What's new

Pakistan Spaceport Plans! PSDP 2020-2021 Highlights.

kursed

Mar 21, 2007
The only issue I see here that we have a success story of our own, PAEC and the original group that brought nuclear tech to Pakistan, established the base for it and made sure we raised generations of scientists capable of adding value to the program.

But we have since just failed at replicating the example in any other program. Everywhere I look, within the forces or outside. With programs or such. The issue remains the same, people - specially from the previous generation are more of a hurdle than help. And this issue isn’t going away anytime soon.

Aspen

Sep 18, 2019
Country
Pakistan
The only issue I see here that we have a success story of our own, PAEC and the original group that brought nuclear tech to Pakistan, established the base for it and made sure we raised generations of scientists capable of adding value to the program.

But we have since just failed at replicating the example in any other program. Everywhere I look, within the forces or outside. With programs or such. The issue remains the same, people - specially from the previous generation are more of a hurdle than help. And this issue isn’t going away anytime soon.
I think the problem is that in nuclear case, we had to do it by ourselves since no one else will help you, you can't just buy nukes.

In other areas, you can just buy most other military equipment hence Pakistan has a harder time replicating success with PAEC unless it is forced to like nukes.

Ultima Thule

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 26, 2012
Country
Pakistan
I was being sarcastic but yeah I wish I was joking

Not being able to transfer tech within Pakistan is absolutely one of the most basic tasks that we should be able to do. I struggle to understand how any government can be incompetent enough to not fix something like this.

But it does explain many things such as why Pakistan has:

-No Space Program
-No Cyber Program
-No Drone Program
-No Hypersonic Program
-Weak Missile Program
What do you want spend the whole budget of Pakistan on defense????

Nasr

Dec 9, 2018
Country
Pakistan
SUPARCO - Space Infrastructure
- Establishment of Pakistan Space Centre (PSC)
- Feasibility and System Definition Study (FSDS) of Spaceport

- Feasibility and System Definitation Study (FSDS) of Pakistan's Optical Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS-02)
- Pakistan MULTI-MISSION Satellite (PakSat-MMI)
- Feasibility and System Definition Study (FSDS) of Pakistan Satellite Navigation Programme (PSNP)

PAEC:
- Pakistan Research Reactor-3 (10MWth upgradable to 20 MWth)

https://www.pc.gov.pk/uploads/archives/PSDP_2020-21.pdf
My dear friend, space program sounds all nice on paper. However when we live in a country where we have land-mafia, diesel-mafia, lawyer-mafia, judges-mafia, sugar-mafia and wheat-mafia. There is no point in talking about space. You want Pakistan to have a fledgling Space Program? Then Pakistanis must first focus on the systematic destruction of corrupt state officials, bureaucrats, political mafia-groups and corrupt supreme court system.

Why not spend the PKR 5 billion on a standardized, quality education for the 70 million Pakistani children? Why not spend PKR 100 billion on establishing free education for Pakistani children? Why not spend money on sponsoring merit based Pakistani graduates for Higher Education studies abroad. So these students can then return and be offered jobs where they bring their knowledge and spread it to the rest of the 200 million Pakistanis here?

Unless Pakistanis actually make the effort to eliminate corruption in all its shapes and sizes. There is no point talking about space ports, space stations or anything else.

DHSquare

New Recruit

Jul 7, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys,

Any worthwhile updates to share from this critical lil' mass in one dark corner of PDF? Btw, love u guys to the core! May Allah bless aameen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)