What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Yasser76

Mar 28, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Discussion: Pros and Cons of basing a PAF fighter squadron at Skardu Airbase permanently?

I would say

1) Supply - Everything has to be moved in by air
2) It is a small base, limited number of HAS, so extensive money to be spent on this and storage faclities, accomodation etc
3) Very high up - Humans will find it harder to work and human effectiveness can be degraded in such conditions
4) Unsure if it may even be with Indian long range artillery range eventually
5) Surrounding mountains give limited radar coverage and can hide attacking planes

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 15, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Discussion: Pros and Cons of basing a PAF fighter squadron at Skardu Airbase permanently?
Necessary for war time readiness but costly given the geographic and might not be operational during winters. Land approach mostly cut off during winter and PAF will have to spend more than usual to maintain operational readiness however, the point has important role for the North covering given the geographic location.

arjunk

Apr 16, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Given the terrain, there is the potential for large underground tunnels/storage/rooms. As long as appropriate climate control technology is present (we could ask the Chinese for some), it should be fine.

CombatSurgeon

New Recruit

Dec 23, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Necessary for war time readiness but costly given the geographic and might not be operational during winters. Land approach mostly cut off during winter and PAF will have to spend more than usual to maintain operational readiness however, the point has important role for the North covering given the geographic location.
Land approach is okay during winters. Only issue is whether we need a permanent base there and whether we could afford it. To be honest, Skardu is offset by three and possibly four enemy airbases.

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Apr 24, 2007
Country
Pakistan
New Chief of the Air Staff to take #Command on 19 March 2021.
List of Contenders
- Air Marshal Syed Noman Ali, Chairman PAC
- Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmad Babar, DCAS Administration
- Air Marshal Javad Saeed, DCAS Air Defence
- Air Marshal Muhammad Haseeb Paracha, DCAS (Support)
#PAF
IMG_20210311_085940.jpeg

Hodor

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
May 31, 2016
Country
Pakistan
:undecided:
Yaar, I haven't seen a girl this closely (in a long time) as I've tried to see this image.

Must be rusty or old age is catching up on me.

Find a way to, ehh, point out what I'm looking for/at.
One of them is wearing your designed patches.. :-)

Very interesting. The guys from that day
Didn't participate though

it does not look like REK ...or H-4; PAF 15th Squadron is named Cobra & equipped with Mirage-V [I think non ROSE mirage jets .... ???]

this appear some thing similar to Flying wing design .... ??? strange ...
That's an H4 with wings deployed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom