Pakistan foils Indian submarine's bid to enter its waters

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2011
Country
China
Pakistan foils Indian submarine's bid to enter its waters
Xinhua, March 6, 2019

Pakistan on Tuesday foiled an attempt by an Indian Navy submarine to enter its water from south of the country's coast, Pakistani army's media wing Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

The Indian submarine tried to enter into Pakistani waters in Arabian Sea, but the Pakistan navy personnel detected its position, forcing it to retreat back to Indian territory, said the ISPR.

"Pakistan Navy's alert and vigilant presence displayed the capability to deter and safeguard the sea front against any misadventure," it added.

In a separate statement, Pakistani Navy's spokesperson said that foiling Indian navy's plan is a testament of the navy's superior skills. "The Navy will keep defending Pakistan's naval border. The force has the capability to respond to any aggression," the spokesman added.

The navy statement said that Pakistan is sticking to its policy of exercising restraint after the Indian submarine's intrusion. Pakistan wants to give peace a chance, and India should also work towards peace after the incident, it added.

Pakistan and India's relations got tense after a suicide attack targeted Indian security forces in the Indian-controlled Kashmir on Feb. 14. Both sides also engaged in exchanges of firing along the Line of Control and war plane fights.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/2019-03/06/content_74537555.htm

TexasJohn

May 13, 2006
Country
United States
It's just odd that a sub would sail in plain sight if it was planning on intruding. Summin jus' don't smell right here..just saying

rott

May 3, 2013
Country
China
It's just odd that a sub would sail in plain sight if it was planning on intruding. Summin jus' don't smell right here..just saying
I don't know about that. But I did watch a video where the submarine is submerged but behaving like a peeping Tom with its telescope.

Cobra Arbok

BANNED
Aug 5, 2018
Country
India
There has been a pretty good analysis of this in the first thread made on this topic, but to summarize:

1. The sub was in international waters, although probably too close to the Pak EEZ for comfort.
2. Under no circumstance would the IN launch an attack on Pakistan with only one sub. Hence, there are a handful of reasons for the subs deployment:

1. To scout and observe the PN's observations
2. To send a message to Pakistan and potentially engage in psychological warfare
3. To deter countries from trading with PAK or investing in Pak waters(oil exploration)
4. Or, more unlikely, instigate Pak into attacking first so that it would have an excuse to launch a full attack on Pakistan.

Foxtrot Delta

Sep 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
the detected submarine should have been sunk! but i understand pakistan doesn't want to kill indian soldiers in peace time.

Cobra Arbok

BANNED
Aug 5, 2018
Country
India
the detected submarine should have been sunk! but i understand pakistan doesn't want to kill indian soldiers in peace time.
The sub was in international waters, so technically Pak would not have been justified . As I said it was probably just scoting and testing PN's reaction, but there is a small chance the IN was instigating the PN into attacking first. If that was the case, fortunately the PN did not fall for it.

metalfalcon

Feb 22, 2008
Country
Pakistan
The sub was in international waters, so technically Pak would not have been justified . As I said it was probably just scoting and testing PN's reaction, but there is a small chance the IN was instigating the PN into attacking first. If that was the case, fortunately the PN did not fall for it.
Sub was not in international waters it was in Pakistani EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) but not under 23 NMs to allow Pakistan to launch weapons on her. Indians cannot Instigate Pakistanis in making a mistake we are not that stupid on the contrary to what Bollywood and Indian media has fed you with.

Foxtrot Delta

Sep 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I hope when they sink anything it is in close proximity to the border . so that benefit of the doubt is given.

But yea but military men kn both sides of border are very professional and not evil men.

Cobra Arbok

BANNED
Aug 5, 2018
Country
India
I hope when they sink anything it is in close proximity to the border . so that benefit of the doubt is given.

But yea but military men kn both sides of border are very professional and not evil men.
remember the rank and file on both sides are just trying to feed their families and serve their country. It is the higher ups who make the decisions, and they in turn take orders from the politicians.

Anyway, i think anything within 100 miles is fair game.

Jun 15, 2016
Country
Netherlands
That is what you said about shooting down the fighters and capturing the pilots. We all know how that ended up.

Foxtrot Delta

Sep 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
remember the rank and file on both sides are just trying to feed their families and serve their country. It is the higher ups who make the decisions, and they in turn take orders from the politicians.
I take higher ups and ground foot soldiers as equal and one, atleast in pakistan they act as a unit.

I think its the same on the otherside. Just protecting national interest. But whoever is on agressing side , naturally has to loose alot that includes image and prestige internationally.

If sensible people like imran khan are incharge i see nothing but hope for our region called south asia.

Cobra Arbok

BANNED
Aug 5, 2018
Country
India
I take higher ups and ground foot soldiers as equal and one, atleast in pakistan they act as a unit.

I think its the same on the otherside. Just protecting national interest. But whoever is on agressing side , naturally has to loose alot that includes image and prestige internationally.

If sensible people like imran khan are incharge i see nothing but hope for our region called south asia.
I think things will definitely cool down after the election. Remember Indian PMs are limited to two terms, so if Modi is re-elected(a big if at this point) he would be able to soften his tone on Pakistan without worrying about losing votes of hard-liners. Anyway, I am optimistic cooler heads will eventually prevail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)