USA was the supplier of raw silk and foods to Europe.

Japan took away its place with the export of better silk to Europe in late 1800s. In the 1950s made in Japan textile/polyester fabrics became the most sought-after fashion goods throughout the world. You are such a guy who never studies but talks big.

Read history and claim yourself a Pundit. BD remains the only tailoring country without being able to produce neither sewing machines nor needles. Yet, you guys and Hasina both talk about space ships, Jet planes, and what not? I wish Bd to manufacture its first locomotive and use it for Hasina's space mission.

Japan's JUKI sewing machines are worl-famous, but it does not produce garments. Why? Learn yourself. I don't know much about Chinese ones. But, its machines have flooded BD.

Learn from many hundreds of books and talk big.

Last edited:

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2015
Country
Bangladesh
So there isn't any alternative area for deep sea port in southern BD? I think we should have at least two deep sea port in two different locations like CTG and Mongla. In a war scenario this idea can be helpful. Now i think environmental issue to scrap plan for Sonadia was just an excuse. It has to be geopolitics only cause we are building few coal power plants, Rampal near Sundarban and RNPP. If our govt and others are so concerned about environment then why other projects saw green light?
More southern location than Payra(near Kuakata) may be feasible for a deep sea port. Although still need to be dredged but cost and hazard may be bearable. More research needed. Trying to set up a deep sea port so much interior in Payra was a bad idea. I hope they construct a medium sized deep sea port in that area as an alternative to Matarbari in future.

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2015
Country
Bangladesh
I blame Hasina Bibi for making unwise decisions all the time. Not only Payra deep seaport but also Rooppur and some others as well. This Forum is participated by many talented and educated people from BD who make personal attacks on me at the slightest opportunity only because I criticize the unwise decisions.

I will now again criticize here the decision to build the Rooppur. We are a poor country living on the goodwill of many countries and it is certainly not necessary to spend such a vast sum of money on atomic electricity. $12 billion will become at least $16 billion with interest and it is being spent to produce a tiny 2,400 mW.

With this money, BD could have built non-atomic stations that could have produced at least a total of12,000 mW of power.

BD's Chief Executive is such a stupid woman that she once told people to produce hydroelectricity from the water of Haor and Baor. She does not even know that the still water of Haor/Baor does not have a Head (H) to produce power. In its simplest form, P (watts) = m x g x Hnet x η. The head, H, is a needed component.

You guys will not like my comment when I say this idiot woman is continuously ruining the future of BD by undertaking unnecessary projects financed by the borrowed money from the international loan sharks like IMF, ADB, or WB.
Building Rooppur nuclear power plant was never a bad idea. Please do not equate that project with this one. Nuclear power is environment friendly and cost effective in a long run. You should stop obsessing about coal fired power plant. World is now retiring those archaic power plant in a top speed.

Nuclear power plant in Bangladesh is not only about getting electricity, it is also about getting well versed in an extremely important field of science. It will allow many of our scientists to study and work related to Nuclear physics whose opportunity was not available in our country in the past. Rooppur Nuclear powerplant is the reason many of our public and private universities opened department of Nuclear Science and Engineering for the first time. So judging Roopur nuclear powerplant only through electricity vs cost parameter would be a narrow and visionless thinking.

Last edited:

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Do not ever think the developed countries developed with nuclear power stations. Most of them started with fabrics, cotton or silk. USA, Japan, Korea, China and name any country, it is certainly fabrics and NEEDLES. USA was the supplier of raw silk and foods to Europe.

Japan took away its place with the export of better silk to Europe in late 1800s. In the 1950s made in Japan textile/polyester fabrics became the most sought-after fashion goods throughout the world. You are such a guy who never studies but talks big.

Read history and claim yourself a Pundit. BD remains the only tailoring country without being able to produce neither sewing machines nor needles. Yet, you guys and Hasina both talk about space ships, Jet planes, and what not? I wish Bd to manufacture its first locomotive and use it for Hasina's space mission.

Japan's JUKI sewing machines are worl-famous, but it does not produce garments. Why? Learn yourself. I don't know much about Chinese ones. But, its machines have flooded BD.

Learn from many hundreds of books and talk big.
We are talking about your needle Comment here. Not textile and fabric, don’t divert topics. You’re the dude who often criticize bd for being a textile/ garment manufacturer and you avoid green energy argument lol
I guess you need to read some books before dissing nuclear energy
Cba

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
This means a few things.

Rail link to Payra may not become reality anytime soon, while to Mongla via Padma bridge it may be (sooner).

Payra will not have dock and jetty infra built for container handling.

Port draft at Payra is going to be around 12 meters which is still usable for smaller coal carriers for the power station.

This is a not a total lose-lose because there is still going to be a Naval (and Coast Guard) base there, which is a necessity.

Hasina just wanted to do something near her home village that flopped.
@bluesky bhai - Sheikh Hasina was born in Tungipara (locality in Gopalganj), East Pakistan. It is not close to Payra port location. May be some other connection. Please see map.

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Building Rooppur nuclear power plant was never a bad idea. Please do not equate that project with this one. Nuclear power is environment friendly and cost effective in a long run. You should stop obsessing about coal fired power plant. World is now retiring those archaic power plant in a top speed.

Nuclear power plant in Bangladesh is not only about getting electricity, it is also about getting well versed in an extremely important field of science. It will allow many of our scientists to study and work related to Nuclear physics whose opportunity was not available in our country in the past. Rooppur Nuclear powerplant is the reason many of our public and private universities opened department of Nuclear Science and Engineering for the first time. So judging Roopur nuclear powerplant only through electricity vs cost parameter would be a narrow and visionless thinking.
Don’t tell him that after all he is the only person to have read books here to “talk big” rofl

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
More southern location than Payra(near Kuakata) may be feasible for a deep sea port. Although still need to be dredged but cost and hazard may be bearable. More research needed. Trying to set up a deep sea port so much interior in Payra was a bad idea. I hope they construct a medium sized deep sea port in that area as an alternative to Matarbari in future.
Immediate Southern Coast of Bangladesh such as Bhola, Patuakhali, Barguna area is generally a bad place to place ports in (much less deep sea ports) because the silt discharge rate is so high and rapid. Payra will function, however the dredging will be expensive. I don't know if you remember - but there was talk about this shallow draft problem a few years ago when they floated the plan for Payra Port.

For occasional use by coal supply ships and navy vessels at Payra - that is not an issue, but for wholesale container traffic it may be, due to seabed silt displacement (post dredging by cutter suction dredgers). If we fabricate our own large sea dredgers and Payra Port has some under their fleet, then this will be less of an issue. But paying companies like Jan De Nul to dredge shipping channels every year is going to be quite expensive, very fast.

The shallow draft and silt deposition is the reason for so many islands rising up in that area like Hatiya and Bhashan Char. That area is 'soylaab' with chars. Looking at the map you can see that near these Barguna and Patuakhali areas, coastal draft is less than ten meters, and around five meters near the coast.

This is actually a blessing when considering foreign sub intrusion (they will run aground), but it is a curse when it comes to coastal container shipping. You'd need a minimum of 12 meters plus for most smaller sea container carriers (10,000 DWT) even.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Nuclear power plant in Bangladesh is not only about getting electricity, it is also about getting well versed in an extremely important field of science.
So many excuses BAL people like you have on every wrong decision your Hasina Bibi makes!! I feel very strange. You guys always think on the party line. Roopppur was not required and it will not bring science to the country. Talk science when BD people can build an atomic plant, even if the scale is much smaller.

Today it is unable to produce even Needles for the sewing machines nor even the machines themselves. Here, you are bragging about science and technology. Idiocracy must be kept within the limit.

$16 billion রূপপুর হচ্ছে বাংলাদেশের জন্য ঘোড়া রোগ।

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2015
Country
Bangladesh
Talk science when BD people can build an atomic plant, even if the scale is much smaller.
From out of thin air? You are talking about putting curt before the horse, like so many other instances.

Bangladesh is not USA or USSR, and this is not 1950s, that Bangladesh will built Nuclear power infrastructure from the scrtach and will go on many trial and error and all those steps of 1st generation, 2nd generation, 3rd generation Nuclear power plants. Why do you want Bangladesh to re-invent the wheel? What we need in short to medium term, is to create a skilled work force and scientists able to run the nuclear power plant, and get knowledge and experience of all the continuous developement happening in the nuclear technology, then may be in the long term, when Bangladesh become sufficiently mature its handling of Nuclear technology and the size of economy reach to a respectable level, it can built a Nuclear power plant on it's own, but currently this is nowhere near that possibility.

I find your twisted thinking very amusing, you are against establishing a Nuclear power plant in Bangladesh because it cost many billions, yet taunt Bangladesh to built one on it's own ! Do you think, Bangladesh will acquire the latest technology in gayebi dreams? Without any familiarization with the nuclear technology, without any institutional foundational base, without any skilled professionals and scientific base, without any technical co-operation with established Nuclear power plant builder, how it is possible if we at least do not set a Nuclear power plant at least? Or do you want us to go back in 1930s and re-invent the whole Nuclear energy thing from the scratch?

Last edited:

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Idiot Awami Leaguer, it is you who is putting the cart before the horses. It is you who is asking to build atomic power first and then produce nuts and bolts. By the way, why did not you answer to my post on waterlogging that I answered your other post?

You are just like this. By the way, tell me why BD needs atomic power and not coal-fired power as can be seen in India and China? So, is it not you who is putting the cart before the horse? A country starts from Kindergarten, gradually learns many technologies, and establishes many factories. But, you are supporting atomic power that BD wants to show off to others. Do you guys really think no country knows the reality in BD?

However, I have no objections if BD can build another atomic powerplant by itself and with the help from most idiotic people like you. But, how about trying first the steam locomotives instead of importing from countries like America or Korea?

At least, you should ask Hasina Bibi to take BD to a Kindergarten class level instead of wasting billions of dollars on Ph. D-equivalent Prestige projects. Now, some stupid from the UK is asking the govt to borrow another $16 billion to build bullet train lines when even double tracking works remain unaccomplished.

Bloody hypocrite enemies of Bangladesh!!
Bhai I understand your anger and frustration - but let's not call people names.

Arguments and discussions are OK without name calling.

Consider restraint, this is the month of Ramzan after all...

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Thanks for the information. I am sooo happy to see the WALTON SEWING MACHINES. Some people were claiming these will be produced only after following the completion of Rooppur Nuclear Power Station with foreign loans.

I am disgusted with people who do not think straight and answer posts most obliquely. We have to understand that all countries start small and move to bigger things gradually. BD cannot be an exception. The important point is to produce by ourselves. Someone was talking of Rooppur in a way as if our talented people are building the plant and not the Russians. But, needles are by us and Rooppur by the Rus.

I hope this guy will not now criticize the WALTON's production of NEEDLES and sewing machines. WALTON has successfully broken his and many other's teeth. Bloody enemies of Bangladesh!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom