What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
Iraq, Jordan, Egypt
Nope - Nope - Nope

Those Scandinavian/Belgian F-16's maybe if they haven't already been spoken for by the Eastern European block.
When we are already getting J10C.
Lets just keep the J-10's on the side for now. Here - some have already inducted them in the PAF. Lets just say that its mere speculation for the time being - regardless of the source.

White Lion

Apr 24, 2021
Country
United Kingdom
than why you say in your post That AZM would be single engine/light weight jet???
There are two things that you are confusing from my earlier post.
1) Project AZM is the name for Pakistani FGA this not just includes aircraft with 2 engine but also others. So far PAF has disclosed two engine FGA under Project Azm and a MALE UCAV.

2) I mentioned PAF should have selected one of the 3 designs shown under TFX programe. Most likely the single engine configuration one as it would have given PAF the ability to procure the Turkish Twin engine one from Turkey and Turkey could have procured the Single engine one for them from Pakistan. This could have provided solution for both high end multiengine and single engine aircraft and filled the gap left by F-35. PAF replacement for F-16 could be the twin engine Turkish version and Mirage replacement could have been the single engine ones.
1l-Image-TAI-TF-X-Stealth-Fighter.jpg

Thorough Pro

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 23, 2008
Country
Pakistan
China does not have a "Blinder" version of J10, that is J16D

a standalone version of the J10 EW version? which means a J10 growler specifically for Pakistan, which indeed sounds a bit unrealistic due to cost effectiveness and power issues.
Nothing is coming from the West, and that is a good thing.

East or West?

Last edited:

Dreamer.

Apr 1, 2018
Country
Pakistan
Mirage 2000 is not like Mirage 3/5 hence PAF would not want it now. Mirage F-1 could be purchased.
Kind of like what I said. Although I wouldn't count on F-1 either.
2) PAF needs to maintain a 50% of what ever number of aircraft Indian Air Force has at all times. 2:1 ratio.(1500 aircraft in IAF today. PAF needs 700 aircraft)
Now 100+ F-16 +200 JF-17 + 260 M-3/5 still would be less than the desired numbers. Not to mention that in the next 8-9 years 260+ Mirage need to be replaced.
PAF can not have a fleet of 500 aircraft against 1500 IAF aircraft that is a ratio 1:3.
On what planet do IAF have 1500 fighter aircraft? Kindly come down to earth.
Block 4 induction would be in an other 6-7 years which makes it irrelevant. Reason are by that time PAF would be offered the F-35 along with Russian or Chinese Single Engine 5th Gen aircraft. Not to mention Project AZM / TFX and KFX would be also available.
Oh ok.

Last edited:

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
@Zarvan ! @PanzerKiel did mentioned west but never mentioned which west how far we have to go towards West. Hear me out, If we travel to west not far away you have Iran it could be Iran's Qaher.

Now you have middle East in west too.
On the edge of Middle East and Europe you got Turkey i.e TFX, Hurjet

European countries are also in west it could be Italian Armachi MB-339, EF Typhoon, could be Gripen, If you want to travel more towards west you have USA. USA means F-16s.

Brazil is in South America it could be Super Tucano

If you circumnavigate, you are technically traveling towards west. So, You got China.

So the Eastern and Western jet is J-10C because you moved towards west technically speaking.

That's my Big Chimp Brain theory.

If you can ask Panzer bhai how far we have to travel in west most of the confusion will be solved.
Bhai you want to make very simple thing difficult then you can continue. Other wise from west we all know either it's Europe or USA. So basically two main options. EFT or Block 72.
Well since it is "Bilal's Air Force", and not PAF, do add on:

Indigenous dual purpose long range AAM / A2G missiles
Hypersonic glide vehicles
Kamikaze Drones
S500 equivalent ABM system
X-Band long range GaN radars
High Altitude Long Endurance multi purpose drones
Laser weapons capability
Sir this is your own wish list or that of PAF ?

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
...it was also the first time I heard about J10 EW version.
Don't be alarmed...
On [PDF] you'll find all the unconventional things on the Pakistani-variant of the J-10. Shockingly, Catic and/or the PAF have no clue as to what these upgrades are, but here we're discussing it as if its as easy as getting new window tints on our car.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
So basically two main options. EFT or Block 72.
I'm not going to go near the EFT discussion because apparently Pakistan became the first nation whom British Aerospace EAP approached to buy their aircraft without a Tender. Oh well.

As for the Block 70/72. [Yaar, kuch KHUDA ka khoof karo]. The US President has been in Office, what, 6 Months now. He doesn't even want to engage our PM and you think Congress is dying to sell us their brand new F-16's.

I don't know why, but for someone who has been on [PDF] for so long, you seem too gullible for your own good.

I'll tell you what, forget the Block 70/72's. If the US approves to anything that even resembles an F-16 - I will be the first one to start an Apology Topic addressed to you & tag anyone & everyone starting with your Two Sources.

But..., if you're wrong - you'll be the target of mass trolling with each & everyone of your Quotes - purely because you asked for it.
Sir this is your own wish list or that of PAF ?
No, its the Sarcastic List.

You should try it sometime. Drives like new - hardly any miles on it.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
No, most probably PAF looking for this
Arguably the best in its Class. But at the end of the day, its just a Light Attack TRAINER.

The Chinese L-15 is much cheaper & offers somewhat the same.

Something like this would be great to replace the K-8's if that day ever comes 'cause at the very least it won't just be a Trainer.

But M-346 isn't even in conversation. Lets move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 2, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom