What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

SABRE

Apr 16, 2007
Country
Pakistan
China will not sell J-16 because SAC production of J-16 is demanded from PLAAF where every unit would be taken by PLAAF rather than allowed to be sold unless a few factory is opened up just for PAF but then PAF will need to order a lot of J-16. Nor would PAF buy J-16 since it is much more expensive than J-10 and PAF doesn't really need J-16 sort of range. PAF is looking for air superiority fighter and not multirole so half of J-16's strength in air to ground is wasted. PAF would find more efficient air to ground with investment into drones than expensive to maintain large multirole fighters which require two pilots to be trained and supported.

J-16D as a small batch of special mission aircraft is maybe simply because it fulfills a requirement, certainly more likely than J-16 fighter being sold and bought. However J-16D would not be a new fighter for PAF filling air superiority role then. So this would be aside if it is ever even considered.
Probably one of the most educated posts. Except, it is my opinion, that PAF is not looking for air superiority fighter but a multirole aircraft that could be configured according to mission profile. I cannot, however, say which aircraft that should, could or would be. Most people leaning on J-10C because it sounds politically and economically logical. Those looking at things from 'national prestige' and 'regional or international power' perspective are adamant that J-16 should be inducted. In the end, everyone is just plucking options from thin air.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
China will not sell J-16 because SAC production of J-16 is demanded from PLAAF where every unit would be taken by PLAAF rather than allowed to be sold unless a few factory is opened up just for PAF but then PAF will need to order a lot of J-16. Nor would PAF buy J-16 since it is much more expensive than J-10 and PAF doesn't really need J-16 sort of range. PAF is looking for air superiority fighter and not multirole so half of J-16's strength in air to ground is wasted. PAF would find more efficient air to ground with investment into drones than expensive to maintain large multirole fighters which require two pilots to be trained and supported.

J-16D as a small batch of special mission aircraft is maybe simply because it fulfills a requirement, certainly more likely than J-16 fighter being sold and bought. However J-16D would not be a new fighter for PAF filling air superiority role then. So this would be aside if it is ever even considered.
You can never predict what PAF needs or is thinking it needs. PAF unlike many other Air Forces doesn't like to reveal its future ambitions. They out of the blue order things. So never say never. Although I agree right now it doesn't look like it would happen.

Shabi1

Apr 17, 2006
Country
Pakistan
PAF must to not ask to Lockheed Martin
I said PAC must study about Delta Wings.
The double delta has merits and demerits. Has more fuel load and thus range but in a dog fight it will bleed energy quicker. Its more suited for a pure strike platform, PAF wants multirole performance. Delta+ canard is a more well rounded approach and could see PAF operation if we ever get the J-10C. Then again can argue with HOBS missiles fighter aircraft no longer needs to be very maneuverable. The XL style wings and TVC were offered for Blk-60 but ultimately conventional layout was opted as even the UAE gov thought it would have been too high. Further more in order to avoid customization LM has said they will go for common F-16V profile for future F-16s. So with regards to PAF it could be studied part of Azm research just as we saw YF-23 models in some PAC video, but the XL concept for PAF is a no go.

If you are a fan of the XL it might actually be revisited by the US as the new clean sheet design being rumored to make up for reduced F-35 numbers. They could have ordered more F-16 latest variants or opted coproduction of Gripen NG but will be more profitable for the manufacturers and congressmen if a new design made.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

Mar 3, 2016
Country
France
WAR?

With China?

What're you smokin', my man?

China isn't: Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Syria.

If there is a war, China will pump out Submarines, Jets & Aircraft Carriers just like the US pumps out Soda Cans.

The US knows full well, its a Lose - Lose situation if they're havin' a wet dream goin' up against China.
Taiwan will be the next war theatre.
A limited conflict, short in time, very dense, without nukes, where China and USA want to show muscles.
I see several naval battles, with US SSN and far away some carriers, and the Chinese fleet.
My pronostic? A deep defeat for China, as the US SSN are masters of the sea. The USA will not be fool enough to risk their precious carriers.
Not to mention that there is a big chance of internal unrest in a decades time in US was it transitions from white majority to white minority.
Same problem than in some european country (like France) with african migrants and immigrants. But at the end it will be like in south africa : the economical power will always remains in white hands.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
My pronostic? A deep defeat for China, as the US SSN are masters of the sea. The USA will not be fool enough to risk their precious carriers.
I'm not doubting the capabilities of US Navy, but the associating 'Deep Defeat' with China is laughable.

And if it becomes anything near a 'Limited Conflict', Taiwan is the one that is gonna bear the burden once the US retreat. Oh wait, that is what has happened in the past countless decades.

Underestimating China might be Political Suicide not to mention the effect it will have on the forces when they get beaten to a pulp.

My prognostic - US will continue to do what they have for decades & keep their presence felt in Taiwan & some G-digit Summit will put a lid on it.

China's supply chain is so massive, that if the US picks a fight, they're the ones who are gonna be the bigger losers. This isn't about moving the iPhone Factory to India...

BON PLAN

Mar 3, 2016
Country
France
This isn't about moving the iPhone Factory to India...
Because it's the Apple wish.
See Huawei, see 5G equipment : all ban from main west country.

With the rise in cost of container travel, and the rise of wages in China, the labour will at least partially come back from China.
Add to that the chinese people is getting old, so less manpower...

The best days of China are over. I don't say they will fall, but it's the end of the fool growing.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
The best days of China are over. I don't say they will fall, but it's the end of the fool growing.
Yes, that seems to West's wet-dream.

But I'll leave you with a quote that you of all should be very familiar with.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."

Khaqan Humayun

Jun 30, 2013
Country
Pakistan
The double delta has merits and demerits. Has more fuel load and thus range but in a dog fight it will bleed energy quicker. Its more suited for a pure strike platform, PAF wants multirole performance. Delta+ canard is a more well rounded approach and could see PAF operation if we ever get the J-10C. Then again can argue with HOBS missiles fighter aircraft no longer needs to be very maneuverable. The XL style wings and TVC were offered for Blk-60 but ultimately conventional layout was opted as even the UAE gov thought it would have been too high. Further more in order to avoid customization LM has said they will go for common F-16V profile for future F-16s. So with regards to PAF it could be studied part of Azm research just as we saw YF-23 models in some PAC video, but the XL concept for PAF is a no go.

If you are a fan of the XL it might actually be revisited by the US as the new clean sheet design being rumored to make up for reduced F-35 numbers. They could have ordered more F-16 latest variants or opted coproduction of Gripen NG but will be more profitable for the manufacturers and congressmen if a new design made.

Dear,
My whole work is to teach our Aeronautical Students about all the Aircraft design.
I want to follow Turkish policy. they wecome new ideas, all ther drones were design by the help of
students. mirage jet has delta wings, Euro Fighter has delta Wings.

in operation swift retort we used all our Jets including Mirage, JF-17 & F-16.
Learning & Study make you able to deal with all condations.
Have you ever seen A-10 Thunderbolt it is a boomber?
look vise so ugly but it has record to destroying Tanks.

jf-17.png

Khaqan Humayun

Jun 30, 2013
Country
Pakistan
Beta.
Sari raat katha sunni par subha pochray ho Majnoon mard tha ke aurat.( Iam old so I do have the right to address you as Beta even if you are in your 40s or 50s.). I wont bore you with more litany as I feel it is not effective but read up on the F16 XL development. Before the design was finalized 22 permutations were tried for the wings. Do you know the R&D budget of Lockmart? Compare that with the R&D budget of PAC. Compare the industrial maturity of Lockmart and PAC. Most importantly justify the need for a delta development by PAC.
A
Hazrat,
Aap na Kahani Apni Marzi Sunni or Sunnai....... Aap ke Aeronatical education k baray ma to nahe janta.
Lakin ya zaroor Janta hon k Ap defence analyst Nahe han.
Lockheed Martin, McDonnell Douglas they make their design to earn from Government.
Hum Defence products k leya Pvt sector ko es leya involve nahe krty Q k un ka profit add ho kr 2 Rupy ke chez 5 ke hojay ge.
Chinese Army has 2000 industries Why?
Wo project k leya apni investment krty han. Israel k leya Lavi Jet produce krna mangha tha same Lavi (J10)
China k leya asan or sasta ha Q? Q k Army Khud Kamati ha Khud Banati ha.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
Lockheed Martin, McDonnell Douglas they make their design to earn from Government.
🙄 ehhh McDonnell Douglas has not existed for over 2-decades, yaar. They were merged/bought out by Boeing in 1997.

Did it ever occur to you why they call it BOEING F-15 or BOEING F-18?

Or did you just get out of cryogenic deep sleep, recently?

Khaqan Humayun

Jun 30, 2013
Country
Pakistan
🙄 ehhh McDonnell Douglas has not existed for over 2-decades, yaar. They were merged/bought out by Boeing in 1997.

McDonnell Douglas is the part of Boeing Now
AH-64 is still in use it was the product of McDonnell Douglas now it is made by Boeing.

You will be called son of your Father, not son of your step Father.

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 15, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I am sorry to say but you have very wrong understanding of Business Takeovers. The former will be only remembered when we speak about history otherwise, latter is the company which exists. To put it aptly with editing to your post, you are son of your father not of your grand father. However, please avoid such childish argument merely to insist on your point.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
McDonnell Douglas is the part of Boeing Now
AH-64 is still in use it was the product of McDonnell Douglas now it is made by Boeing.
I would have skooled you on the topic, but it seems @The Eagle has already done that for me.

Yes, AH-64 was initially built by McDonnell Douglas, so were the F-15, F-18 and C-17... Today, you won't find the name McDonnell Douglas anywhere at BOEING HQ (in Chicago) other than legal documents & old manuals.

Fact Check: Its Lockheed Martin F-16. Not General Dynamics F-16 (anymore).
I honestly don't know how to respond to that ☝ .

I suggest you once again spend less time on [PDF] & more on Reverse Engineering something for Pakistan.

🤙

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom