What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan needs to get around 100 J-16s to defend its border. J-16 is more capable fighter jet than J-10 and more stealthy as well. China won't sell J-20s or J-31 anytime soon so J-16s are probably the best fighter China can sell.
A 100 J-16's?

How to you plan on financing 'em - let alone keep 'em flying.

Not certain how JetA-1 Fuel works, but it is my belief that dual-engines + the weight of the Jet requires more than a conventional single engine like the ones in our inventory.

Any clue the difference in price tag between the J-16 & the J-10...

Bottomline, J-16 is never going to be an option for PAF. I know a lot of guys here talk about its possibilities, but their dreams are in line with F-35's from the US. Lets try to stay on Planet Earth for once.

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't make sense at all. What's stopping us from increasing JF-17 production? It's not a lack a capacity but money. Why do you think ordering more J-10s will somehow bypass that bottleneck, not to mention each will not only cost more, include all the infrastructure for parts/training it will cost even more.

Because - the problem is actually money - Pakistan can get cheap loans to buy lots of J10Cs, but it has to find full hard money upfront to buy JF17s as it has to self-fund - and Pakistan cannot do that right now. That is why the VT4s and Type 054A/P, HQ-9P's were procured in numbers recently - discounted prices coupled with cheap longterm loans.

Tis is the achielles heel of attempts to "Make in Pakistan", ie lack of money in Pakistan ...

Abid123

Jan 1, 2021
Country
Pakistan
A 100 J-16's?

How to you plan on financing 'em - let alone keep 'em flying.

Not certain how JetA-1 Fuel works, but it is my belief that dual-engines + the weight of the Jet requires more than a conventional single engine like the ones in our inventory.

Any clue the difference in price tag between the J-16 & the J-10...

Bottomline, J-16 is never going to be an option for PAF. I know a lot of guys here talk about its possibilities, but their dreams are in line with F-35's from the US. Lets try to stay on Planet Earth for once.
PAF cant maintain a large fleet of J-16 but 2 squadrons(36 jets) is possible for PAF.

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Because - the problem is actually money - Pakistan can get cheap loans to buy lots of J10Cs, but it has to find full hard money upfront to buy JF17s as it has to self-fund - and Pakistan cannot do that right now. That is why the VT4s and Type 054A/P, HQ-9P's were procured in numbers recently - discounted prices coupled with cheap longterm loans.

Tis is the achielles heel of attempts to "Make in Pakistan", ie lack of money in Pakistan ...
That is a wrong assessment on ur part.

The only reason for buying all this Chinese stuff of the shelf is, due to the threat matrix steering Pakistan in the face.
Which compels Pakistan to upgrade its military hardware quickly. When u have thousands of tanks n hundreds of ac to replace, the only way to do so quickly is to buy off the shelf

Last edited:

GriffinsRule

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I'd say the Radar is weak too. AESA would be a boost. But that is like saying the Aim-120D would be a boost too.

😏 THAT might not be accurate (after all). I know you're not a fan of the J-10, and i'm not one of those who puts a timeline on certain things. But you'll be surprised in early 2022.
Time will tell. And final delivery is not the first aircraft of the batch ..

Riz

Jan 20, 2010
Country
Pakistan
We need 100 these beasts , which is enough to conquer whole india in few hours 8-)
920761FF-C9AE-40BE-A5E3-111479DA9099.jpeg

I too was surprised, but I trust the person who brought it up
Which post you are referring bro ?

Signalian

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Aug 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
In Peace time, could be 2+2 ( 2 BVR and 2 Short range weapons) but CAPs in war time, it will be 4+2 ( In combination of 2 Long Range BVR + 2 Medium Range BVR + 2 Short Range AAM). Like an F-16's normal load for Fighter Sweep or Air Superiority role.
No more than six AAMs in any case. A self defense pod, a towed decoy and built in IRST would be good along with 2-3 fuel tanks.

denel

PROFESSIONAL
Jul 12, 2013
Country
South Africa
The writing on the wall about Block-72 Vipers for PAF....

Regardless of how much we call it a cooperation on highest level for helping US out of Afghanistan but it is US/NATO defeat and they know. About PAF getting Block-72 Vipers; US has already chosen their actors in Asia and we have a lot of work in this regard. My observation may remain something new on part of commoners but, big wigs have already seen it coming and this is not something shocking rather the work was started to diversify since almost a decade ago.
Your conclusion is valid; US has already aligned and set its rights on Far East containment; the older cold war alignment are over. The nail in the coffin was OBL.

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Aug 19, 2010
Country
China
Two Question
1: Are they semi stealth?
2:Is flying Stick on the right side or center?

1) It has lower RCS than heavy fighters like F-15/Flankers but I don’t think it makes too big of a difference when external load is factored in.
2) It uses center stick. Chinese aircraft only switched to right stick with J-20.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
We need 100 these beasts , which is enough to conquer whole india in few hours 8-) View attachment 797512
a. You do know that THAT ☝ is a Block 50...
b. I love the Viper. Anyone who has seen my Channel knows that.

But I just don't know or fail to understand why the conversation of the Block 70's keeps coming up - like a regular feature.

The 1st Customer (Bahrain) have to now wait for the first Test Aircraft to be rolled out late next year (2022) with Flight Testing in 2023 & delivery sometime in 2024.

So, unless miraculously we somehow get a hold of something that doesn't exists - why the talk on Block 70's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom