What's new

‘Pakistani Marilyn ' Baar Baar Dekho'

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Hosh media’s Sahar Habib Ghazi gets up-close with 24-year-old Summaiya Jillani, the Karachi-based artist behind the ‘Pakistani Marilyn Monroe’ painting, which became viral on social media websites recently.

Artist Summaiya Jillani with her Marilyn acrylic titled ‘Baar baar dekho, hazaar baar dekho,’ at a recent exhibit at the VM Art Gallery in Karachi.

Artist Summaiya Jillani with some of her art, including her take on Frida Kahlo at an exhibition

A self portrait by the artist

Read the full interview
Meet the maker of

Zaki

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 20, 2008
Country
Pakistan
Amazing work by Sahar!

The last picture is most beautiful in my opinion as it gives kind of 3D look in the painting

As far as the colors are concerned, I have become an Acrylic-savvy artist. I hardly work in oils anymore although in past I have some of my most favorite paintings done in oil. I have restricted myself to acrylics because they are quick, plus much more vibrant than oils. For the base of the paintings I have been using not only plain canvas or paper, but a wide range of other surfaces, for instance- used coke cans, printed fabric, worn out records (lds), vegetable cutting boards, shoes, bags, jackets, jewelry, actual skin (inspired by an American artist Alexa Meade) and walls.
interesting....

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Amazing work by Sahar!

The last picture is most beautiful in my opinion as it gives kind of 3D look in the painting

interesting....
Indeed, it's got a nostalgia about it, even here the colour spots on the shirt contrast with the lights coming from the ceiling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)