• Monday, November 18, 2019

Official Confirmation: Saudi Arabia has Indeed Bought 150 Pakistani Al-Khalid Tanks

Discussion in 'Arab Defence Forum' started by Mosamania, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Horus

Horus ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +400 / 93,745 / -0
    Pakistan
    Please introduce yourself and if you have any military experience. Thanks

Here > Members Introduction

2. Donatello

Donatello PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +24 / 11,214 / -1
    Pakistan
    Just like when you go for an X-ray, you are supposed to cover your vital organs from any unintended exposure, there are guidelines on how to use the DU rounds. Ammunition is not like a tennis ball, that you are going to play catch with. The added environment risk does come with it's advantages....the penetrating power of a DU. BTW, war was never an environment friendly way of dealing with issues.

3. Dr.Thrax

Dr.Thrax FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,593 / -1
    Syrian Arab Republic
    I've been on this form since November, but I guess I did forget to introduce myself.

4. Horus

Horus ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +400 / 93,745 / -0
    Pakistan
    That's right, down here though, we are using 125mm as a standard round through smoothbore gun developed by Pakistan. The new VT-4 prototype we are testing under Al-Haider program also has a 125mm gun. On the artillery side, we are going to have a standard 155mm round, including guided rounds. KSA has huge budget, it can afford to have a diverse set of options for its ammunition.

5. SipahSalar

SipahSalar SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 3,679 / -1
    Pakistan
    @Dr.Thrax I agree with you on KSA having options. They have a huge budget so I don't know why they went for Al-Khalids. They may be looking for some inter-operability between KSA and Pak forces I suspect.

6. Dr.Thrax

Dr.Thrax FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,593 / -1
    Syrian Arab Republic
    True, and I suspect Pakistan getting possibly involved with Yemen also has something to do with it. Saudi were denied their Leopards, but they definitely had the chance to go for Leclercs, something the UAE were able to do. The Leclerc is really good. They could've also gone for the K2 Black Panther. But I guess Al-Khalid is a good change in the Saudi military philosophy, a small change there won't hurt.

7. KingMamba

KingMamba ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 19,344 / -3
    Pakistan
    150 is a small order, I agree with the Saudi dude who said it was a political buy.

8. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +84 / 49,463 / -13
    Pakistan
    Saudis are not idiot to do politcan buying they have been testing this Tank for years and it has performed better than Russian and few western Tanks because it is specially designed for Desert. Hardly any other Tank is designed for this purpose

9. Super Falcon

Super Falcon ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,101 / -5
    Pakistan
    Still I doubt it no pics of AK with Saudis I think our friend live in dreams