What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

Abid123

FULL MEMBER
Jan 1, 2021
456
1
593
Country
Pakistan
Location
Norway
Pakistan Navy is going through a serious upgrade and buildup in the 7-8 years. I am happy that the Pakistani Navy is finally getting some attention. I always felt that the Pakistani Navy gets "overlooked" when compared to PAF and PA. Very formidable fleet for 1000 km coastline.

> 4 x Type-054AP frigates under construction (delivery 2021-23)

> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)

> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)

> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.

> Deal for 6 heavier tonnage corvettes to be concluded soon

> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)

> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes

> 1 more Modernised ATR-72 ASW aircraft to join soon (total 3 such planes)

> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded

> Hypersonic P282 ship-launched anti-ship/land-attack ballistic missile

> MALE UAV contract concluded

New platforms being acquired is only part of the story.

PN have added new bases, shore based missile batteries, air defence, new marines battalions, information centre, nuclear command etc.

The PMSA has also grown in size.

The old PN was truly a joke in comparison.
 
Last edited:

Imad.Khan

SENIOR MEMBER
Sep 24, 2015
6,664
9
9,904
Country
Pakistan
Location
Australia
Pakistan Navy is going through a serious upgrade and buildup in the 7-8 years. I am happy that the Pakistani Navy is finally getting some attention. I always felt that the Pakistani Navy gets "overlooked" when compared to PAF and PA. Very formidable fleet for 1000 km coastline.

> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)

> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)

> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)

> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes

some corrections, MILGEM is the Jinnah class frigate and Hangor are the Yuan class subs.
 

Ghessan

FULL MEMBER
Feb 28, 2018
1,049
0
1,101
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
it comes to major surface fleet of 18-20
subs 11
MP, ASW and UAV around 20-24

with such an expansion, i do expect a couple of Destroyers/cruisers may in the next phase around 2030 onwards.

do we not need a dedicated fighter squadron or two of her own?
 

Vapour

FULL MEMBER
Jul 2, 2020
980
2
1,265
Country
Pakistan
Location
United Kingdom
Need proper investment in the second strike capability, to make it equivalent to what the first strike can do.
 

Invicta

FULL MEMBER
Mar 5, 2020
668
1
1,014
Country
United Kingdom
Location
United Kingdom
Pakistan Navy is going through a serious upgrade and buildup in the 7-8 years. I am happy that the Pakistani Navy is finally getting some attention. I always felt that the Pakistani Navy gets "overlooked" when compared to PAF and PA. Very formidable fleet for 1000 km coastline.

> 4 x Type-054AP frigates under construction (delivery 2021-23)

> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)

> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)

> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.

> Deal for 6 heavier tonnage corvettes to be concluded soon

> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)

> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes

> 1 more Modernised ATR-72 ASW aircraft to join soon (total 3 such planes)

> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded

> Hypersonic P282 ship-launched anti-ship/land-attack ballistic missile

> MALE UAV contract concluded

New platforms being acquired is only part of the story.

PN have added new bases, shore based missile batteries, air defence, new marines battalions, information centre, nuclear command etc.

The PMSA has also grown in size.

The old PN was truly a joke in comparison.
While these were being ordered I was really hoping they go for a good modern Destroyer as well. Cruisers are not required yet, they need 4-6 destroyers to pack a proper punch.

Chinese Type 55 is a good option for them, they can also do a Joint venture with other nations to develop one. A destroyer is a must now for PN.
 

IceCold

PDF VETERAN
May 1, 2007
17,069
8
20,525
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
We need an assured 2nd strike capability, not just against India but for future threats emerging that are far from our borders.
The world is reshaping fast and we need to be prepared, with the new cold war brewing and yesterdays friends becoming todays enemies, a nuclear deterrent cannot be complete without an assured 2nd strike capability.
 

Riz

BANNED
Jan 20, 2010
4,797
-1
7,814
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
I want a super sonic long range anti ship cruise missile
We need an assured 2nd strike capability, not just against India but for future threats emerging that are far from our borders.
The world is reshaping fast and we need to be prepared, with the new cold war brewing and yesterdays friends becoming todays enemies, a nuclear deterrent cannot be complete without an assured 2nd strike capability.
A 2500 km SLCM will be good addition at the initial stage
 

UDAYCAMPUS

BANNED
May 7, 2011
2,326
-11
1,600
Country
India
Location
India
Pakistan Navy is going through a serious upgrade and buildup in the 7-8 years. I am happy that the Pakistani Navy is finally getting some attention. I always felt that the Pakistani Navy gets "overlooked" when compared to PAF and PA. Very formidable fleet for 1000 km coastline.

> 4 x Type-054AP frigates under construction (delivery 2021-23)

> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)

> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)

> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.

> Deal for 6 heavier tonnage corvettes to be concluded soon

> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)

> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes

> 1 more Modernised ATR-72 ASW aircraft to join soon (total 3 such planes)

> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded

> Hypersonic P282 ship-launched anti-ship/land-attack ballistic missile

> MALE UAV contract concluded

New platforms being acquired is only part of the story.

PN have added new bases, shore based missile batteries, air defence, new marines battalions, information centre, nuclear command etc.

The PMSA has also grown in size.

The old PN was truly a joke in comparison.
MILGEM and Jinnah class are different projects? Thought that's just the Pakistan navy name for MILGEM frigates
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Top Bottom