No apparel order will be cancelled, Swedish PM assures Hasina

Black_cats

Dec 31, 2010
No apparel order will be cancelled, Swedish PM assures Hasina

RMG
TBS Report
29 April, 2020, 04:10 pm
Last modified: 29 April, 2020, 05:25 pm

https://tbsnews.net/economy/rmg/no-apparel-order-will-be-cancelled-swedish-pm-assures-hasina-75238

Sweden has decided not to cancel any apparel orders from Bangladesh.

The Prime Minister of Sweden Stefan Lofven made the assurance during a phone call with Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina this afternoon.

Confirming the matter to The Business Standard, prime minister's press secretary Ihsanul Karim said, Sheikh Hasina informed him that all export-oriented garment factories have been opened in compliance with health guidelines.

During the 15-minute conversation, he said, the two leaders discussed trade and business issues, particularly the RMG sector.

"We are hopeful that we could meet the orders of the RMG products of the international buyers including Sweden despite the present situation caused by the coronavirus outbreak," Sheikh Hasina said.

In this connection, the Swedish premier assured that his country won't cancel any order of Bangladesh regarding the RMG products.

"We'll continue importing RMG products from Bangladesh," he said.

Bangladesh exported apparels to Sweden worth $492.72 million in FY 2016-17, $533.09 million in FY 2017-18 and $652.33 million in 2018-19.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
That's it - we're buying Gripens now for sure! For that matter bring out the Viggens and Drakens from storage - we'll buy those too. ;-)

BTW Can you guys believe the Draken was developed in 1955? It does not look like it'd be earlier vintage than the 1980's. My favorite fighter for looks for sure.

On topic - I believe the only large company from Sweden that buys our apparel is H&M, I don't know there might be others like IKEA who buy a lot of home textiles and towels etc. Same from India and Pakistan.

The CEO of H&M already assured BGMEA (Rubana Huq) that H&M orders under her instructions won't be canceled.

Avicenna

Oct 18, 2016
Country
United States
Draken definitely looks futuristic.

And Viggen for that matter.

It’s a shame Bangladesh doesn’t look at Gripen more seriously.

Would be a nice single seat OPTION along with Eireye and associated systems.

Michael Corleone

Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
That's it - we're buying Gripens now for sure! For that matter bring out the Viggens and Drakens from storage - we'll buy those too. ;-)

BTW Can you guys believe the Draken was developed in 1955? It does not look like it'd be earlier vintage than the 1980's. My favorite fighter for looks for sure.

On topic - I believe the only large company from Sweden that buys our apparel is H&M, I don't know there might be others like IKEA who buy a lot of home textiles and towels etc. Same from India and Pakistan.

The CEO of H&M already assured BGMEA (Rubana Huq) that H&M orders under her instructions won't be canceled.
They still have these in storage? Interesting.
Tbh if someone said draken is a fourth gen fighter, I would believe him

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
They still have these in storage? Interesting.
Tbh if someone said draken is a fourth gen fighter, I would believe him
SAAB was so ahead of its time - it is incomprehensible. They spent the right amount of money with retaining the right talent, with great results. These are some of the 1955 vintage fighter jets in the rest of the world, just as a comparison...collection of the weird and strange...

Lockheed F94 Starfire (USAF)

McDonnell F2H-3 Banshee (Canadian Naval Aviation - for their aircraft carrier)

Su-7 Fitter (Soviet Union)

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
I wonder if this thread is about airplane and jet. People should understand their respective places among the minds of others and know where to place what topic.

Michael Corleone

Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
SAAB was so ahead of its time - it is incomprehensible. They spent the right amount of money with retaining the right talent, with great results. These are some of the 1955 vintage fighter jets in the rest of the world, just as a comparison...collection of the weird and strange...

Lockheed F94 Starfire (USAF)

McDonnell F2H-3 Banshee (Canadian Naval Aviation - for their aircraft carrier)

Su-7 Fitter (Soviet Union)
The Lockheed is similar to the p80 before it. I have huge respect for the engineer (Kelly Johnson) who developed the aircraft in 90 days. It served until the 1990s as jet trainer in USAF

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
The Lockheed is similar to the p80 before it. I have huge respect for the engineer (Kelly Johnson) who developed the aircraft in 90 days. It served until the 1990s as jet trainer in USAF
Yes I believe Pakistan had P80's or F80's in the Air Force. In Fact Pakistan was the first Air Force in all of Asia to induct jets - Supermarine Attackers.

But I regress - enough of this off topic discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)