• Friday, March 22, 2019

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Discussion in 'Pakistan Army' started by Zarvan, Jul 25, 2015.

1. FN-SCAR-H

193 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. Beretta ARX-200

51 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. CZ-806 Bren2

79 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Kalashnikov AK-103

72 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Zavasta M21

11 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    Yes we are the largest exporter of weapons to them. And I was the one who told about Pakistan working on mini nuclear submarine and every body like you made fun of me and after few months Oscar confirmed. I also told about several other weapons people like again talked crap and I was proven right on the spot. Pakistan is biggest exporter of small arms to Saudi Arabia I give a dam of what you believe remain.

2. Thorough Pro

Thorough Pro ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 8,224 / -26
    Pakistan
    come out of your delusional world, I knew about the nuclear sub a decade ago, but I don't suffer from oral diarrhea like you. I know about things now that you'll find out in next 10 years.

3. MystryMan

MystryMan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 209 / -0
    Pakistan
    We were hoping that under GRS the selection process will be based on merits (performance and financial). But as he has retired now so may be some people now trying to make a quick buck.
    Lets hope that the new COAS makes the right decision.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    When we can expect the announcement ?

5. MystryMan

MystryMan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 209 / -0
    Pakistan
    Bro, I'm just a enthusiast like many here, not an insider or having any sources. So can't answer your question, sorry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Tank131

Tank131 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 1,533 / -0
    United States
    If ARX and SCAR are the finalists then what merrit do we afford the news of POFs LoU regarding the production of small arms which Czech Republic? One would assume such an agreement would include production of CZ 806 Bren2. There is something to be said for its selection given how willing Ceska Zbrojovka has beem to provide interative upgrades and modifications to the rifle. Pakistan would be able to make something that is all its own using the Bren 2 as its starting point.

7. Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Bilal Khan (Quwa) SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15 / 6,375 / -0
    Pakistan
    The LoU happened, but even if the CZ-806 BREN 2 is selected as the standard issue rifle (produced at POF), I don't think that the SCAR-H or ARX-200 are out of the question. Specific units, e.g. SOF and CPEC Security Division, could still end up getting the SCAR or ARX, especially in the interim as the POF transitions to manufacturing the BREN.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    Sir are you suggesting that Pakistani infantry will adopt 7.62 x 39 caliber now and drop 7.62 x 51 caliber ?

9. Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Ratings:
    +15 / 6,375 / -0
    Pakistan
    No. I am saying that the average soldier will probably get a BREN variant - 7.62x39 and/or 7.62x51 - and the SOF, CPEC Security Division, elite police units, etc, will get SCAR-H or ARX-200.

Remember, it'll be some years before we get BRENs in production at POF, and many more years before new rifles are in the hands of the regular infantry. But priority units (e.g. SOF) need new rifles soon, so we may do a small off-the-shelf (e.g. 30,000) order from FN Herstal or Beretta.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 47,636 / -13
    Pakistan
    Sir Bren hasn't come up with 7.62 X 51 version yet and I hardly doubt that Pakistan will now wait for first Bren to come up with 7.62 X 51 version and test it again. Also I hardly doubt infantry would shift to 7.62 x 51. Lastly I think Pakistan may go for SCAR H or Berreta and this Bren may come in handy or we opt for both. Because out of 14 MOU signed by Pakistan 5 to 6 were signed by POF. And even before these MOU POF has also signed deals with Turkey and Italy for POF upgradation. This kind of massive upgradation can't be only to produce one rifle. We are doing something else here so now let's wait and see what happens.

11. Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Ratings:
    +15 / 6,375 / -0
    Pakistan
    I took a look at the agreements signed by POF. There was only *one* agreement - an LoU - signed with a gun manufacturer and that was CZ, you can read it below.

The 3rd LOU was signed between POF and M/s. CeskaZbrojovka, Czech Republic. According to LOU M/s. CeskaZbrojovka, Czech Republic and Pakistan Ordnance Factories declared that they will intensively negotiate a delivery of complete technology for the production of small arms to Pakistan Ordnance Factories, POF. Mutual interest refers to gradual launching of production in Pakistan, ranging from light assembly to maximum localization of production. Within this cooperation, transfer of technology as well as technical support including technical training of the personnel for Pakistan Ordnance Factories is expected.
    The rest of the MoUs and LoUs were in relation to factory technology, ammunition, etc, including the one with Belgium which was for a primer/paint facility. The only reason why we keep bringing up the BREN now is because it is the only manufacturer POF has negotiations (for ToT) planned, no one else. We can keep on waiting, but as it stands right now and based on what people who visited IDEAS are saying, CZ is at the center now.

As for waiting for a 7.62x51 version of the BREN. Why not? You were willing to wait for the 7.62x39 version of the SCAR not too long ago, why change the view for the BREN? Functionally, the Army has tested the BREN 2's core mechanics, weight, durability, etc. They understand the platform. Second, the BREN is a modular design, it wouldn't take long for CZ to come up with 7.62x51, just as it didn't take them long to come up with the 7.62x39 version.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. my name is nobody

my name is nobody BANNED

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 12 / -0
    Pakistan
    In fact 7,62x51 version of BREN had been already tested in Pakistan. It was shown at the IDEAS but no pictures were allowed. There was also a proof target from testing. It has better accuracy then both SCAR and ARX

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Rana4pak

Rana4pak FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 568 / -1
    Can any body tell the price difference b/w arx 200.scar H and bren 806

14. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 17,323 / -7
    Pakistan
    This is breaking news!

Zarvan the easiest possible way is to see that BREN as a gun based on SCAR design thus a SCAR with CZ label is coming and that is something to be happy about! I see why BREN has been selected because they offered the best package. Commiserations, the FN SCAR is not coming (possibly) But CZ SCAR is coming. :D

@Suff Shikan did you see a 7.62x51 BREN at CZ booth?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Suff Shikan

Suff Shikan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 1,510 / -0
    Pakistan
    DSC_0343.jpg You mean this?

• Thanks Thanks x 1