What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
We are still flying and extending the life of Mirage 3/5 with expected airframe life of only 1500 Hr. Pretty sure being OEM same can be done for JFT cost effectively.
I’ve gone over this, we have no choice other than to extend the mirages life. It’s an expensive and risky proposal which takes time and money, you basically rebuilt the aircraft and replace significant portions of the airframe to be able to do so

Nomad40

Jan 3, 2020
Country
Pakistan
If my memory serves me well, airframes lives for compatible platforms are something like this;

5500hrs for f16s pre block 40
8000 for block 40 and above

these are pre SLEP.

jf17s from memory should be around 2000-2500, roughly on par with the service life of the rd93

Block 2s and 3s do make use of more composites, however I’m not sure how their service life is effected.
Extending the life of jf17s seems like an expensive proposition, I don’t really know how engine life extension programs work or whether that’s a thing, or whether you’d need to ditch the engines and order new engine
JF17 is 4000hours with 3 overhauls an airframe

Caprxl

Jan 1, 2015
Country
Pakistan
@Caprxl @PanzerKiel

One day when these keyboard warriors, find out what else PAF has been working on, besides new fighter aircrafts, I'd love to see the look on their faces.

Just because of this thread, my popcorn consumption has gone through the roof.:lol:
Brother just leave the monkey's in the east aside, even our own brothers cannot digest this much let alone other stuff apart from fighter aircrafts. Instead of just simply agreeing to disagree they start mocking & degrade.

Despite all the low time relations with WEST, I wonder what will happen if PAK-WEST relations any time in future becomes a bit less low - or to say at least normal; :D

Not everyone can comprehend the crumbs being left here by Professionals & very often folks here are oblivious to most of the progress & information, which to be honest is better, for greater good - until the time comes. So just following brother @PanzerKiel Advice & you should follow the same.

You know I've got a tough job here... Like if I divulge the name of the western platform today..... Half of the readers would brand me as someone who talks wrong, another group would say I've got no idea what I'm talking about.... Its a real test of my patience then because then one can only curse oneself that Banda aik tau baat bhi bataye... Aur phir muft ki baatain bhi sunay..... So therefore, let's wait for a good time.... :cheers:

Try your luck with @Blacklight, he might help....

For my other curious & eager brothers, it has been made clear & message has been well delivered to all the stake holders & I will dare say well received (as they know us pretty well) that;

"when monkeys will feel froggy & leap, those Rafales or Su or whatever they come in, rest assured (by the will of Almighty) are going down either way & the only question world would be dying to know then will be: "with what" . . . . ."

Any Fighter Aircraft Manufacturer (East or WEST or Martian or one from a parallel universe) would love to fill in the answer with one of their's - So I will just say, All in good time In Sha Allah :pakistan:

MIRauf

Mar 23, 2018
Country
United States
I recently read something (somewhere) that I thought i'd share with you all...

" Blk 70's are the new built. Blk72's are the upgraded ones."

& here I thought that...

- Block 70 is the one with the GE Engine
- Block 72 is the one with the P&W Engine

Note: PLEASE don't ask me where I got that copy/paste quote from.
@Akh1112 @iLION12345_1 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @ziaulislam
I could be wrong, but the poster was stating:

F-16s inbound in the following format:

Newer built and Older Blocks MLU'ed.

Newer Built are of Block-70 with GE Engines.
Older ( w/ PW ) upgraded / MLU'ed to Block72 standard, don't think the poster meant that will be the actual Block 72s.

That was my take on it.

PS: Not defending anyone, not agreeing or disagreeing with what has been posted on the forums about it.

Last edited:

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
I recently read something (somewhere) that I thought i'd share with you all...

" Blk 70's are the new built. Blk72's are the upgraded ones."

& here I thought that...

- Block 70 is the one with the GE Engine
- Block 72 is the one with the P&W Engine

Note: PLEASE don't ask me where I got that copy/paste quote from.
@Akh1112 @iLION12345_1 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @ziaulislam
I have absolutely no idea what this is in reference to, however I question the planners of the Air Force who are deciding to induct a platform but two sub variants of it, if this is in reference to the PAF, i call bs, the PAF will always stick with the PW engine.

akramishaqkhan

Feb 28, 2017
Country
Pakistan
My worst fear for both East and West News if true:

East: it's coming because AZM got too much delayed and we have no other option to go for stop gap.

West: Middle East and Africa are actually in West.

I hope I am wrong.
Probably one of the more accurate posts on this thread in a while, though Azm delay does not have much to do with the stop gap. The stop gap is a need regardless of Azm.

TheTallGuy

Apr 10, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Question is now, how will J-10CE is inducted in PAF.
(Guess work) :)
So possibly 36 good enough for 2 x sqns
we have three commands logically Block 52s are in Center so single sqn each for north and south.

Each squadron strength at 14-16 Aircraft
remaining as pattern now in CCS

now, its just me..by looking at previous actual direct purchase when in 1988 F7Ms came they were inducted in No.20 Sqn (PAF flew them like hell - ironed out the issues - developed tactics) then returned them with specific modification request.

Times have changed. since we have CCS now 1st inductions (just guessing) should be CCS may be 6-8 aircraft to developed core organic skill set and tactics then convert 2 x squadrons (plausible)

now with possible rumored induction by December this year. my deductive reasoning suggest there should be a flight of J10CE inducted already or will be inducted shortly to give lead in time of service entry.

goal is to create organic skills sets (pilots & ground staff) for rapid induction in Combat squadrons.

so..any idea what are the 2 x squadrons that are earmarked to re-equipment?

@Blacklight @PanzerKiel @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Windjammer

its all guess work..

Blacklight

PROFESSIONAL
Apr 9, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Question is now, how will J-10CE is inducted in PAF.
(Guess work) :)
So possibly 36 good enough for 2 x sqns
we have three commands logically Block 52s are in Center so single sqn each for north and south.

Each squadron strength at 14-16 Aircraft
remaining as pattern now in CCS

now, its just me..by looking at previous actual direct purchase when in 1988 F7Ms came they were inducted in No.20 Sqn (PAF flew them like hell - ironed out the issues - developed tactics) then returned them with specific modification request.

Times have changed. since we have CCS now 1st inductions (just guessing) should be CCS may be 6-8 aircraft to developed core organic skill set and tactics then convert 2 x squadrons (plausible)

now with possible rumored induction by December this year. my deductive reasoning suggest there should be a flight of J10CE inducted already or will be inducted shortly to give lead in time of service entry.

goal is to create organic skills sets (pilots & ground staff) for rapid induction in Combat squadrons.

so..any idea what are the 2 x squadrons that are earmarked to re-equipment?

@Blacklight @PanzerKiel @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Windjammer

its all guess work..
@Raider 21 & @SQ8 could most probably answer this better.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
J-10 News from China...

Not certain how many of you have been following the much anticipated deal between Pakistan & China, other than what is revealed here.

These are just some of the articles from their News sites I was able to get a hold of - of the past week.

Note: You may wanna switch the 'Translate' option on for this one...

- Pakistan will purchase 36 J-10C fighters from China

- Headline Revealed" the only way to establish a military-diplomatic alliance for the export of the Lu Jian 10C fighter

- Chuanjian 10C received overseas orders for the first time, China’s official new move is suspected to be confirmed

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
I have absolutely no idea what this is in reference to, however I question the planners of the Air Force who are deciding to induct a platform but two sub variants of it, if this is in reference to the PAF, i call bs, the PAF will always stick with the PW engine.
This news has been peddled before as well. The rationale was that newer blocks were only 70s and therefore the GE engine would be accepted by PAF. However the newer bit to it is the MLUed 72s which unless we are talking about upgrading 18 of ours to 72 configuration seems a bit too much as no one is currently letting go of 52s.
I questioned it then with no response other than "I have more A listed sources than you can dream of". I fully agree with the gIst of your post that PAF will not take on the headache of one platform with 2 different engines.
The rest of it I will leave for now.
A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom