What's new

Pakistan: after the flood comes anger

Gentle Typhoon

Jun 25, 2010
I cannot see the video, can someone sum it up.

Video starts from Nowshehra, Khalid Khan (soft spoken educated uncle, kinda resembles Imran Khan way he speaks) explains - Corruption multiplied by the absence of governance, very very big concern, thats why people are not trusting government, look at the people like I mean who suffered earth quake 2005, They didnt get the promised aid or promised help, based on that experience people have little hope from this government.

Now team arrives in Balakot (Kashmir), Mohd. Ashraf explains at that time (Earth quake 2005) they promised help, we know Foreigners gave money, but we havnt seen any of it. In Balakot 5000 families have been in same situation since 5 years, living in tents. Govt promised to build brand new city courtesy of foreign donors, but since then not a single stone is laid, the entire project is stalled. Our tents can't stand snow, its too hard for children, next winter those who lost home in recent floods, could well suffer same fate.

Economic outlooks very bleak, danger is that people may turn to violance. They will be having no other choice.

People accepted their fate, and what struck me also was the visit to several mosques during the floods and the imams in mosque each time they preached, explained to people that these floods were caused by their own sins and infact these floods were due to Pakistani's themselves and this probably explains why they made people feel guilty, it explains why the Pakistani people hasnt rebelled against government.

It also mentioned about Lashkar-e-taiba etc recruiting people.

Gentle Typhoon

Jun 25, 2010
what else can you expect from a corrupt democratic government?

In 2005 was Zardari in power? I think it was Mushy. International donors gave the Pakistan government $ 6.2 billion in aid after the 2005 earthquake. President Pervez Musharraf promised to use the aid to build a model city for the residents of Balakot, a town levelled by the quake but since then not a single stone is laid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom