• Thursday, May 28, 2020

PAKISTAN Imran Khan attempted to influence Indian election with 'reverse swing

Discussion in 'Central & South Asia' started by Ghessan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Ghessan

Ghessan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 443 / -0
    Pakistan
    THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE > PAKISTAN
    [​IMG]
    Imran Khan attempted to influence Indian election with 'reverse swing': Modi
    SHARE TWEET
    Imran Khan attempted to influence Indian election with 'reverse swing': Modi
    By News Desk
    Published: April 19, 2019
    0SHARES
    SHARE TWEET EMAIL
    [​IMG]

Prime Minister Imran Khan's remarks about BJP win perturbes his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi. PHOTO: FILE

Reacting on Prime Minister Imran Khan’s recent remarks that the Narendra Modi-led party’s victory in the ongoing election will boost chances of peace talks between the two countries, his Indian counterpart said it was an attempt by the former cricketer to influence the polls with his ‘reverse swing’.

“We should not forget that Imran Khan was a cricketer and his recent statement was an attempt at reverse swing to influence Indian elections,” Modi told The Times of India in an interview published on Wednesday.

“However, Indians know how to hit a ‘helicopter shot’ on a reverse swinging delivery,” he added.

PM Imran asks if Indians, Israelis are outraged at their leaders’ ‘moral bankruptcy’

On April 16, Premier Imran while giving an interview to a small group of foreign journalists had said: “If the next Indian government is led by the opposition Congress party, it might be too scared to seek a settlement with Pakistan over Indian-occupied Kashmir (IoK), fearing a backlash from the right.”

He added: “Perhaps if the BJP [Bharatiya Janata Party] – a right wing party — wins, some kind of settlement on Kashmir could be reached.”

Modi also said that Imran had used a slogan targeting him during Pakistan elections, according to a report published in India Today.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/195466...nfluence-indian-elections-reverse-swing-modi/

"helicopter shot" was he talking about "THAT" helicopter shot?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Goenitz

Goenitz SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,722 / -0
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. BHarwana

BHarwana MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 36,340 / -4
    Pakistan
    If we fight him he hates us if we help him he hates us this modi dude has lost his mind. Seriously he is mentally retarted. Imran Khan was talking wisdom and Modi acted completely stupid. Now what Modi has proven from his reply is that he don't needs love from Pakistan but hate to win elections so the more we love modi janu the more he will lose elections lol. Modi just exposed him self by this that he is doing false flag to win elections and dilebrately using anti Pakistan stance to win elections.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cobra Arbok

Cobra Arbok BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 3,195 / -16
    India
    Imran Khan has a degree in political science from Oxford, he knows how Indian politics works. His endorsement of Modi was a gift on a silver platter to Rahul Gandhi after major victories for India under Modi(ie. ASAT launch, successful Nirbhay test, the UNSC openly supporting India on Kashmir, etc.). The fact that Imran Khan would violate protocol by "endorsing" a candidate in another country's election shows he does not want Modi to win, and for good reasons.

Modi knows that IK supporting him is essentially an endorsement of Rahul Gandhi/Congress. Like I said, Imran Khan has a degree from Oxford in political science, he definitely knows how Indian politics works, and there was a reason behind that statement.

5. BHarwana

BHarwana MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 36,340 / -4
    Pakistan
    You are a bit wrong my friend there are many in Pakistan who actually support Modi not because of love but because Modi is destroying India faster than we could have done. Now if Modi comes to power again who will benefit? Pakistan will benefit Imran Khan was actually supporting Modi. Rahul is a secular guy he could not help Pakistan in Indian downfall Modi is our weapon of choice.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Ghessan

Ghessan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 443 / -0
    Pakistan
    IK is actually enjoying and playing with India in the aftermath.

7. Cobra Arbok

Cobra Arbok BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 3,195 / -16
    India
    Those Pakistanis who support Modi must enjoy self harm, since India is stronger than it has ever been. But that is besides the point. Like I said, IK endorsing Modi was an endorsement of Rahul Gandhi. Infact, Gandhi has been shouting that PAkistan supports the BJP. If IK wanted to endorse Modi, he would have endorsed Rahul Gandhi. I am pretty sure you can imagine the field day the BJP would have if Pakistan. India's enemy, endorsed Congress.

8. BHarwana

BHarwana MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 36,340 / -4
    Pakistan
    How can I say Modi is not good for Pakistan? We were sitting in our homes and then came Modi with failed Balakot strikes and gave us all the fame of victory on Feb 2019. How can I say Modi is bad for us? Please help me here? Modi did everything to divide India on religion and ethinic terms so tell me how is Modi bad for us. Before Modi Russia never sold a single bullet to Pakistan and because of Modi's USA centric policy Russia is selling us weapons. We don't know what type of a person Ruhal will be and what his policies will be but Modi he is gem my friend his all policies help Pakistan.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Sine Nomine

Sine Nomine ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 12,152 / -8
    Pakistan
    We know Bharat is good at hitting helicopter.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Cobra Arbok

Cobra Arbok BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 3,195 / -16
    India
    That is a debate for a completely different thread, but as a result of pressure Pakistan's growth has fallen to 3.5%, Pakistan is going to be sanctioned by the FATF due to Indian lobbying, the UNSC now supports India on Kashmir(read the resolution it passed post pulwama), India became the 4th country in the world after US, Russia, and China to test ASAT missile and become a global space superpower, the Nirbhay was finally successfully test fired, etc. Modi also negotiated peace treaties with NE seperatists, and those who refused were defeated in joint Surgical Strikes with Myanmar. I am no fan of Modi, but he has made India stronger than it has ever been.

But that is beside the point. Tell me wouldn't it have made more sense to endorse RG? If he had endorsed Rahul Gandhi, that would have actually been an endorsement for Modi.

11. BHarwana

BHarwana MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 36,340 / -4
    Pakistan
    Pakistani growth rate has nothing to do with anything India has done. This claim of modi is also false. Pakistani growth rate declining is good because Pakistan is trying to reduce it current account deficit and growth rate drops in such acts. Where as modi is making Indian economy into a production less FDI dependent and at the same time destroying business environment in India with ethinic violence.

12. Cobra Arbok

Cobra Arbok BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 3,195 / -16
    India
    You can spin it however you want. still, you have not answered my question, wouldn't it make more sense for IK to endorse Rahul if he wanted Modi to win?

13. 313ghazi

313ghazi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32 / 12,715 / -0
    Pakistan
    Hahaha did he seriously say Helicopter shot?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. BHarwana

BHarwana MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 36,340 / -4
    Pakistan
    India Muslims like Imran Khan very much and he is very popular in India. If you think IK should nuke India to make modi win that will be too extreme my friend. Pakistan don't believe in killing people for politics. Hope modi wins he has our support.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Cobra Arbok

Cobra Arbok BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 3,195 / -16
    India
    From talking to you I can tell you know as much about political science as you do economics, so there is no point in continuing this discussion. Have a good night.