• Thursday, June 20, 2019

Featured Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Discussion in 'Middle East & Africa' started by Horus, Mar 26, 2015.

  1. Hindustani78

    Hindustani78 ELITE MEMBER

    Messages:
    39,357
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2014
    Ratings:
    +5 / 12,557 / -7
    Country:
    India
    Location:
    Lithuania
    DUBAI: The Saudi-led coalition said on Friday that four ships headed to Yemen’s Hodeidah have been granted access to the port while seven other vessels were waiting for permission to enter.
    [​IMG]
    Red Sea port of Hodeidah, Yemen June 24, 2018. (Reuters)

    [​IMG]
    one arrived Sept. 28 with 10,955 tons of diesel and 9,025 tons of petrol. (File/AFP)

    Cargo ships and oil tankers at Yemen’s Hodeidah port

    10 cargo ships and oil tankers in Hodeidah port, Saudi state-news channel Al-Ekhbariya reported, citing the Yemeni government.

    Minister of Local Administration and head of the Higher Relief Committee, Abdul-Sareq Fatah,the minister said among the ships

    One arrived Sept. 28 with 10,955 tons of diesel and 9,025 tons of petrol, while another ship arrived on Oct. 3 carrying 5,700 tons of flour and sugar, according to a statement issued by Yemen's official news agency.

    *********

     
  2. yavar

    yavar SENIOR MEMBER

    Messages:
    4,466
    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 7,842 / -5
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SubWater

    SubWater SENIOR MEMBER

    Messages:
    2,532
    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 3,768 / -8
    Country:
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    Location:
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    Bravo
     
  4. raptor22

    raptor22 SENIOR MEMBER

    Messages:
    5,689
    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Ratings:
    +9 / 10,286 / -0
    Country:
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    Location:
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
     
  5. Hindustani78

    Hindustani78 ELITE MEMBER

    Messages:
    39,357
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2014
    Ratings:
    +5 / 12,557 / -7
    Country:
    India
    Location:
    Lithuania
    WASHINGTON:, November 10, 2018 07:51 IST
    Updated: November 10, 2018 07:52 IST

    In a statement released by the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA), said it had decided to request an end to U.S. aerial refueling for its operations in Yemen because it could now handle it by itself.

    A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Washington supported the Saudi decision.

    Critics of the Saudi campaign - including Democrats who won control of the House of Representatives in elections on Tuesday - have long questioned U.S. involvement in the war, which has killed more than 10,000 people, displaced more than 2 million and led to widespread famine in Yemen since it began in 2015.

    “We shouldn't be supporting coalition war crimes and the enemies war crimes and I look forward to continuing to scrutinize the U.S.'s role in Yemen when were in the majority next Congress.”

    More time for bombers

    The Pentagon, State Department and White House declined to comment.

    Earlier this year, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis defended U.S. military support to Saudi-led coalition forces in Yemen, when lawmakers weighed forcing the Pentagon to end Washington's involvement in the conflict.

    Mr. Mattis argued that halting U.S. military support could increase civilian casualties, since U.S. refueling had given pilots more time to select their targets. He told them cutting off support could jeopardize cooperation on counter-terrorism and reduce American influence with Saudi Arabia.

    Mr. Mattis also argued it would embolden the Iran-aligned Houthi rebels, who have fired missiles at Saudi Arabia and targeted commercial and military vessels off Yemens coast.

    A halt to refueling could have little practical effect on the war. U.S. officials told Reuters only a fifth of Saudi-led coalition aircraft require in-air refueling from the United States.

    In recent weeks, Mattis has appeared to voice a growing sense of urgency toward ending the conflict. At the end of October, Mattis joined U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in calling for a ceasefire.