• Saturday, December 16, 2017

PAKISTAN LHC judge hails army’s role in ending Faizabad sit-in

Discussion in 'Pakistani Siasat' started by The Eagle, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Irfan Baloch

Irfan Baloch Counterterrorism Expert

Ratings:
    +165 / 33,173 / -0
    Pakistan
    Nawaz and his daughter have been doing it since he was disqualified where he brings thugs with him to the courts and says he doesn't accept the decision of the few because he has the backing of many.

I suspect that the Nawaz party played its part in escalating the situation to a point of chaos. the protesters were given right of passage from Punjab and not nabbed when they were few. the whole change in the wording in the bill was done with malicious intent .
    Nawaz has succeeded to sell it to the west that army and extremists support each other and also succeeded in driving a wedge between judiciary and army.. just see the remarks by the honorable judge of IHC. they must be music to the ears of house of sherif and its cronies

for record, I must state that what the protesters did was lawful and I fully condemn their actions specially the way they caused the mayhem leading to the deaths of some people and loss of private and public property.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Syed.Ali.Haider

Syed.Ali.Haider ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 27,053 / -4
    Pakistan
    Why condemn lawful acts, unless you meant to say unlawful.

3. Irfan Baloch

Ratings:
    +165 / 33,173 / -0
    Pakistan
    on the face of it . it might look like a typo

but now I think of it. there is a suggestion of double negation
    and subconsciously saying something which I didn't intend to.

4. Syed.Ali.Haider

Syed.Ali.Haider ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52 / 27,053 / -4
    Pakistan
    A Freudian slip, perhaps? :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Solomon2

Solomon2 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 8,847 / -18
    United States
    Save for the Freudian(?) slip, this sounds reasonable - but it doesn't account for all the facts. Like why an ISI representative was in the thick of it all. After all, the police response was botched and its preparation had to be an intelligence matter, so the appearance of conflict-of-interest gives weight to the "army and extremists support each other" argument - though I don't see how this supports Nawaz at all.

6. Irfan Baloch

Ratings:
    +165 / 33,173 / -0
    Pakistan
    valid points sir and as a neutral observer i DO SUSPECT our boys had their hand in someway
    blaming nawaz for this chaos is based on his track record in the recent past. he is on collision course with state he and his supporters openly insult the judges even in court premises .. and then they taunt the army and encourage situations to worsen up so that somehow the boys in uniform will loose their patience and make the nawaz a political martyr once again.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. شاھین میزایل

شاھین میزایل SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 3,492 / -2
    Pakistan
    Under article 199 the armed forces are above and beyond high court jurisdiction. So why the high court judges are wasting precious court time by making comments about an institution they cannot do anything about?

wp_ss_20171129_0004.png