What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

vi-va

Jan 23, 2019
Country
China
Pakistan made mistake by buying these VT 4 They don't offer anything against future warfare we did hurry to buy them rather waited for tech innovation like panther tank atleast we could have waited for longer to use those tech if panther in our future tank Al Khalid 2

No kidding. I don't see major innovation in Panther tank at all. I only see overengineered tank, extremely expensive, 20 round.

Beast

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2011
Country
China
No kidding. I don't see major innovation in Panther tank at all. I only see overengineered tank, extremely expensive, 20 round.
Precisely, beside slightly bigger gun. The engine is the same HP and same as transmission. As for next gen network, there is yet to have any breakthru of what their marketing claim.

waz

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 15, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan made mistake by buying these VT 4 They don't offer anything against future warfare we did hurry to buy them rather waited for tech innovation like panther tank atleast we could have waited for longer to use those tech if panther in our future tank Al Khalid 2

Don’t write such outlandish posts.

iLION12345_1

May 1, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Type-15 doesn't.
Type 15 is not an MBT. Nor does it have a 125MM Gun.

But were there any demands to make it wider, for future, at least? Cause few of my Chinese friends said NORINCO working on it "right now" for export VT's)

About it's length, It's shorter, than 760mm, because of separate place for shell and charge, the limit for shell part should be ~690mm.

And judging on those leaked DTC10-125 data, it should be around ~10-15mm bigger than DTW-125/BTA-4 (~580mm rod) :)
There has been no open interest or data about China making new auto-loaders or bigger ammo so far. I’m certain they’re working on it, China surely has the money and expertise to make them, but tanks are not a high priority for China unlike fighter jets and Ships. I doubt VT-4 will get a bigger auto-loader and new ammo soon, but we might see it in a local (as in for the PLA) tank.

I meant to say 680MM, 760MM was a typo, I was thinking of something else.

I have seen the DTC-10 “leaked photos and data” many times, it has a longer penetrator yes, the overall ammo length is still the same as BTA-4. Means something else was made shorter.
It is still a short rod penetrator with likely only marginal improvement in penetration. It can be used in VT-4, ZTZ-96B and ZTZ-99A. This also points to the fact that it’s not longer than 680MM.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom