Discussion: Pros and Cons of basing a PAF fighter squadron at Skardu Airbase permanently?
I would say
1) Supply - Everything has to be moved in by air
2) It is a small base, limited number of HAS, so extensive money to be spent on this and storage faclities, accomodation etc
3) Very high up - Humans will find it harder to work and human effectiveness can be degraded in such conditions
4) Unsure if it may even be with Indian long range artillery range eventually
5) Surrounding mountains give limited radar coverage and can hide attacking planes