• Monday, November 18, 2019

Pakistani E-Sports Player Among World's Top 10 Earners

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RiazHaq, Nov 8, 2019.

1. RiazHaq

RiazHaq SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61 / 5,835 / -0
    Pakistan
    http://www.riazhaq.com/2019/11/pakistani-video-game-player-among.html

Karachi-born Pakistani Syed Sumail Hasan, 19, is the world's youngest video gamer to surpass $1 million in earnings. In fact, he has earned $3.6 million so far as an international Dota 2 player, ranking him the 10th biggest winner in the world, according to esportsearnings.com website which tracks players' earnings. Sumail started playing Dota 2 at the age of 7. He now lives in a Chicago suburb as a permanent resident of the United States.

[​IMG]
    Syed Sumail Hassan

Arsalan Ash Siddique, 23 years old player from Lahore, Pakistan, caused a stir in Fukuoka Japan when he defeated world's top players to win EVO championship in February, 2019, according to Asahi Shimbun. In his victory speech, Arslan acknowledged many unknown Pakistani players who are also quite strong but could not join the competition because they could not get the visa to travel to Japan.

[​IMG]

It wasn't easy for Arsalan to reach Japan to participate in the contest. He had to jump through many hoops and travel through several transit countries each of which made it difficult for him. When he arrived at Haneda airport in Japan, he only had Pakistani rupees and no exchange would accept them. Hungry and tired he tried his luck at the food court but no one would accept the Pakistani currency. His next flight was from Narita airport an hour away by public transport. To travel he needed to buy a ticket but did not possess any local currency, according to SBS Urdu.

[​IMG]
    Arsalan Ash Siddique (Center)

Arsalan was exhausted and ready to give up his dream when he finally got through to his Japanese sponsors who helped him out. Needless to say he got no help from Pakistani diplomats through his challenging journey.

In spite of visa denials and other travel challenges faced by Pakistani players, the country ranks 25th in the world for players' earnings in 2019, according to esportsearnings.com. Ranked above Pakistan are mainly rich industrialized nations from North America, Europe and East Asia. All South Asian nations rank below Pakistan. Players from India rank 63rd, Sri Lanka 98th, Afghanistan 108th, Bangladesh 115th and Nepal 123rd.

Related Links:

Haq's Musings

South Asia Investor Review

Mobile Game Industry in Pakistan

Pakistani Investors: Invest in Local Tech Startups

Invest in Pakistan Summit in Silicon Valley

Upwardly Mobile Pakistani-Americans

Upwardly Mobile Pakistan

Riaz Haq's Youtube Channel

PakAlumni Social Network

http://www.riazhaq.com/2019/11/pakistani-video-game-player-among.html

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  2. Death Professor

Death Professor FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,905 / -0
    Pakistan
    well we should stop taking credit of others.

Do you consider Shahid Khan a Pakistani or an American, same is the case with Sumail and his brother? Well, he left Pakistan for his own personal achievement, he doesn't care about Pakistan. Sure they have Pakistani origin but they don't represent Pakistan.

Now on the other hand my bois, the beasts, the tekken community of Pakistan. Though they don't earn as much as Dota players but they represent Pakistan. Well to be exact they represent their sponsors. But they haven't left Pakistan, and they do have a lot of national pride.

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  3. Myth_buster_1

Myth_buster_1 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 5,196 / -2
    Pakistan
    What are they suppose to do? run around in Pakistani flags? Thats not how it works.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. Death Professor

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,905 / -0
    Pakistan
    Why not? Aren't they Pakistani E-sport players as the title suggests. As I said before, its disingenuous to call Sumail and his brother Pakistani E-sport player, sure they both are of Pakistani origin but they do not represent Pakistan. Meanwhile the tekken guys on the other hand are Pakistani and yes they do represent their sponsors and Pakistan on the international stage.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Alternatiiv

Alternatiiv SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15 / 4,363 / -0
    Pakistan
    SumaiL's e-sports shirt carries the US flag, I have seen it once carry the Pakistani flag, but that was it.

Read above. The esports uniforms for their teams that the members wear carry flags of their countries, now I don't know if Sumail was given option or company forced it, in either case he choose to drop the origin's country flag.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Myth_buster_1

Ratings:
    +3 / 5,196 / -2
    Pakistan
    So can Afganis who live in Pakistan represent Pakistan by carrying Afgani flag all over the place? Just because you wear a different flag does not mean you have lost all your connection with country of origin.

7. Alternatiiv

Alternatiiv SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15 / 4,363 / -0
    Pakistan
    Your argument makes no sense. Ofcourse the flag you carry at any tournament showcases the country you are representing. What world are you in?

Besides, you wouldn't want this kid to be representing Pakistan anyway. He's arrogant, abusive, and just immature in the esports scene.

8. Death Professor

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,905 / -0
    Pakistan
    Let me elaborate your example for you. If an Afghani comes in Pakistan, gets permanent residence in Pakistan and gets nationality of Pakistan. If he plays for any team of Pakistan, he automatically represents Pakistan, he doesn't even have to carry the flag on his shoulder or shirt, because by default he is representing the country from where his team is coming from.

When did I say that some one lost his connection with the country of origin? You can have a Pakistani origin and still play for Britain, US or whatever but when you do that, you are not representing Pakistan in anyway. You are representing the country which is letting you represent them.

Btw, go through all the replies here and may be you will understand. I can't do much, if you are skipping replies, I even posted the EG video where he says he represents NA. Can't do more.

That's why I like OG team, I cheer for them whenever they play. They have good team environment, better players and play good game. Fun to watch. ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. American Pakistani

American Pakistani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 17,324 / -0
    Pakistan
    He represent American community of Pakistani origin.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  10. Death Professor

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,905 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yeah I could agree with that. True statement. But the title here is not sincere.

11. Myth_buster_1

Ratings:
    +3 / 5,196 / -2
    Pakistan
    Sometimes I dont feel like replying to everything but your statement sums it up well.

12. RiazHaq

RiazHaq SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61 / 5,835 / -0
    Pakistan
  13. Sheikh Rauf

Sheikh Rauf SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,300 / -9
    Pakistan
    Same goes to Mohammad Tahir who is orignally feom Pakistan but he is south african representing SA national cricket team orign doesnt matter we have to see whos getting benifit out of them.
    Mohammad Amir boxer on other hand is out standing example whos representing UK or england but he moraly support Pakistan but title goes to a british player as he is.
    Title sud be pakistani and acheivment of other Pakistanies.