What's new

Pakistan eyes $87b worth of inflows.

Ghessan

Feb 28, 2018
Country
Pakistan

i read this news yesterday but i am suspicious of such achievement, no wonder i may be wrong but as the article says much dependent on IMF program to continue smoothly which is on hiccups due to certain refusal by the govt about tax increase. hopes for the best.

hydrabadi_arab

Jul 31, 2015
Country
Pakistan

i read this news yesterday but i am suspicious of such achievement, no wonder i may be wrong but as the article says much dependent on IMF program to continue smoothly which is on hiccups due to certain refusal by the govt about tax increase. hopes for the best.
$38b exports, $31b remittances and $14b loans.

Ghessan

Feb 28, 2018
Country
Pakistan
$38b exports, $31b remittances and $14b loans.
well i hope we have exports this much and keep increasing in phases. the problem is our regional exports is too low, we are not competitive in the region due to cost of production mainly effected by power tariff.

besides we still could not took the advantage of Chinese market. hopefully with SEZ's we will improve inshAllah.

govt must do some really good efforts to increase regional exports we are in trade deficit with almost all the regional countries except Afghanistan.

remittances may increase as Pakistan in talk with KSA for 400K workers sitting in their homes could go back to the kingdom and work, it will be followed by UAE also. so we can expect an increase in those remittances.

Crimson Blue

Nov 7, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Hmm. Even after mentioning all the increases in exports of good & services, this article still had negative slant to it. In line with spirit of Pakistani journalism.

Anyhow, these numbers look a bit too optimistic.

FuturePAF

Dec 17, 2014
Country
Pakistan
well i hope we have exports this much and keep increasing in phases. the problem is our regional exports is too low, we are not competitive in the region due to cost of production mainly effected by power tariff.

besides we still could not took the advantage of Chinese market. hopefully with SEZ's we will improve inshAllah.

govt must do some really good efforts to increase regional exports we are in trade deficit with almost all the regional countries except Afghanistan.

remittances may increase as Pakistan in talk with KSA for 400K workers sitting in their homes could go back to the kingdom and work, it will be followed by UAE also. so we can expect an increase in those remittances.
Pakistan should consider importing electricity from Iran, instead of building more power plants. Transmissions lines from Iran can be put up relatively quickly (compared to building more power plants) and we could buy only that amount of electricity we need when we need it. Iran gets to burn it fossil fuels inside its own country, not having to export it, and only sell us the electricity. The more electricity we need the more power plants they could build, especially as our population grows.

we could negotiate a contract that allows to buy electricity at competitive prices, and help lower our cost of doing business.

RangeMaster

Dec 25, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should consider importing electricity from Iran, instead of building more power plants. Transmissions lines from Iran can be put up relatively quickly (compared to building more power plants) and we could buy only that amount of electricity we need when we need it. Iran gets to burn it fossil fuels inside its own country, not having to export it, and only sell us the electricity. The more electricity we need the more power plants they could build, especially as our population grows.

we could negotiate a contract that allows to buy electricity at competitive prices, and help lower our cost of doing business.
So Iran can cut off electricity and bring Pakistan to knees if required.
Main problem here is transmission lines. Once this issue is solved there won't be any power outrages. We are already producing what we need, in addition 4000+800+800+860+600 MWs of under construction dams. And 2000+MW of coal+nuclear+solar. Electricity shortage won't be an issue in near future, Problems in transmission system is.

Sainthood 101

Jul 24, 2021
Country
Pakistan
So Iran can cut off electricity and bring Pakistan to knees if required.
Main problem here is transmission lines. Once this issue is solved there won't be any power outrages. We are already producing what we need, in addition 4000+800+800+860+600 MWs of under construction dams. And 2000+MW of coal+nuclear+solar. Electricity shortage won't be an issue in near future, Problems in transmission system is.
They're really chummy with India too...

Last countries Pak should trust are indian friends, you don't need to be hostile ofcourse but depending on them is out of the question

Crimson Blue

Nov 7, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should consider importing electricity from Iran, instead of building more power plants. The more electricity we need the more power plants they could build, especially as our population grows.
Another pro Iranian post of PDF.
First Iran has to stop cross border raids and stop giving shelter to terrorists like BLA & Uzair Baloch.

FuturePAF

Dec 17, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Another pro Iranian post of PDF.
First Iran has to stop cross border raids and stop giving shelter to terrorists like BLA & Uzair Baloch.
I think you misread me. :what:
keep your friends close and your enemies closer (although Iran is as much an enemy as it makes itself, Pakistan doesn’t seem interested in opening a front against Iran or supporting those that do, from what I have observed).

Iran needs to be weaned off India (to a certain degree) and enticed to stop undermining Pakistani interests. What better way then through financial entanglements when they need the money. Leveraging our location to link China and Iran logistically, as well as our electricity needs seems the best way, when India is clearly tilting towards Anti-Iranian nations.

Last edited:

CIA Mole

May 1, 2019
Country
United States
I think you misread me. :what:
keep your friends close and your enemies closer (although Iran is as much an enemy as it makes itself, Pakistan doesn’t seem interested in opening a front against Iran or supporting those that do, from what I have observed).

Iran needs to be weaned off India (to a certain degree) and enticed to stop undermining Pakistani interests. What better way then through financial entanglements when they need the money. Leveraging our location to link China and Iran logistically, as well as our electricity needs seems the best way, when India is clearly tilting towards Anti-Iranian nations.

How you going to secure all these long logistics

cartels hit oil pipelines in mexico and steal billions

FuturePAF

Dec 17, 2014
Country
Pakistan
How you going to secure all these long logistics

cartels hit oil pipelines in mexico and steal billions
Overlap it with CPEC infrastructure and use the force dedicated to protecting CPEC to also guard these power lines, rail/road corridors and pipelines. If Pakistan is going to shift from geopolitics to geoeconomics, the military will have to dedicate the manpower to guard it, from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

CIA Mole

May 1, 2019
Country
United States
Overlap it with CPEC infrastructure and use the force dedicated to protecting CPEC to also guard these power lines, rail/road corridors and pipelines. If Pakistan is going to shift from geopolitics to geoeconomics, the military will have to dedicate the manpower to guard it, from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I have doubts the Chinese can even do this

They haven’t no experience in the region or war in general

FuturePAF

Dec 17, 2014
Country
Pakistan
I have doubts the Chinese can even do this

They haven’t no experience in the region or war in general
...Chinese...No, I meant the Pakistan Army defending GLOC through Pakistan. It will be tough, but it’s what needs to be done if CPEC and all other Geoeconomics logistics are going to work. A reorganization and re-equipping of the FC as well as all provincial Police forces to take on this mission have to be done, IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom