What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

CHI RULES

Mar 23, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Although, I do have my reservations regarding PAF going for J-10Cs' - whenever that'll happen.

I do wonder if this concept art (from over 5 Years ago) with the CFT could ever be a possibility - a la F-shola lite.

If we are getting a squadron for Naval purposes or to replace Mirges for strike missions then their is possibility of CFTs as I have read that perhaps tests have already been done with CFTs on J10.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
...as I have read that perhaps tests have already been done with CFTs on J10.
Negative.

Had there of been any CFT-variant of the J-10's, it would've been over the .net by now. They have however done Wind Tunnel Testing.

Frankly, i'm not sure where you've read this bit of information, because i've seen some Chinese articles using PDF & other Forums as their source.

For the time being - its just news which is being confirmed by Unofficial Sources. Lets see what becomes of it.

Abid123

Jan 1, 2021
Country
Pakistan
Rumors are Sq7 bandits is getting replaced by J10Cs. China was willing to finance Su35 deal but PAF refused and moving with J10Cs instead.
Lets see how true this news is.
"China was willing to finance Su35 deal but PAF refused". Do you have a source? I did not know that,

Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Aug 22, 2016
Country
Pakistan
I don’t think PAF would want to get rid of a new capability set. OBOG, is still understandable.
I wonder if we're misinterpreting the 'cuts.' The PAF might not be cutting for the sake of saving cost, but for achieving more commonality with the rest of its fleet. So, the PAF may be telling AVIC, "we want the stock J-10CE, but don't add the TDL or RWR" because the PAF will furnish those inputs itself.

kursed

Mar 21, 2007
I wonder if we're misinterpreting the 'cuts.' The PAF might not be cutting for the sake of saving cost, but for achieving more commonality with the rest of its fleet. So, the PAF may be telling AVIC, "we want the stock J-10CE, but don't add the TDL or RWR" because the PAF will furnish those inputs itself.
TDL is one of the most needed parts of the new buy.. cannot offer more without giving details on this. =) There's no way that's getting cut off. Let's see what are the cut off parts.

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
If we are getting a squadron for Naval purposes or to replace Mirges for strike missions then their is possibility of CFTs as I have read that perhaps tests have already been done with CFTs on J10.
Nope ... only wind-tunnel tests. We surely would have noticed a CFT on a J-10 and thru all the years not a single one was spotted. As such I think it is most unlikely to see a CFT out of the blue on Pakistani J-10s.

Salza

Dec 20, 2014
Country
Pakistan
The reason makes sense, it’s because the J-10C is a multi-role fighter, PAF however is going to be using it for specific roles, most of which are A2A related, hence removing certain aspects which aren’t important for that role will both reduce costs and if the modifications are big enough, which I doubt they are, then decrease the weight and increase range as well. This will allow PAF to buy more fighters of the type In the same amount of money.
So no integration with RAAD cruise missile ?

iLION12345_1

May 1, 2016
Country
Pakistan
So no integration with RAAD cruise missile ?
Unlikely but possible. RAAD will be integrated with JF-17 most likely, which would make sense considering they’d want to use the older blocks of that for Mixed A2G and A2A roles while reserving the better aircraft like J-10C, JF block 3 and F-16 for mainly A2A roles. Mirage still has a longer range than all of these aircraft so the ROSE variants can still be used for when longer missions are required with RAAD or otherwise, but keep in mind this is just me speculating according to what makes the most sense in my mind, I may be proven wrong.

Blacklight

PROFESSIONAL
Apr 9, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Unlikely but possible. RAAD will be integrated with JF-17 most likely, which would make sense considering they’d want to use the older blocks of that for Mixed A2G and A2A roles while reserving the better aircraft like J-10C, JF block 3 and F-16 for mainly A2A roles. Mirage still has a longer range than all of these aircraft so the ROSE variants can still be used for when longer missions are required with RAAD or otherwise, but keep in mind this is just me speculating according to what makes the most sense in my mind, I may be proven wrong.
InShaAllah

Mar 8, 2021
Country
Pakistan
Little off topic but if AWC can increase range of Ra'ad then it will be very good news.NESCOM guys are not going to increase range of babar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Top Bottom